jim123

All religions cannot be true

40 posts in this topic

The narrow way is to deny yourself. 

And that's the same to all the other religions, all of them point to leave your false self behind to see your true self. In Christianity they called to be born again, but is the same thing in other religions with different words.

And it's really hard... to surrender your life to become enlightened. That's why they say the path is narrow.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

6 hours ago, mandyjw said:

If you were very familiar with Christianity you'd notice that the denominations within one religion are vastly different and distinct in their beliefs, and even the individuals within those denominations are vastly different and distinct.

Division and separation is a good thing. Here's a quote from Jesus:

Luke 12:51-53 "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

On Actualized.org you believe in oneness and unity, but Jesus teaches separation and division.

5 minutes ago, jim123 said:

On Actualized.org you believe in oneness and unity, but Jesus teaches separation and division.

Jesus also said: "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the (Father's) domain]."

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

24 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Jesus also said:

Nope, he didn't. The gospel of Thomas is Satan's counterfeit of the real Bible. Anybody could write a counterfeit gospel and claim that it's part of the Bible. The King James Bible has been the standard Bible for more than 400 years. It has never been corrupted during those years.

5 hours ago, jim123 said:

Division and separation is a good thing. Here's a quote from Jesus:

Luke 12:51-53 "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

I don't believe in oneness and unity or division or separation or good or bad. All is appearance, duality. 

5 hours ago, jim123 said:

Nope, he didn't. The gospel of Thomas is Satan's counterfeit of the real Bible. Anybody could write a counterfeit gospel and claim that it's part of the Bible. The King James Bible has been the standard Bible for more than 400 years. It has never been corrupted during those years.

What if God is SO good that he still speaks to people directly, including you and you never had to outsource your authority or connection with God in this way. I mean, what else is the Holy Spirit? Don't you trust that inner guide and resonance to guide you? How can you live your life and make everyday decisions if you outsource credibility to scholars who lived and died hundreds of years ago, who you never knew? You'd have to put God in a box somewhere and set him of a lofty shelf, to keep him safe and untainted by all that you see, do and think. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Ahahah !

Those people talking about the Bible, Quran thinking the book isn't corrupt.

???

99,99% is fantasy and imagination, the prophet didn't even wanted a book, because he knew it would be corrupted.

He wasn't a stupid conformist ideologist fundamentalist, which is precisely why he was considered as a prophet and not just a self realized person !

Ahahah !

You religious people thinking you are religious, you aren't, you are doing the exact opposite of what the prophets wanted you to do, and you called it Christianity and Islam !

You are being the devil your book talks about, it's a metaphor for unconsciousness ?

What a comedy show !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Shin said:

You religious people thinking you are religious, you aren't, you are doing the exact opposite of what the prophets wanted you to do, and you called it Christianity and Islam !

I'm causing division and separation with my religious beliefs, exactly what Jesus wanted me to do.

I used to be a follower of Actualized.org before I became a Christian. I thought that I could go to heaven by doing things like meditation or yoga, but then I found out that you can go to heaven just by believing in Jesus. You can't work your way to heaven. Even if you sit 40 years in a monastery torturing yourself, you will be no closer to heaven because your own righteousness is like a filthy rag in the sight of God.

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." - Isaiah 64:6

@jim123 When Jesus taught that the Kingdom of God is within, and could not be found here or there, he was pointing at the present moment. You don't have to die in order to experience heaven.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

17 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@jim123 When Jesus taught that the Kingdom of God is within, and could not be found here or there, he was pointing at the present moment. You don't have to die in order to experience heaven.

Tbh, maybe he's saying that, just with Christian words.

God is love

And God in them

3 hours ago, jim123 said:

You can't work your way to heaven.

You can't work your way to heaven or enlightenment in Yoga either... it's not you who is "doing" anything but reality (The Lord if you want to use Christian terms) is the doer... consciousness is doing you if you "deny yourself"

Jesus said that you have to do the will of the Lord, how is it that the religions have changed that into making you think that just by believing you are saved? Or that if you put some water in your head and you say "I accept you Jesus" you are saved??? BS!!!

That's how they distort Jesus sayings in the churches and religious organizations.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who DOES the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

46 minutes ago, Shin said:

Tbh, maybe he's saying that, just with Christian words.

Yes, maybe. If he is in heaven now, the names don't matter.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

You can't work your way to heaven or enlightenment in Yoga either...

As if sitting 40 years in a monastery torturing yourself doesn't count as "work."

6 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Jesus said that you have to do the will of the Lord, how is it that the religions have changed that into making you think that just by believing you are saved?

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who DOES the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Yes, and the will of the Father is that you would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. That's what the Bible teaches in John 6:40.

And it's actually the other way around. Religions have changed it into making you think that you need to work your way to heaven. Every religion teaches that except the Bible.

James 2:

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 

15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 

16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 

17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

There is wisdom in the bible, as there is wisdom in other scriptures. God wakes you up, and then God works through you. God is you. That is the true message, not only of Christianity, but of Eastern religions too.

Edited by Moksha

20 minutes ago, jim123 said:

Yes, and the will of the Father is that you would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. That's what the Bible teaches in John 6:40.

Show me one text in the Bible where Jesus himself says that you have to believe that he died for your sins, so if you believe in him you will be saved.

But one text where Jesus himself says it, not his disciples. His disciples interpreted Jesus sayings in their way and they arrive to that conclusions, but you will never find Jesus quote saying that, or if you find it let me know.

Not Peter, not Paul, not any of his disciples but him.

Accepting Christ is recognizing the divine in you, you right you are being the devil believing that you are a person thinking that you are in control of everything, that you are this and that... that's the ego devil that is right now usurping the place of God. When you realize that you are born again. Not because of your beliefs.

When Jesus said, believe in me, he was referring to his teachings not a belief only in a doctrine that was created after he left our world.

Edited by abrakamowse

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

Not Peter, not Paul, not any of his disciples but him.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." - Jesus, John 6:47

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

you are being the devil believing that you are a person thinking that you are in control of everything, that you are this and that... that's the ego devil that is right now usurping the place of God.

That's a pretty dumb interpretation because the Bible teaches that the devil is transformed into an angel of light. That can't be just some symbolism of the ego. No normal person in their right mind would elevate themselves to the level of an angel. That would require a pretty big ego.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." - 2 Corinthians 11:14

4 minutes ago, jim123 said:

That's a pretty dumb interpretation

It's good that Jesus said ""Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Thanks for your super smart interpretation, good luck with that.

Technically he's right.

If you're a fundamentalist, you will only enter heaven when the body dies.

If you're non ideological (so not dumb) though, you can decades before.

Had to be smart though ?

God is love

And God in them

On 11/16/2020 at 9:02 AM, jim123 said:

If all religions are leading you unto life, then "the way" which leads unto life is not narrow at all.

90% of people who follow religions don't understand what they're following. It's still pretty narrow.

I don't understand your logic here. You're basing all of this on a metaphor describing the path as "narrow". It makes no sense to me.

14 hours ago, jim123 said:

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

This is talking about the controversy and disturbance his teachings will bring. It will make conflicts and disturbances between people and divide them. It's not saying that non-duality is false.

All religious teachings can be dissected like this, and you will notice a pattern, which is that all of them point to non-duality. It's just a matter of being able to interpret the metaphors used.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, jim123 said:

That's a pretty dumb interpretation because the Bible teaches that the devil is transformed into an angel of light. That can't be just some symbolism of the ego.

I can't think of a better metaphor for the ego. The ego is the devil posing as the savior. It is the great pretender. It whispers from the shadows that it will save you from suffering, only to stab you in the back when you aren't looking. The only way to free yourself from suffering is to die before you die.

devil is lived spelled backwards and life is a dead end. We will have to go back and account for how we cut ourselves off from ourselves, and we will see in fact that we are the devil, and created ourselves as we did the devil. 

There's a higher place to go, beyond belief, beyond belief
Where we reach the next plateau, beyond belief, beyond belief
And from faith to faith we grow
Towards the center of the flow
Where He beckons us to go, beyond belief, beyond belief

Leap of faith without a net
Makes us want to hedge our bet
Waters never part until our feet get wet

There's a deeper place to go
Where the road seems hard to hoe
He who has begun this work won't let it go (let it go!)

They were right though, you certainly can't lose your salvation. So what's to fear, really? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost