Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuckerwphotography

Do other people exist?

8 posts in this topic

Yesterday while on a psilocybin journey I was looking at my sister and could not tell if she actually existed as a conscious being in the Dream that I AM, or if she is just an optical illusion that my Dream character is projecting onto the illusion of "reality." Is my conceptual assumption that she is a conscious being with thoughts, emotions and unique individual experiences a "real" part of the Dream, or are all those assumptions just concepts arising in Awareness, and she is actually just an illusion that will disappear when I return to infinite consciousness, aka once my Dream character dies?

I think that's the million dollar question...the funny thing is only you can only answer it.. because why would you believe a dream character...

Well, I'm thinking the same about you haha. Are you real or you are going to dissapear when my mind turns off? I think it doesn't matter. There are concepts that could help you to dissolve the power of the boundaries of the mind, but at the end...it's the same. think all of us exist like an impossible of understand performance, and for each one of us , the others are only dreams...but who knows

Edited by Breakingthewall

16 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

Yesterday while on a psilocybin journey I was looking at my sister and could not tell if she actually existed as a conscious being in the Dream that I AM, or if she is just an optical illusion that my Dream character is projecting onto the illusion of "reality." Is my conceptual assumption that she is a conscious being with thoughts, emotions and unique individual experiences a "real" part of the Dream, or are all those assumptions just concepts arising in Awareness, and she is actually just an illusion that will disappear when I return to infinite consciousness, aka once my Dream character dies?

Infinity is hallucinating you hallucinating everything including your sister. 

Of course Infinity is also hallucinating your sister hallucinating you.

2 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Infinity is hallucinating you hallucinating everything including your sister. 

Of course Infinity is also hallucinating your sister hallucinating you.

Thanks, yeah, this is how it seemed at the time, and it's what resonates now as well.

6 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

@tuckerwphotography it's quite simple really, your sister exists. Who cares if she's a dream character? Does it matter?

@LastThursday Because it's fascinating to contemplate, that's why! Obviously I'm not going to start treating my sister as if she's not real. I just find it super interesting to deconstruct my mind and the Dream that this is :) 

We have dozens of threads on this question. Go search for them. There is nothing new to say. It's all been said.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.