Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vizual

Weird thing about our society

8 posts in this topic

You know what's weird? 

If someone has a physical illness. Let's say cancer, heart disease, motor-neuron disease. Something like that. People will shower that person will love, everyone will show him sympathy and wish him the best. Everyone will show how much they care.

At least, that's good, that's how it should be. There are a lot of decent people out there that care about their fellow men.

The weird thing is when someone has a mental illness. Clinical depression, bi-polar, schizophrenia etc. People will call that person a weirdo, a pussy, a poser, a loon etc. And he can basically fuck off to the nuthouse.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but I have literally seen these reactions a lot. Both in the media as in my own personal life. I think the awareness and sympathy is growing a bit in the mainstream media. But in real life, I see no such thing. And it saddens me because clinical depression can actually be worse than cancer and heart-disease.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

We have ha screwed up society.

For example, today was an elimination race for the NASCAR Cup series.  A 27 year old driver named Alex Bowman said that he was feeling unwell when a driver that he needed to beat was leading, effectively knocking him out at the time.  It was clear that he had anxiety and Dale Jr who is one of the commentators and used to work with him confirmed it.  Most people thought it was cool how he was open with it.

But apparently a reporter decided to created a hashtag #

#AnxietyAlex multiple times on Twitter.  Good news is that a lot of people (including drivers$ called him out on it.

I believe people can accept physical illness because it feels out of their control.  For some reason if someone has a mental health issue they believe that something is wrong with them.  99.99% of people have had some kind of mental health issue.

IMG_0209.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

It is very true that mental health is stigmatized in society.

Plot twist: Donald Trump has a personality disorder and most of us have spoken harshly of him. What to do?

It's the most vulnerable that need the most help. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

To ask a similar question.  
Isn’t it weird that we show love to some weaknesses while we look down on others?

It’s a persons choice to accept or reject. We all judge others for what we perceive as lesser, and it has to be that way so we can grow into something stronger, something better. That’s what Survival is all about.

But sometimes we also judge out of ignorance and misconceptions. When a person has never experienced someone with Suicidal thoughts it can seem very foreign and strange. But with awareness and care, and with an open heart, they can change and accept something that before seemed so radical. I think beings who judge others because of any weakness are unfortunately beings I don’t want to be around. If it hurts you, don’t let them in, and distance yourself from them. I’ve let go of many closed hearts.

But about the Anxiety Alex thing.... (Just boys talking Sports)

Its okay to judge a professional Race Car Driver for losing the race because you will never win a race with someone like that. And if you don’t continue to criticize and judge in a constructive way, someone else will, and they will improve and be number 1. The hashtag of course is in bad taste, but come on, unless it was a hard panic attack I’d give him shit to. But that’s what happens when your in the public eye and competing at the Top World Level. Alex slipped, and he now has to prove himself. 
I mean what’s next, benching the Team cause they depressed? 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@Chakra Lion I do want to note that Alex ended up with a strong finish and that other guy did not win.  So Alex made the cut.  Btw, that other guy is Kyle Busch, the defending series champion with two championships and 56 wins to Alex’s 2 wins and best finish of 12th in points.  Anxiety Alex did okay after all.  

Sports are such a cruel industry.

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

I think it comes from the underlying belief that people should be able to control their thoughts and emotions easily. Phrases like ' think positively' or 'çheer up, stop being gloomy all the time' gives a hint that this may be the unfortunate case.