WhatAmI

What's The Female Version Of Leo's Video "how To Be A Man" (advanced Version)

30 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Orange said:

What's an example of non rational?

Reality itself is non-rational. So, rationality is the measuring tool of the human intellect, that's there so we can have an understanding of reality. But there is no actual reality to rationality. It's a framework. So, reality without the lens of rationality applied is the non-rational, as the non-rationality is primary.

Enrollment now open for my Shadow Work Group Class! Limited spots available. 

Click here to learn more!

@Emerald Wilkins oh yes but I meant more in the sense of why is it part of the female archetype and what are concrete examples of it being expressed ? 

Just now, Orange said:

@Emerald Wilkins oh yes but I meant more in the sense of why is it part of the female archetype and what are concrete examples of it being expressed ? 

It's part of the female archetype because it is primary (just as the mother and the womb is primary) and has to do with being. Just in the same way that nature has to do with being and how we call it Mother Nature. Also, the word "matter" derives from the term "mother". So, anything that is primary and foundational is the feminine principle and any specific formation that roots from off of the feminine source is masculine. So, think feminine source and masculine expression of that source. They are two sides to the same coin only the feminine deals with being and the masculine deals with doing. There is a HIndu Goddess Durga who represents this idea. Durga is the source and she is a Goddess, but she has many arms and in each of those arms is the symbol of a male God. 

An expression (which is masculine) of the non-rational (which is feminine) is simply to observe what is without labeling or getting caught up in thought stories. So, meditation is an activity that takes its primary roots in the non-rational. But it's difficult to put your finger on things in the feminine principle, as they are largely internal and not very obvious. It is like water to a fish. So, the non-rational is not really something that is particularly expressed, it is simply what is. It is being.

1 hour ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

It's part of the female archetype because it is primary (just as the mother and the womb is primary) and has to do with being. Just in the same way that nature has to do with being and how we call it Mother Nature. Also, the word "matter" derives from the term "mother". So, anything that is primary and foundational is the feminine principle and any specific formation that roots from off of the feminine source is masculine. So, think feminine source and masculine expression of that source. They are two sides to the same coin only the feminine deals with being and the masculine deals with doing. There is a HIndu Goddess Durga who represents this idea. Durga is the source and she is a Goddess, but she has many arms and in each of those arms is the symbol of a male God. 

An expression (which is masculine) of the non-rational (which is feminine) is simply to observe what is without labeling or getting caught up in thought stories. So, meditation is an activity that takes its primary roots in the non-rational. But it's difficult to put your finger on things in the feminine principle, as they are largely internal and not very obvious. It is like water to a fish. So, the non-rational is not really something that is particularly expressed, it is simply what is. It is being.

Ok. thanks for the nice description :)

@Emerald Wilkins But why create the masculine-feminine dichotomy in the first place?

Even the conceptions of being vs doing, non-rational vs rational are to be transcended. Are we not being while we do? Is it not possible to use rational thought without being taken in by it?

There are no dichotomies in the real world, they are all products of the conceptualising mind.

2 hours ago, Mat Pav said:

@Emerald Wilkins But why create the masculine-feminine dichotomy in the first place?

Even the conceptions of being vs doing, non-rational vs rational are to be transcended. Are we not being while we do? Is it not possible to use rational thought without being taken in by it?

There are no dichotomies in the real world, they are all products of the conceptualising mind.

Yes precisely. Masculinity and Femininity are both relative truths that stem from the illusion of duality. They are really just metaphors that help us categorize things, and a noticing that complementary forces go into each system and cycles. So, with regard to creating something the creative aspect is feminine and productive aspect is masculine, so it can be done by people of both genders. Everyone both is and does, and you can't be without either.  However, from the non-dual perspective all is one thing, so it too is a false dichotomy. 

@popi @Leo Gura

On 8/28/2016 at 8:01 PM, Leo Gura said:

Farting!

You know you ladies do it! ;)

Leo!!! I have no idea what you are talking about!  Girls Don't FART!!!! LMAO!

On 8/28/2016 at 9:29 PM, Leo Gura said:

I used to have a girlfriend who was afraid to take a shit at my house because it wasn't lady-like. And while I appreciate that personally, it probably wasn't too comfortable for her, and certainly not authentic.

https://www.poopourri.com/

She should have used poo-pourri..... ;) Tis the season to smell Jolly! lol

But seriously though this is a problem for people, especially women and it's very unfortunate. I used to be one of those ladies, and I totally get it!  The pain and agony of holding it in...not good, and certainly not healthy.  I'm sorry to hear your ex went through that.

On 8/29/2016 at 0:14 AM, popi said:

Omg Leo that sounds veeery  nerdy hahaahahahaHhHHH

There is a child behind that man.

@popi   I think I'm worse than he is..... ha ha ha.  Life is too short.  I can't live my life trying to impress other people.  I have to embrace and love all of me, even the weird and the dorky stuff! lol  

Female version - "Get in the kitchen and make my dinner!"

LOL I'm playing, I'm playing. :)