Mihajlo Toviovic

Books on how to be a good teacher?

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for a book that would make me a great teacher. Any recommendations?

I'm also looking for these!

I'd recommend Triple Focus by Daniel Goleman.

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Mihajlo Toviovic Energy Leadership is a really good one (coaching book). Also, How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing With People. These aren't necessarily about teaching, but powerful nonetheless.

Eben Pagan's Advanced Learning & Teaching seminar with Wyatt Woodsmall is great. It talks about the limitations of the education system, different types of learners, how you haven't actually learned something unless your behavior is changed, etc.  Very fundamental material.

This guy has some notes on it:

http://mynotetakingnerd.com/blog/personal-improvement-notes-from-eben-pagan-and-wyatt-woodsmalls-advanced-learning-and-teaching-seminar/

There is a book by michael stainer called the advice trap that I enjoyed. Especially the first few chapters. 

Basically, after some serious errors of giving people advice, i learnt that advice is incredibly contextual, and to give advice, requires a deep understanding of someone's situation and dilemma. 

I picked up this book and found it validated my experience and talks about that concept in decent length from the beginning as well as some other great concepts. I know that this guy speaks from experience because this is an insight that I do not hear often, if ever 

He is a practicing life coach