Shunyata

What is the ultimate way to beat laziness?

37 posts in this topic

How to motivate myself . What re your tips. Any comments will be much appreciated.  

Stay cool & dry.

Vision.

Followed by Just do it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

How to motivate myself . What re your tips. Any comments will be much appreciated.  

Like Leo said, Strong purpose filled with Love!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Lets start by out by outlining what laziness is. It just comes from you trying to save energy.  Laziness isn't bad, imagine the opposite if you put in 100% of your energies into everything. 

The problem is when this energy saving mechanism is applied to the wrong things or its short sighted and then you have to end up using even more energy to do that thing in future if you also include all the stress involved. 

Here is the key the trick the things you really value I am sure you have no issues putting your energies into it. Consider this that for some people if you asked them to sit down relax and play video games (not saying you are a gamer or whatever) this would be work for them why because they don't value relaxing or video games (I am also not saying that is healthy not valuing relaxing) but just consider and think for a moment that whatever activity you are being lazy in is not universal.

You say you are lazy I say good you know how to relax, the trick is being able to focus your energies on the thing(s) you need to do. I would just focus on 1 activity at a time. Your not going to be able to magically change your life and just have great energy management skills over night. 

Whatever that 1 thing is that you are lazy in, the trick is to find the value in it so that you REALLY do value that thing. And if there is no value in doing that thing then why the hell are you doing it? When you can find the value in doing it the motivation will come. And by finding the value I don't mean tricking yourself into valuing that thing. Link that thing to your vision of what you want in the future or the present there is value there. Also don't use fear based motivation like if i don't do this now then it will cost me in the future or there will be consequences in the future. 

When you really do value something that little child inside of you that scream but it will cost me energy wheehhh I dont want to do it. Will go away it will still be there on the bad days but much less. 

Edited by RichnNL

what if i'd say i'm lazy and passive in curbing my ego mind

Stay cool & dry.

my university assignments are so freaking boring but i need to do them to get the stipend and buy some normal healthy food. i didn't even want to specialize in my field - digital forensics in some ordinary university. but because i was compalcent in high school that's the only way, my parents are not rich, (but I'm wise enough to understand that complaining won't do shit) I want to be able to help people and i believe that is my mission, just like in many people here, is to gain higher consciousness and beat the devil that is me rn.

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

Just to be clear your goal is to curb your ego? And you are concerned over your laziness?

the thing is that i don't have a clear life purpose. but i still have it - the kingdom of heaven on Earth. and that i is the self combined with the great luminous self. I want to carry my own cross to Calvary and fully surrender to the message of great artists, which they paid for with their lives. I just don't want to waste away my youth! i don't want to feel the regret of it. @RichnNL when you advise not to motivate with negative feelings, I tend to disagree. Imagine the pain you would feel if you're going to realize that your entire life was wasted on unneccesary, temporary things. All of your youth energy could have been directed towards bettering the world, but it wasn;t. I'm going to turn 17 soon and I have still haven't had any mystical experience, nor do I help people in any way.

I thought first that the only way I could help people was to become financially independent and give money to charity, but after listening to Shinyamurti's teachings I now understand that soon the only way you could be of service is by being that self-realized being, completely unqualified sat yogi, the godself giving service to its people - serenity, healing etc.

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

i know a girl who had her life purpose figured out when she was around 14 y.o, her mission in life was to become a shaman after going through some intese horrible illnesses, suffering, near-death experiences and so on, she fulfilled it by becoming a true white magician, she offered blessings to the world until she died - at 18. but her life was so productive, fulfilling and honorable. she was a truly an ideal person with a great sense of humor. too sad people like this die too early. with her life she proved the existence of the paranormal. We all have to strive to be more like her. life purpose formulated AT 14, CARL!!! she earned her salvation through fear and trembling. 

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

Leo's reply + asking yourself why are you lazy + developing passion and love in your life + developing emotional mastery and discipline.

14 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

the thing is that i don't have a clear life purpose. but i still have it - the kingdom of heaven on Earth. and that i is the self combined with the great luminous self. I want to carry my own cross to Calvary and fully surrender to the message of great artists, which they paid for with their lives. I just don't want to waste away my youth! i don't want to feel the regret of it. @RichnNL when you advise not to motivate with negative feelings, I tend to disagree. Imagine the pain you would feel if you're going to realize that your entire life was wasted on unneccesary, temporary things. All of your youth energy could have been directed towards bettering the world, but it wasn;t. I'm going to turn 17 soon and I have still haven't had any mystical experience, nor do I help people in any way.

I thought first that the only way I could help people was to become financially independent and give money to charity, but after listening to Shinyamurti's teachings I now understand that soon the only way you could be of service is by being that self-realized being, completely unqualified sat yogi, the godself giving service to its people - serenity, healing etc.

You seem well beyond your years at 17 and that's great that you want to do these things. 

I am not gonna debate you on whether being motivated to achieve or motivation through fear is better you will figure that out for yourself. 

If you really do understand these teachings then you also know that it is a very slow process and it will just happen to you, in order to really help people you have to understand a lot, like what Leo says about systems, you can be finally independent, you could be self-realized and yet not understand systems and not really end up helping people because of your lack of understanding in the complex human world and the systems we live by. This will take you a really long time. You also sound really impatient could that be the case? 

Because guess what even if you are a self-actualized 18 year old most people will not respect you simply because of your age. 

26 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

Chill out, dude :)

Instead of thinking helping people, start helping yourself.

You cannot help others, if you don't first are in the conditions to help them.

Start by buying and following Leo's LP course, if you have the chance.

Otherwise (or in addiction to it) just stick around in his YT channel and watch and contemplate his videos.

He made many good videos about Life Purpose, Vision and such :)

Start meditating every day without cheat days min 20 minutes.

Start journaling. Write what comes up in your mind: ideas, intuition, mind patterns you saw in yourself and others.

Stop feeling yourself in a haste. You are 17. You don't need this pressure.

Stop comparing to others. You are you and you have your life situation.

That girl is that girl and she was her and she had a different life situation.

Think ONLY about what YOU want to do in your life and what YOU find good in YOUR point of view.

There is no moral and no judgment.

Nobody will come to you and tell you what to do and not to do.

It's your life and you can do everything you want.

Edited by Vittorio

35 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

my university assignments are so freaking boring but i need to do them to get the stipend and buy some normal healthy food. i didn't even want to specialize in my field - digital forensics in some ordinary university. but because i was compalcent in high school that's the only way, my parents are not rich, (but I'm wise enough to understand that complaining won't do shit) I want to be able to help people and i believe that is my mission, just like in many people here, is to gain higher consciousness and beat the devil that is me rn.

Are you sure you are studying for the right degree? If not may be you should consider switching before it's too late.

@Vittorio tysm for your great advice!:x

@RichnNL i'm not sure whether or not i want to pursue my studies, my dad thinks it is a great degree. I also think it is kind of prestigious but I don't like the law enforcement part of it. My first years in uni are introductory, having lessons such as history, physics and some prefatory coursses in infosec. My university is not that prestigious and that's why I'm worried about landing my future job. I could pass exams again and try to apply to other universities but i i'm too scared because I'm struggling here already haha. Learning calculus is hard. I'm worried about my finals coming up in December.

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

9 minutes ago, Vittorio said:

Instead of thinking helping people, start helping yourself.

You cannot help others, if you don't first are in the conditions to help them.

Start by buying and following Leo's LP course, if you have the chance.

Otherwise (or in addiction to it) just stick around in his YT channel and watch and contemplate his videos.

He made many good videos about Life Purpose, Vision and such :)

Start meditating every day without cheat days min 20 minutes.

Start journaling. Write what comes up in your mind: ideas, intuition, mind patterns you saw in yourself and others.

Stop feeling yourself in a haste. You are 17. You don't need this pressure.

Stop comparing to others. You are you and you have your life situation.

That girl is that girl and she was her and she had a different life situation.

Think ONLY about what YOU want to do in your life and what YOU find good in YOUR point of view.

Exactly!

@Vittorio

10 minutes ago, Vittorio said:

there is a judgement in the end, and no excuses will be accepted. and if you think there is no such judgement, you may have a rude shock ahead. we can choose to be lower than beasts or higher than angels. the truth is that God, or the self, or the supreme father or mother is calling all of us to change our direction.

Stay cool & dry.

@Vittorio of course rome wasn't built in a day. I will take that part of your advice/

Stay cool & dry.

4 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

@Vittorio tysm for your great advice!:x

@RichnNL i'm not sure whether or not i want to pursue my studies, my dad thinks it is a great degree. I also think it is kind of prestigious but I don't like the law enforcement part of it. My first years in uni are introductory, having lessons such as history, physics and some prefatory coursses in infosec. My university is not that prestigious and that's why I'm worried about landing my future job. I could pass exams again and try to apply to other universities but i i'm too scared because I'm struggling here already haha. Learning calculus is hard. I'm worried about my finals coming up in December.

Could you be in the trap where you are putting in so much of your energies into just getting by in your degree that you not even sure if you should continue with them. 

That is not good that you do not like the law enforcement part of it. You should also explore why.

If your dad thinks its a great degree that is good that is 1 opinion also consider the practical things like what it will be like in that career the daily routines of the job, the bullshit politics you will have to deal with, also how many jobs are available etc. And Also your own feelings about the degree, also your feelings might trick you because calculus is hard and your mind is always looking for the easy path.