Guest EmptyVase

Discovering Awesomeness

186 posts in this topic

@Nahm

Hi! I'd like to ask you a few questions again. :)

What does a third eye opening point to?

In my experience, seeing became increasingly available and certain veils were lifted. There is now a clarity which was not there before. I can clearly see now the guidance of emotions, as well as the profound paradox of seeing: The seer cannot see itself, it can only be itself. It also dawns upon me that we make up dualities on the fly, such as being at home vs. being at work - this duality is clearly a mental construct. I always thought that dualities had to be opposites, such as you/me, black/white, or the like. But now, I recognize this as simply making up distinctions between things - even the word 'thing' is a duality, which says 'this is a thing' and 'this is not a thing'. I don't quite get where this is leading me to, but it sure is an interesting insight. Oh yeah, now that I write it, in-sight; 'stuff' is in sight, visible, recognizable.

There is also a seeing of how others feel, to which I was priorly numb to. Not always, but pretty often, it is very obvious to me how someone feels, and whether they are being honest, or not.

And I'm also being flooded with insights, like, almost every experience is insightful in some way. Contemplation is still very useful, but not necessary to generate insights. They sorta just come my way, either by manifested experiences, or through the present emotional guidance system, or simply by creative thinking.

Are there degrees to a third eye opening (in terms of seeing more and more)? And also, is it pointing to the same ineffable 'thing' as awakening?

31 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

What does a third eye opening point to?

I wanna say oneness, Nonduality, true beauty, love, readily seen in all things etc. But it’s ineffable and extraordinarily unique as well. It’s all that and more, and that more is only for you, and is a complete mystery until it unfolds in actuality. So when you ask the only honest answer I can give to you, with respect to you, is I don’t know, you have to find out. If you share it, then I’d at least have some idea of what your experience is like.  

The thought ‘seeing’ is as much actually seeing as the thought ‘third eye’ is as much the actuality of ‘what’s seen’.

Also, on the flip side, ‘stuff in sight’ has more implication left on the bone. A contemplation of the opposite, ‘no ‘stuff’ in sight’ might be fun. Or funny. Potential there for both actually. 

In my experience, seeing became increasingly available and certain veils were lifted. There is now a clarity which was not there before. I can clearly see now the guidance of emotions, as well as the profound paradox of seeing: The seer cannot see itself, it can only be itself. It also dawns upon me that we make up dualities on the fly, such as being at home vs. being at work - this duality is clearly a mental construct. I always thought that dualities had to be opposites, such as you/me, black/white, or the like. But now, I recognize this as simply making up distinctions between things - even the word 'thing' is a duality, which says 'this is a thing' and 'this is not a thing'. I don't quite get where this is leading me to, but it sure is an interesting insight. Oh yeah, now that I write it, in-sight; 'stuff' is in sight, visible, recognizable.

There is also a seeing of how others feel, to which I was priorly numb to. Not always, but pretty often, it is very obvious to me how someone feels, and whether they are being honest, or not.

And I'm also being flooded with insights, like, almost every experience is insightful in some way. Contemplation is still very useful, but not necessary to generate insights. They sorta just come my way, either by manifested experiences, or through the present emotional guidance system, or simply by creative thinking.

? ? Beautiful. 

I’d say third eye points to what you’re experiencing. Any affirmation though would of course be found directly, in the resonating. Sure sounds like it is to me. 

Are there degrees to a third eye opening (in terms of seeing more and more)?

Degrees is a thought, implying differences & separations. Useful in creation, but doesn’t apply to third eye. Third eye is other worldly. 

And also, is it pointing to the same ineffable 'thing' as awakening?

What isn’t.

9_9

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

29 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I wanna say oneness, Nonduality, true beauty, love, readily seen in all things etc. But it’s ineffable and extraordinarily unique as well. It’s all that and more, and that more is only for you, and is a complete mystery until it unfolds in actuality. So when you ask the only honest answer I can give to you, with respect to you, is I don’t know, you have to find out.

Perhaps silence, or winks, are the best answers to that. Source sweeps ya off your feet. xD

31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The thought ‘seeing’ is as much actually seeing as the thought ‘third eye’ is as much the actuality of ‘what’s seen’.

Seeing is seeing, third eye is what's seen. Took me a minute to wrap my head around it. So when one says "his third eye is open", it refers to someone who is looking through the eyes of source? If one were to conceptualize it, I'd say that 'seeing' is the structure while 'third eye' is the content of what's seen through 'seeing'. Seeing is meta, while what's seen is context-based. Something like that?

41 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Also, on the flip side, ‘stuff in sight’ has more implication left on the bone. A contemplation of the opposite, ‘no ‘stuff’ in sight’ might be fun. Or funny. Potential there for both actually. 

Will do! But first.. by left on the bone, do you mean, not properly eating your chicken wing and leaving some meat on the bone?

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Any affirmation though would of course be found directly, in the resonating. Sure sounds like it is to me. 

Do you mean an affirmation that the third eye is open(ing)? I'm absolutely feeling increasing resonance. My boss send me to a company where I have to do some really dull assembly work, but even while assembling connector housings for cables, I'm getting ecstatic rushes and amazing insights. Lol.

48 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Degrees is a thought, implying differences & separations. Useful in creation, but doesn’t apply to third eye. Third eye is other worldly. 

What isn’t.

:)

1 hour ago, EmptyVase said:

So when one says "his third eye is open", it refers to someone who is looking through the eyes of source? If one were to conceptualize it, I'd say that 'seeing' is the structure while 'third eye' is the content of what's seen through 'seeing'. Seeing is meta, while what's seen is context-based. Something like that?

It’s not a reference to someone. It’s a reference, only a pointing, to a direct experience. The pointing is like wind, in that it comes from no one, goes to no one, belongs to no one, and is not of anyone.

Will do! But first.. by left on the bone, do you mean, not properly eating your chicken wing and leaving some meat on the bone?

lol yeah. 

Do you mean an affirmation that the third eye is open(ing)?

Yes. If it can be affirmed that is not it. If there is no question, no doubt, then there quite simply & plainly, isn’t. 

I'm absolutely feeling increasing resonance. My boss send me to a company where I have to do some really dull assembly work, but even while assembling connector housings for cables, I'm getting ecstatic rushes and amazing insights. Lol.

:)

Over here tripping on nothing doing electrical work. ? 

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

It’s not a reference to someone. It’s a reference, only a pointing, to a direct experience. The pointing is like wind, in that it comes from no one, goes to no one, belongs to no one, and is not of anyone.

Alrighty, got it.

Reminds me of an insight I had recently. You never see the wind itself, you only see or notice the consequences of it - wind brushing through the trees, feeling a gentle breeze, or utilizing x5 the manpower on your bike. No objects, no noticeable wind. That's an interesting koan-like sentence. If there's nothing to stop the wind, to whom is there wind?

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

lol yeah. 

?

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

Yes. If it can be affirmed that is not it. If there is no question, no doubt, then there quite simply & plainly, isn’t.

All we get is breadcrumbs. But hey, the bread tastes amazing, so I'll take 'em.

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

Over here tripping on nothing doing electrical work. ? 

??

Only in the darkness can you see the light.

When all contrasts extinguish, you are the light.

@Nahm

So I've noticed something about expression and focus.

Sometimes, resistance to feeling certain emotions comes up. When that happens, I usually express rather than suppress, and it works great.

But lately, I've been noticing a different dynamic. Let's say there are certain thoughts about a topic. Rather than keeping my focus on those not so good feeling thoughts by taking my time to express them, I find myself shifting my focus to a completely different topic. I don't even wanna entertain such discordant thoughts for a split second further, even if it is about expressing them.

It usually depends on the topic whether I want to express what I feel or rather shift my focus wholly to something else, something which feels better.

I'm still a bit suspicious about doing it this way. On one hand, expression leads to shifting your focus to something which feels better - so in that sense, going directly to shifting focus might be more immediate than taking the expression-detour. On the other hand, precisely because expression takes a bit more time, there's not the risk to sweep things under the carpet by not-suppressing. You know what you express, and with a journal, you even have it black on white on paper. This seems a bit more foolproof.

What are your thoughts on this? Are there any traps involved, which I'm not seeing? Thank you. ?

@EmptyVase

Excellent, excellent ‘work’ man. What comes to mind is the above & below of contentment. To reach contentment is to let go of what is already discordant. That already is the key. If there is not already the emotional experience of lower than contentment, then nothing is suppressed in the shifting to a thought with an accompanying higher emotion. 

I suspect what your experiencing is more intuition, and thus emotional autocorrecting of the body mind, and the great joy of emotional sensitivity. It’s sounds like you are seeing a mile away, a discordant thought, whereas before you might have focused on it and entertained it longer. Now, you just know. Not the knowledge know, but the being knowingness. For that knowingness, thought isn’t even needed. Still useful of course in communicating, expressing preference etc… but not as needed for alignment. 

@Nahm

Yay! Great to hear, thanks. :)

Already implies immediateness or directness, which has a whiff of profundity to it. Can't quite put my finger on what 'already' entails, but so far in my experience it's a recognition and acknowledgement of what's presently arising, and also, what you want to do with what is arising - in other words, what you want to focus on now.

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

then nothing is suppressed in the shifting to a thought with an accompanying higher emotion. 

That is very good to know.

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I suspect what your experiencing is more intuition, and thus emotional autocorrecting of the body mind, and the great joy of emotional sensitivity. It’s sounds like you are seeing a mile away, a discordant thought, whereas before you might have focused on it and entertained it longer. Now, you just know. Not the knowledge know, but the being knowingness. For that knowingness, thought isn’t even needed. Still useful of course in communicating, expressing preference etc… but not as needed for alignment. 

?

Not sure what I know, but I feel like the acknowledgement of what's presently arising and the intuitively known shift in focus plays a major role in all of this.

The clarification was amazing, thank you!

What's it worth, if it ain't for love?

Performance

As I'm stepping more into the world of action, I'm noticing a tendency to want to perform better. This might be an ego thing, but frankly, I don't care.

When I play the piano, I want the performance to be fuckin' flawless. No slipping, no sliding, no wrong key. Just a fuckin' flawless performance.

When I'm DJing, then everything just has to fuckin' work. And not "just working", I want it to be the goddamn Crème de la crème. Just absolutely delicious and irresistible. I want to put a spell on my counterpart and enchant them with the love and inspiration that I'm feeling. I want them to fall into a trance of crystal clear presence, relaxation and inspiration.

When I talk to someone, I want to intoxicate them with the stardust that's rubbing off on them. I want to seduce and entice them into a place of love, laughter, and joy - regardless of business or dating.

I want my work to be delicious.

I want the ineffable thing, that I am, to radiate outwards. I want to inspire.

But also, I still want to keep the roughness, and I don't want everything to be absolutely flawless, because that is fucking boring. I want to play on the piano that hasn't been tuned in ages, I want to hit the wrong note, because that's what makes it one of a kind. I want to say what I want to say, even if it's coming off as being rough around the edges and doesn't inspire someone. I don't care. I don't want a perfect circle. That's what makes us all so unique and beautiful.

I already journaled quite a bit about this in OneNote and wrote it on my board. Wanna share some inspiration on this, @Nahm? :)

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

?

?? 

This either leaves a lot of room for interpretation.. or none. xD

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

?

?? 

Sorry folks, it was all spiritual ego BS.

Somethin's just not sittin right with that.

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

?

?? 

Sorry, the tag doesn't go away on the phone.

It's easy for the ego to latch onto art, as art is also expression of ego. Gotta be careful and not too reckless.

If you're listening to feeling, it has a distinct flavor of, "This ain't it, chief.".

Edited by EmptyVase

8 hours ago, EmptyVase said:

Performance

As I'm stepping more into the world of action, I'm noticing a tendency to want to perform better. This might be an ego thing, but frankly, I don't care.

When I play the piano, I want the performance to be fuckin' flawless. No slipping, no sliding, no wrong key. Just a fuckin' flawless performance.

When I'm DJing, then everything just has to fuckin' work. And not "just working", I want it to be the goddamn Crème de la crème. Just absolutely delicious and irresistible. I want to put a spell on my counterpart and enchant them with the love and inspiration that I'm feeling. I want them to fall into a trance of crystal clear presence, relaxation and inspiration.

When I talk to someone, I want to intoxicate them with the stardust that's rubbing off on them. I want to seduce and entice them into a place of love, laughter, and joy - regardless of business or dating.

I want my work to be delicious.

I want the ineffable thing, that I am, to radiate outwards. I want to inspire.

But also, I still want to keep the roughness, and I don't want everything to be absolutely flawless, because that is fucking boring. I want to play on the piano that hasn't been tuned in ages, I want to hit the wrong note, because that's what makes it one of a kind. I want to say what I want to say, even if it's coming off as being rough around the edges and doesn't inspire someone. I don't care. I don't want a perfect circle. That's what makes us all so unique and beautiful.

I already journaled quite a bit about this in OneNote and wrote it on my board. Wanna share some inspiration on this, @Nahm? :)

This is just beautiful. I got nothin.  

For anyone reading, I'm choosing to let this stay here, to expose myself, so to speak. It's part of my journey and it would be easy to hide this post, but an ego specifically doesn't like it when it gets exposed.

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

This is just beautiful. I got nothin.  

I dunno man. Feels like bragging or something.