Mvrs

Colors

8 posts in this topic

How do we know that we all see the same thing? This is infinity so maybe not. We cannot prove that we do what I see a green tree as might be a completely different color to you but we both say green . I’ve thought about this since I was a little kid 

The color green is not something you see. It exists by itself, as a perception happening to empty space itself.

You’ve never seen color, color just is by itself. In empty space.

It is green that's why. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Mvrs said:

what I see a green tree as might be a completely different color to you but we both say green

It's worse than you think.

You're imagining others, period.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's worse than you think.

You're imagining others, period.

I am imagining myself as well @Leo Gura

Edited by Mvrs

6 hours ago, justfortoday said:

The color green is not something you see. It exists by itself,

That’s how I saw colors my whole life until I went to University. They told me that colors are photons that travel into the optic nerves, rods/cones, and then the visual cortex in brain to be perceived as colors.

How did you come to the realization that colors are Being and not perceived. I get it conceptually, but I need to recontexualize my experience.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

11 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

That’s how I saw colors my whole life until I went to University. They told me that colors are photons that travel into the optic nerves, rods/cones, and then the visual cortex in brain to be perceived as colors.

How did you come to the realization that colors are Being and not perceived. I get it conceptually, but I need to recontexualize my experience.

That’s called Materialist brainwashing - in your direct experience do you see photons, optic nerves, rods / cones, a brain?

Your experience as reality is direct. Without any intermediaries. You and the color green are the same being through two forms. These forms or colors are appearing in you.

4 hours ago, justfortoday said:

in your direct experience do you see photons, optic nerves, rods / cones, a brain?

Yeah that's literally just a story you're imagining every time you see the color green. It's not even in your experience, it's in your imagination. You're not gonna know the color green better than directly experiencing it.

To answer the initial question though, it's not possible to confirm everyone sees the same color. This is a pretty famous problem.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️