Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AminB501

How are you balancing meditation and career?

6 posts in this topic

Since we create our own suffering and meditation makes you aware of it. What should you focus on as it relates to career and lifestyle, living through it with all the sufferings of it, and possibly becoming more unconscious and falling into bad habits because of it? Or should you make meditation a priority and clear your concepts, limiting beliefs, triggers and compulsions while having the intention to move into that direction you want?

I have done 5 hours of self enquiry these last 3 days and many of the usual triggers, which I got them identified and I always write them done, where absent.

I don't mean seeking to awaken before working on your career, you don't need to be enlightened for what im telling. The simple act of disentangling our awareness from the object experience (belief, thought, situation) is really enough, I have lived it.

So what is better to do first?

Career is a great spiritual practice. Learn to be present through meditation, and apply that presence in your career. Not only will you suffer less, but your actions will be higher quality and your thinking will be more creative and intelligent.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Meditate first, it changes everything. There's nothing more important than a clear mind and peaceful heart, let everything you do in your life originate from a clear mind and peaceful heart

5 hours ago, AminB501 said:

and possibly becoming more unconscious and falling into bad habits because of it?

No No!! Brother mine,

Consider your career as part of your Medidation routine as both should go hand in hand (one benefitting the other), where you don't go with the flow of life unconsciously, as you rightly said,

Since we create our own suffering and meditation makes you aware of it.

so just look the answer lies here only, isn't it?

Meditation helps you become aware of yourself-  your thoughts your emotions and the actions guided by complex unconscious thought processes, for you or for anybody Meditation may mean different based on what you want to achieve out of it, but let's suppose in your case you are saying career and lifestyle will make you fall into bad habits, actually the benefit of Meditation will be to not "let go" yourself and fall into any sort of trap or bad habits for that matter, this is whole point of doing the Meditation,

You see both are practices be it Meditation or Career/Lifestyle, one is an inner reflection and the later one is what you reflect out in society through your deeds or behaviour, so my whole spiel is with the help of one (thru Meditation) you can actually make other one (outer reflection) much better, you can come up with decisions that are more mindful leading to lesser "suffering".

make meditation a priority and clear your concepts, limiting beliefs, triggers and compulsions while having the intention to move into that direction you want?

Here it is, make yourself competent enough with the help of mindful activities (in this case Meditation let's say)  to face any challenge come across in your daily life, while having the intention to move into the direction you want.

So what is better to do first?

So I hope you have got your answer as in it's not about doing either of them prior to the other, infact doing both simultaneously making one better with the help of another and further going forward when you'll become adept in doing Meditation you'll be able to scale up your practices for other higher Spiritual purposes without letting your Career/ Lifestyle dislocate from it's own track.

BREATHE. ?

@AminB501 meditation & career is ONE THING

two aspects of the one/single/whole phenomena

like a hurricane

does a hurricane either stay calm in the center or produce high winds at its periphery?

it doesn't do either of those exclusively. hurricane is both CALM at the center and WILD/ALIVE at it's periphery.

life is to be a meditation and action together.

with a clam center, you do whatever needs to be done for action/career.

the activity of meditation is simply to bring more awareness to the already present center within you.

once you are in tune with that center, which is actually the essence of your being, then you remain there as you come back into the world, more alive and total, and fierce - only now, a category Infinite hurricane :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny