Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dinkle64

How Biden's win in 2020, is parallel to Trump's in 2016

8 posts in this topic

TO BE CLEAR THIS IS NOT A CONSPIRACY THEORY, THIS IS ONE GUY'S ANALYSIS OF PARALLEL'S I HAVE OBSERVED BETWEEN THE TWO ELECTIONS

So now that that is out of the way, Biden has just won the Presidential election, I won't say I saw it coming from a mile away but I definitely saw it coming from a few dozen meters.  So what does this have to do with the 2016 election and Trump?  Well I'm analyzing two things, I'm analyzing the similarities between the Buildup in the Biden campaign and the Trump Campaign as well as differences and most importantly, I am analyzing the Social reaction between the two campaign's, that last part is huge.  AGAIN, not a conspiracy, but a part of me believes the Biden Campaign's strategy this run was so genius and incorporated many of the things that I'm thinking about after seeing Biden's Victory as President, so without further ado, let's get into it.  I am going to go through is much quicker than this opening paragraph for convenience sake, but if anyone disagrees or has thoughts let's talk about it, I want to have fun with this, I think it's a cool little social analysis exercise.  SO, Let's get into it:

1. The Underdog Effect

In 2016, Hillary Clinton was the one to beat by nature of her broad political experience as well as being a previous First Lady of the United States, Donald Trump in this instance, was framed as the Underdog.  In 2020, Trump has been running the country for 4 years as well as garnered a strong and supportive base the originally carried him to the presidency, Biden is challenging this base as well as challenging the ongoing trend of presidents being reelected to office which had happened with the previous 3 presidents. 

2. Attention detracting ads

Okay this one is a bit harder to understand but in my opinion it is HUGE.  In 2016 Hillary ran multiple ads against Trump which featured him making fun of reporters and carrying on with this jokes and insults in a means to humiliate him, there's just one problem, the ads featured TRUMP, which means more attention going his way whether good or bad.  What I find really interesting, is that in 2020, Trump played the same card that won him the office against himself, when he literally played on the big screen, an entire montage of Joe Biden talking, whether he sounded coherent or not doesn't really matter, even if he only had one good moment that was one good moment and once again, whether negative or positive attention, it is more attention for Biden nonetheless.

3. The Class clown vs. the mean professor, The Scrawny Nerd vs. The big Bully

This one is very similar to the Underdog effect but it goes into a little more detail.  In 2016 everyone expected Hillary Clinton to win not just because of her status in politics but because her experience painted a nice squeaky clean image of her as a fair president.  However, Trump's extreme challenge of the seriousness and gravity of the rest of the "typical stone faced politicians" made him really stand out.  In 2020, Joe Biden was going up against the current trend that President Trump had set up, one of challenge and brashness, however, Biden contrasted this with his soft spoken almost weak demeanor, especially when it comes to all of the jokes about his mental state, in my opinion, actually worked in his favor, as he became the target of the bullying and no one likes the bully.  

4. Catchy Slogan

Obviously in 2016 one of Trump's greatest strengths was his incredible slogan.  It was such a perfect marketing tactic and a rally call to action which contrasted against Hillary's overly complicated campaign strategy which combined an attempt at humiliating her opponent that failed miserably "Love Trumps Hate" and an unclear image of what she was trying to represent.  Now, when thinking of campaign slogans one of the last things you would think of is Joe Biden.  However, although his slogan "Battle for the soul of our nation" doesn't sound too catchy, but every time you read it you hear it in Joe's voice, because he did a great job at slowing it down and putting it into your head with repeated yet slow exposure, in contrast to trump's quick seemingly spur of the moment slogan.  

So that's it, those are my ideas for this, sorry that it's longer than I wanted it to be but I thought that it would be fun to break down the social dynamics (or apparent social dynamics by my weak estimation lol) of the election and what goes on behind it.  Let me know what you think, happy to hear criticism or other feedback, again I mostly made this for fun so please don't take it too seriously haha. 

Nice analysis. 

I think that the next few presidential elections are somewhat going to look like this as well. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

YES

It's so interesting to get into the social analysis because it helps you to be better informed for future events.

deep analysis! ✌? nice! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

i have no idea of U.S politics but i what i consistently see is, states that are on sides of pacific and Atlantic oceans vote for Democrats and states at the coreOR center of U.S vote for republicans, why is that??

Edited by Jhonny

Thank you!

Well California has pretty much always swung in favor of the Democrats for the past 50 years.  As far as why that is or why it started I'm not too sure but I think it could do with the amount of immigration and diversity in those areas as compared to the midwest which is filled with "Deep Americans" as I call them or Americans who have been here for a long time and want to uphold traditional values. 

22 minutes ago, Jhonny said:

i have no idea of U.S politics but i what i consistently see is, states that are on sides of pacific and Atlantic oceans vote for Democrats and states at the coreOR center of U.S vote for republicans, why is that??

States in the northeast and west coast tend to be more even more highly concentrated in cities than the rest of the country, and they are populous. They have a more diverse population whereas almost every person you see in Wyoming for example is white. They have more wealth and are more highly educated, with better schools, etc. than in places like South Dakota or Alabama. There are other factors. When you are in a sparesly populated region of the country, you want to own a gun because it makes you better feel like you own all the land that your eye can see. If you are a big tech high executive in a Silicon Valley firm you are probably to busy to care to go to the firing range to practice to shoot. 

In the particular case of Wyoming, when I visited there it is extremely understandable why people vote Republicans. The issue of "climate" change for example is so ethereal and foreign to them, since the state is just too beautiful already, and they're ignorant to what's happening in other parts of the world because it is so sparse. It is a gorgeous state, just too gorgeous at the moment..

Edited by Talinn

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Nice analysis. 

I think that the next few presidential elections are somewhat going to look like this as well. 

I’m not sure about that. If the current trend holds with hordes of Californians moving to Texas, along with Texas becoming more urbanized in general, it could turn blue by 2028. Once that happens, Republicans are done.