Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

Are You A Multi-Potentialite?

7 posts in this topic

I swing between my heart/music and my mind/intellectual topics and I cant combine them. Which causes me to distract myself for months with one or the other. 

What about you?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

A bit. I always have this conflict between heart and the mind 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

A bit. I always have this conflict between heart and the mind 

What are your main interests?

@Rilles

I resonate with the multi-potential model. I have a wide range of interests and believe that specialization is partially a product of Stage Orange capitalism. In a more evolved society, people would be more holistic in their approach to life.

The shadow to be aware of here though is lack of commitment. I've fallen into this trap, telling myself "I'm just a holistic thinker" while simultaneously avoiding deep levels commitment. For me, commitment can feel like I'm being suffocated or being squeezed into a role I don't want to be in. The result ends up being a lot of half-finished manifestations.

Watch for this if you resonate with multi-potential people.

@Rilles Yes! And this guy is really intelligent and articulate :) 

I've heard of this concept by the girl from TedTalk and have resonated with it a lot, still it's hard keeping track and filtering out interests that seem to be non-productive. I also agree with @aurum and believe that this is one of the "traps" of capitalism. In order to be effective and start making money relatively quickly, you must focus only on one thing and be consistent at it, which totally goes against the nature of some creative and curious folks, but overall I think this is a positive challenge for us in and of itself..

15 minutes ago, petar8p said:

@Rilles Yes! And this guy is really intelligent and articulate :) 

I've heard of this concept by the girl from TedTalk and have resonated with it a lot, still it's hard keeping track and filtering out interests that seem to be non-productive. I also agree with @aurum and believe that this is one of the "traps" of capitalism. In order to be effective and start making money relatively quickly, you must focus only on one thing and be consistent at it, which totally goes against the nature of some creative and curious folks, but overall I think this is a positive challenge for us in and of itself..

Havent watched the TedTalk! I will make sure to do that! I came across multipotentialite on a blog actually. 

Yep, I felt guilty alot when I havent been focusing on my "thing". I will stop feeling guilty and embrace my vast array of interests!

@RillesI base my life purpose on this. Everything branches out from my core focus. It's the only way. I used to but I don't allow myself to use capacity for distraction as an excuse, instead I use my capacity for distraction which in this instance is divergence as my means for connecting all my actions to my desired core long term result. In life and in work, as our greatest work creates the life we will lead and will be the main universe we look back on when we leave this one in this form.