Eren Eeager

Do serious spiritual seekers have similar personal traits?

10 posts in this topic

Are they less social, more intellectual and philosophical? More introverted?

Do this represent the majority of serious spiritual seekers?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Probably a strong streak of those colors in spiritual seekers, but Consciousness shines through every personality that will let it. Sadhguru is no introvert.

Ultimately what matters isn't the personality of the seeker, but the transparency of their personality. Personality only adds flavor.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

it would be interesting if there are for example more "only childs" etc. in "seekers"

1 hour ago, Username said:

Sadhguru is ISTP. He is an introvert.

I don't know him well, but he doesn't self-identify as either, and discourages the label. He strikes me as extraverted in his teaching style, his lifestyle, and even his attire, compared to someone like Eckhart Tolle.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha I think pursuing the truth changes your personality trait towards a certain personality common among seekers. I don't  think that the real personality of sadhguru is what you see on yt, I think he forces himself into this personality as part of his life purpose or it is maybe the end result of seeking, "going back to the market place" and socializing more with people but maybe him when he was a young seeker, I think he was more introverted.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Moksha  I have an ISTP friend and he acts and looks exactly the same (I mean facial expressions, eye movements etc.). He can also seem very sociable if needed. The way he is expressing emotions is on/off, in public he is overly kind - inferior Fe. Riding motorcycle alone is also typical ISTP thing. He doesn't like to theorize - Ne blindspot.

His extroverted sensing and extroverted feeling may make him seem extroverted but he isn't.

I do get the feeling that there are similarities. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Eren Eeager @Username You could well be right. Maybe the reason Sadhguru rejects both the introvert and the extravert labels, is the same reason enlightened people tend to reject all labels. Categories are inherently constricting, and Consciousness is free. Consciousness has no personality, so the more transparent a guru is, the less of any personality type they are likely to display.

Nope, not at all! there are so many paths in this work. A path for each personality. 

You may see a lot of people in the western world having a similar personality cause they learn the same shit. 

Personality does not equal anything. Personality also shines a lot. when I say personality does not equal anything I mean that killing people does not equal low consciousness and stuff like that. Personality is also everything as it shows what type of person they are (of course, right?)

Different paths bring out different personality. Learning makes you more intellectual, however that is just one path of spirituality. 

One thing I must clarify is that all paths must be one of purity. the seeking of purity or the becoming of more purity. that is the way to which most people seek.