Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Narcissistic Abusive Personalities

188 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

One thing that I observed about narcissists is that they have enormous confidence and that appears very attractive. 

Apart from ginormous confidence whether fake or real, narcissists have a deep wisdom mixed with stupidity. 

Narcissists are a paradox of sorts think of Charles Manson 

In some instances you feel like they have an immense amount of intelligence and wisdom and deep understanding of things yet in other instances you're instantly out off by their obvious ignorance and inability to see their own blindspots, often making you wonder if their intelligence is only a farce. 

I think narcissists have a compartmentalized brain where one compartment s excellent in analyzing and decoding everyday reality and the other compartment is totally vacuous and seemingly oblivious. Maybe narcissists switch between these two compartments frequently causing confusion and causing people to get caught off guard. 

The other thing that I frequently observed with narcissists is that they have a subtle negative nihilistic persona and they seem to enjoy it or at least be relieved by experiencing nihilism. 

Maybe it's a good defense mechanism for their ego. 

However is their behavior good for their ego? 

Is their ego serving them benefits of  keen wisdom? 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Well it's time to take a nap 

A silly mistake that most people make is to assume that just a few traits is enough to make a diagnosis of narcissism. 

Narcissism is a deep psychological condition and often times is only visible to close people like parents/children/siblings and romantic partners. 

There are lots of key factors in diagnosing narcissists. 

You need to see their level of charisma, most narcissists are loved by most people. 

Low grade narcissism is no problem at all because it's harmless. 

It's high grade (think industrial grade) narcissism often called malignant narcissism that's a huge cause of worry. Examples being Trump, Charles Manson etc. There have been well known celebrities  and famous people known for being malignant narcissists. Their narcissism is very visible and almost Incapable of being ignored. Their narcissism is very in your face. 

They literally like to dictate terms of everything all by themselves. It's their way or no way. 

Malignant narcissists often end up becoming cult leaders. 

Often people assume that attention seeking behavior is a sign of narcissism. 

Though attention seeking is only one of the many traits. Some people like attention for various reasons. 

It does not define narcissism entirely. 

@Keyhole Has nothing to do with you. Just saw this on YT and thought was funny for the topic at hand :)

@Keyhole  you're not a narcissist. Not at all. 

I have psychologically profiled you with the limited interaction I had with you. 

These are my findings about you. 

• You're an HSP. That means you are highly sensitive. This is not a problem, it's just your nature. You have to stay away from triggers in a very conscious way. 
  • You have endured great emotional suffering HSP people generally tend to suffer emotionally much more than others because life situations tend to create more emotional suffering in them. Although with time progression and emotional maturity they slowly begin to handle this emotional irregulation and suffering a lot better. 
  • You have deep deprivation of love, care, and companionship which means you were kept deprived of such things. The way you write is an indication that you have suffered a deprivation or deficiency. That means what you deserved wasn't provided to you or given to you. This can be resolved if you do more self care and emotionally independent and be gentle with yourself and give more love to yourself on your own. Such love will be difficult to get in a world where most people are selfish. Again this is not your fault at all, you just did not get what your body and mind deserved and it's because a deficient environment of the world around you. 
  • You need someone who cares about you deeply and gives you enough space to cope and heal. But if you don't find such a person you can still do the same on your own 
  • You don't like being abandoned. So you need the company of either humans or pets. This is just a need and not a problem or flaw 
  • You are very creative and freedom loving 
  • You have deeper needs rather than superficial needs. Such needs can't be easily fulfilled because most people are very superficial 
  • You're the opposite of a narcissist. This means a narcissist can take advantage of you and you will need to keep a watch that they are carefully removed from your life 
  • You just need a lot of soothing and healing and space to grow, with or without therapy. In any case once your healing kicks in, you will begin to feel alright. 
  • Look and research and practice a variety of self healing methods that are best suited to you. 
  • Till your healing doesn't fully happen you will have to be relatively insulated from most triggers by carefully avoiding and ignoring them

@Keyhole Also you're somewhat of an empath. 

But given your HSP, you can't afford to be a deep empath since you will start attracting narcissists, the more empathetic you become the more likely you are to attract them back. Narcissists can smell an empath from miles the way a shark smells a sardine . 

You'll need to control your empathy and limit it to yourself as a self defense and survival mechanism. That is self empathy. 

Case study. Donald Trump. Dr Grande.

Example of extreme narcissism. 

Topics in que 

To be discussed one by one... 

Vulnerable Narcissism. 

Narcissist Bullshitters 

Narcissist Diva behavior 

Narcissist Cold Behavior 

Narcissist Downplaying behavior 

Narcissist control behavior 

Narcissist Firing behavior 

Narcissist Dissatisfaction Behavior 

Narcissist Nihilism 

Narcissist Cultic Behavior 

Narcissistic Depressive behavior 

Narcissistic Depression. 

Narcissistic Sociopathy

Narcissist psychopathy 

Narcissist Lying 

Narcissist Bipolar Disorder. 

Narcissist Borderline behavior 

Pro Social Narcissism. 

Narcissist Variants and Subtypes. 

Narcissist Specific Traits. 

Maladaptive Narcissism

Narcissistic Low Point 

Edited by Preety_India

Narcissists never believe until something actually happens. 

To them anything good is impossible. 

Also talk about narcissistic supply 

Edited by Preety_India

This is how I felt when I left a narcissist. 

He was very pissed. 

One way to test a narcissist is to look for the following feeling 

Confusion 

If you feel confused around a person, most likely they are narcissists. Narcissists tend to behave in ways that leave you feeling very puzzled and confused and looking for answers and closure. 

This is the beginning stage of abuse. You are completely taken aback by their behavior. 

Then they come around and apologize and want to forget the incident that lead to the confusion. 

If I was laughing in the middle of a conversation with Joseph, he would suddenly stare at me very coldly and act offended leaving me feeling very confused and guilty. He wouldn't give me a clue on what pissed him off. The only option was to suffer his reaction but there was no option to discuss what went wrong. Leaving me flustered and confused and sometimes guilty over nothing. They suddenly pull the plug. They don't care to let you know. They simply react and act like a jerk out of nowhere. And you're left clueless and wondering what went wrong. 

Confusion is a litmus test for identifying narcissists.. 

This is the first set of emotions that you can experience when you begin the relationship. 

They give mixed signals. They act like they are not sure what they want. They keep you on eggshells yet they demand every bit of loyalty from you yet on their end they keep you feeling confused and insecure. 

This feeling of confusion is a very lonely foreboding feeling and often times victims feel like they had no other option but to just go with it. 

@Preety_India Yes, feeling of confusion is a good way to desyphe a narc in your surroundings. I also found another good way is by telling someone 'no'. If they don't respect that boundary you're trying to hold for yourself, be sure it's someone  narcidsistic.