Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichnNL

Shocked by negative response of Leo's conspiracy theory video

7 posts in this topic

Another post already has said great work with the conspiracy video. 

I have to admit I was really shocked especially by actualized followers I am not 100% sure but this video seems to have one of the largest dislikes to likes ratio. If you read through the comment section you will see people are not really understanding the message or have not even watched the video but are already using arguments like Leo is a hypocrite etc. 

So lets have some constructive criticism for Leo then since obviously the message was not as well received as his other videos or hit people's defensive mechanisms too much. 

I think that in the beginning Leo kind of made fun of conspiracy theorist which already turned them off some people to what he was saying and instead they were just listen to the video for flaws instead of picking out the golden nuggets and wisdom in the video.  

I love your videos, but it’s clear your own personal biases and ego have coloured this entire video. The blanket statement “all conspiracy theories are stupid” and that people who believe them are stupid, is completely false. Many things in the past that were once considered conspiracy theories decades later were proven true. We live in a time where skepticism is more important than ever. We are lied to by the media, our politicians and others. Use this as constructive criticism and check your ego. It ran this video.

-Matthew Santoro

Since Leo got mega enlighted he thinks he is mega mind and knows everything.

7 minutes ago, Name said:

Since Leo got mega enlighted he thinks he is mega mind and knows everything.

Maybe he does think he knows everything I don't know the guy. But also consider that this is language problem, this is just a guess but I think what is going is you are taking his words too literary.

46 minutes ago, Name said:

I love your videos, but it’s clear your own personal biases and ego have coloured this entire video. The blanket statement “all conspiracy theories are stupid” and that people who believe them are stupid, is completely false. Many things in the past that were once considered conspiracy theories decades later were proven true. We live in a time where skepticism is more important than ever. We are lied to by the media, our politicians and others. Use this as constructive criticism and check your ego. It ran this video.

-Matthew Santoro

if Leo really is very mature and developed then he doesn't mean this from an absolute sense nor does he mean it in the degrading sense. Leo is doing his best to describe some extremely abstract concepts and its important to look at the big picture of what he is saying because lots of the things he says I am sure mean something very different in your own mind and the associations are different. Even the word stupid I am sure that the word stupid means something completely different to you than it does to Leo. 

I just observe and document the cognitive biases of this object we've called "people".

Remember, its just an identity (this object we've called "people") we've created about a moving film in front of our minds and and eyes, most peoples capabilities as it concerns rotating this rubric's cube is extremely low resolution. 

Take a step back, observe the planet from afar, zoom in real close, back and fourth, back and fourth from different positions. 

If you're aware of other people's cognitive biases, you're not going to get far communicating with them about it, even if they're highly developed. I'm mostly referring to the audience in a multitude of ways, not just in relation to the comments section (even in what responses have been shared here). I don't even know who Leo is, I don't even know who I am, I just observe the patterns (inner<->outer), document and have fun trying to make progress. 

The moment you say you're something you have to immediately question the possibility you're experiencing confirmation bias, among potentially hundreds of other biases and more. The same goes for any assertion. 

Imagine how far people would progress if they followed this technique in relation to how they interacted with the perceptions they have of others rather than creating an abstract identity and talking about it as if its this solid thing that can be shifted from A to B as easy as turning the ignition on and re-parking a car. 

That does not work in the real world, people do not work like that. This comes down to social intelligence, that is, using the kind of highest introspective one utilises in self observation and then transposing those sensibilities in relation to how they view the social environment and then incrementally improving their social perceptions from there, and in turn, the nature of their own species.

Edited by Origins

I dont think you should take the likes to dislikes ratio as people not understanding it or Leo being too harsh in his criticism. The fact is if you criticise the strongly held beliefs of people, they will not like it, bottom line. Try making a video criticising the bible or the quron and you'll be lucky to only get dislikes. 

Mick West who is a popular debunker appeared on Rogan and got about 25% dislikes on the video, he's not rude, doesnt look down on people, is actually quite compassionate, but just presents facts, he's hated amongst conspircay theories. 

This is what insulates the belief mindset so much, any criticism is an attack, therefore it can never truly be questioned. Regarding the video, Leo would've expected the backlash so I dont think there's anything he could've or should've done differently. If you believe conspiracies then that vid is well needed medicine, obviously no one enjoys bitter tasting medicine 

3 hours ago, Name said:

-Matthew Santoro

Wasn't Matthew Santoro the guy who got accused of stealing top 10 video ideas or facts in exact order?