Is this dual?

7 posts in this topic

I was thinking about limits and the limit of the universe is nothingness.

Nothingness limits itself because it is nothing. There is nothing beyond the limit. The ultimate limit of the universe is nothingness.

And I was thinking about consciousness. When I investigate the self, I find emptiness, formlessness, silence. I look into myself and I find nothingness.

So the limit of consciousness is also nothingness.

And I was thinking about nothingness and realized that nothingness is not existence. Nothingness is nothing. Existence is isness. Nothingness is the absence of is. They are two!

Yes? no? What are your thoughts on nothingness? 

I heard it said that in the occult they value duality as much as nonduality. I keep that in mind. I’m all about duality it’s petty rad even if it is illusion

Edited by 73809

Duality/separation isn't real.

Like imaginary lines on a map.

The separate individual in the body is an illusion.

There is a conditioned seperate body. But the identification as this separate conditioned body is Maya illusion of the self.

This recognition makes the concept of any real separation non-applicable....as in unreal from the start.

"the separation never occurred"

-- A Course in Miracles

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Is it really limited by nothingness? Is really nothingness non existence? 

Or rather a radical state of conciousness?

Maybe the fabric of everythingness and nothingness is the same, conciousness?

Is it not nothingness that experiences everythingness right now?

Is nothingness just a word?

If it is non existence how would you know that it is that?

Conciousness in my experience is nothing.

A nothing void. But still present.

Is not "nothingness" a womb with potential?

What can actualize a potential from nothingness if not nothingness itself?

But if nothingness is truly real,  like imagine nothing,  not space not a dot,  not a particle,  nooooothing, so do actual nothing really "exist " ?

Is it not so that nothing = something. 

This is what nothing looks like.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

I believe in nothing but I don’t know it. How do I know nothing limits the universe? That is belief. How do I know consciousness is nothingness? That is another belief.

I jumped the gun on this post. I didn’t think about it deeply. I didn’t do the work myself.

11 hours ago, 73809 said:

Existence is isness. Nothingness is the absence of is.

Isness is an absolute. There can't be the absence of isness. Since that absence has to is to be absence. I find it helpful to think of it in terms of forms and formlessness. You can destroy the isness of all forms. What will remain is the isness of formlessness. And really they are the same when you get to the bottom of it. All forms  are empty. And emptiness is form. Such distinctions must collapse (even something vs nothing). It's all one thing. It's beyond categories. 

11 hours ago, 73809 said:

I was thinking...

Stop thinking. Stop thinking forever.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

if there is no time nothing happens, if there is no space there is no shape or limits. the absence of both = nothing. but still nothing is. Can you imagine it? I don't. I think the only way is to perceive it by stopping the mind