electroBeam

Has Anyone Else Noticed This?

7 posts in this topic

Since meditating, have any of you noticed that you are doing things much more slowly than you normally would? I mean do you guys walk around and have you noticed that your decision making is much more slow? For example when you are going to the supermarket, you select things to buy much more slowly? 

And have you noticed that your head is much more decluttered that what it normally was?

And this is hard to describe, but do you feel more submerged in your head? Like you are submereged into reality more? A really weird slight fading of that screen that barricades you from the 'real world'?

If so, I have too, and because I come from a type of Personal Development that is neurotic(Tai Lopez, Eric Thomas, Les Brown, Tony Robins) I see this effect(guessing its from meditation have no idea what else causes it) as a negative, because I am really struggling to fit in all of the goals and tasks I've set for myself. And also, I love the feeling of being submerged into reality, feels a little like floating, but its really distracting me from achieving all of my goals, because I'm too busy observing and in a way being reality. 

If you guys have been through this, do you mind telling me how you keep productive? And if this effect is actually an ego trap maybe? And how to avoid it?

If you haven't please help me anyway. :D 

I am really lost on answers with this one because there are not books or articles of this problem on the internet. Its a meditation sort of problem. 

Happend to me too.  But for me it is actually a "positive" slow. Because now I feel that I can manage a very busy day at work from a calm and grounded position.  Every step that I take is now from a calm place,  clean from judgment,  pain,  prussure or useless thoghts and I less emotionall triggerd from problems and events. As a result,  my day become so fucking productive.  Moreover,  the quality of  my work and my dececions is much higher!

@Wormon Blatburm Lol, I don't wanna be a tree!!!! nnnnnoooooooooowwwwwwww

@ShaharA Wow that's awesome!!! I want to be in that place. I'm experiencing something negative though, I got especially alarmed when I realized I spent 7 minutes in a shopping ile today just to buy a pair of scissors. Like with no thoughts hurrying me up. How does it help your productivity? Are you experiencing any like slowness? Mainly because there are no thoughts pushing you to hurry the hell up with activities?

Not particularly cool when you're frantically running two businesses, and trying to achieve HDs in all of your subjects. 

Maybe it's because we are really exhausted from non stop action and incessant thinking.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

21 hours ago, electroBeam said:

And if this effect is actually an ego trap maybe? And how to avoid it?

Just maintain your meditation but don't get so attached with the experience(expanded state) , always remember the Truth , what are you without all the experiences.

14 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Not particularly cool when you're frantically running two businesses, and trying to achieve HDs in all of your subjects. 

It sounds like you're very attached to success. If happiness and fulfilment are your goals, my suggestion would be to slow right down. 

Leo has a great video on this topic, it helped my our a lot;