Meditationdude

EMF in Electric Vehicles Dangerous?

19 posts in this topic

I have a fully electric car and a friend who has the same one said she was recently tested (hair test) for radiation levels (not sure why) but they came back very high. She has an EMF reader and she went around her whole house looking for a strong source. The car was astronomically higher than anything else she checked. 

My question: is this dangerous? 

1 hour ago, Meditationdude said:

I have a fully electric car and a friend who has the same one said she was recently tested (hair test) for radiation levels (not sure why) but they came back very high. She has an EMF reader and she went around her whole house looking for a strong source. The car was astronomically higher than anything else she checked. 

My question: is this dangerous? 

A powerful electric motor like in an electric car will have a magnetic field, but it won't be generating dangerous radiation. The radiation that you need to worry about is in the very high frequency range, above the visible light spectrum, so UV and upwards: UV, x-rays, gamma rays and so on. These kinds of high-frequency radiation can interact with and disrupt DNA, which is what makes them dangerous and able to trigger cancer causing mutations.

The magnetic field surrounding an electric motor that's running is oscillating at the opposite end of the spectrum - very low frequency, much much lower than visible light or infra-red. These frequencies don't interact with the human body in any way. You can probably find some people out there claiming it does, but these claims are dubious and not grounded in science. The field will be strong so it makes sense that an EMF checker would pick that up, it ought to be stronger than anything in her house because it's a very powerful magnet in there.

What kind of hair test did you friend get? I believe hair tests are testing for radioactive isotopes like uranium, which would be unaffected by the magnetic fields in an electric car. 

The thing that makes radioisotopes like uranium, radon, plutonium dangerous is that these radioactive particles emit radiation as they decay. That means if you get them in your body, they will sit there and emit cancer-causing high frequency radiation. Again, this has nothing to do with electric motors.

If electric motors in cars were dangerous, we'd know it by now. Diesel-electric trains (normal trains) have gigantic electric motors, 10-100 times as powerful as an electric car, with a correspondingly more powerful magnetic field. Train drivers have been working in these fields for many decades now. Industrial power plants, hydroelectric dams and so on also have huge EMF fields much more powerful than an electric car.

tldr; don't worry about your electric car, it's not making dangerous radiation. It's helping the planet.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish thank you very much for the reply this helped clarify things ?? I will pass on this info to her as well. 

Edited by Meditationdude

Not sure about electric cars but read this, EMFs are more dangerous than we think, it’s helped me plan a lot for what I’ll do for when I buy my own apartment- 

7315DEB1-1D75-44B2-ACCA-FA38AF7AAF49.png

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Just remember, if you're concerned with low frequency EMF, the best defence is the tinfoil hat. It functions as a faraday cage, protecting your cerebral tissue from magnetic fields.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish you know your stuff!

I am so unclear on this topic. How about Bluetooth headphones and Wifis? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

The simple answer is that ionising radiation is bad. X rays and such that damage cells at the atomic scale. Other radiation cannot cause harm in that way.

Probably not as bad as the fumes from a gas car.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

44 minutes ago, No Self said:

The simple answer is that ionising radiation is bad. X rays and such that damage cells at the atomic scale. Other radiation cannot cause harm in that way.

You know I'm just not sure if that is convincing enough. Yes, absolutely ionising radiation nukes your cells but how about exposures to small levels of other types of radiation for decades 24 hours a day? That's gotta leave an impact. I wonder if this plays any role in the increase of thinks like fibromyalgia, headaches etc when people's mitochondria are progressively more impacted and degenerated. We all have a limited amount of cellular replications, once telomeres reach their smallest length, that's it, no more repairs -> you lose tissue structural integrity, scar tissue is formed and shitload of oxidative damage created. With cells now being unable to produce substrates for glutathione, your cellular damage exceeds body's capability to self-repair and over years you are getting more and more f-ed and health declines. 

Hopefully one day there'll be long-term studies monitoring this. Maybe we just don't have the data that would tell us otherwise yet. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

You know I'm just not sure if that is convincing enough. Yes, absolutely ionising radiation nukes your cells but how about exposures to small levels of other types of radiation for decades 24 hours a day? That's gotta leave an impact. I wonder if this plays any role in the increase of thinks like fibromyalgia, headaches etc when people's mitochondria are progressively more impacted and degenerated. We all have a limited amount of cellular replications, once telomeres reach their smallest length, that's it, some cells like neurons cannot repair themselves. ....

Hopefully one day there'll be long-term studies monitoring this. Maybe we just don't have the data that would tell us otherwise yet. 

I have heard anecdotal claims of people who say they are affected by low-level radiation. Usually it is hypochondria. Someone told a story about his mother claiming she was affected by Wi-Fi, so they had to turn it off every night so she could sleep. Problem was, they only pretended to turn it off and of course she never noticed!

Compared to 100 years ago, the average person is bombarded with unimaginably high quantities of radio, microwave and other EMR. And people are living longer than ever before.

1 minute ago, No Self said:

And people are living longer than ever before.

that's true but this is mainly because statistically speaking we have eradicated or learned how to deal with the majority of infectious diseases (e.g. tuberculosis or pneumonia) that would have been decimating hundreds of thousands of people 100 years ago. Also, newborn mortality has never been lower due to development in obstetric care and emergency medicine during labour. This will skew your overall mortality data. 

We may not necessarily be living longer than our grandparents and we are definitely not living better or healthie. Every disease imaginable is on the rise. Ask your grandma or grandpa how many girls in their classes suffered from hypothyroidism or MS or have a case of cancer in the family, The answer would have been 1 or 2. Now? third of the class will have thyroid disease of some sort and another 20% be undiagnosed or borderline. 

Is this caused by mostly food and lifestyle? Yes probably but could there be an impact of other things, like the fact that at any moment you are bombarded by 20 wifis? maybe but I don't know, guess we'll see in years to come as data accumulate. 

Some of the increases in instances of conditions is caused by superior testing and diagnostic methodology. It means that in the old days, people would have no idea what was wrong with them.

Food and lifestyle is a huge factor in health. I would leave it at that. Worrying about things like Wi-Fi actually weakens the immune system compared to not worrying, due to activating the sympathetic nervous system. Fear is man's worst enemy.

1 hour ago, No Self said:

Fear is man's worst enemy.

won't argue with that 

@Michael569 Check out Mercola’s book. 

He goes into detail how the Wireless tech industry has become the Tobacco Industry 2.0 & he isn’t anti-tech, he’s just a health nut & offers solutions to minimise your exposure, imo your intuition is certainly into something, my investigation started with this article- 

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/lifestyle-articles/emf/

You also missed out on things like ADD, autism, chronic fatigue, even bipolar in young people has skyrocketed. 

Like you said there’s numerous factors at play, but I certainly wouldn’t say EMFs are harm-free, 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

You also missed out on things like ADD, autism, chronic fatigue, even bipolar in young people has skyrocketed. 

Autism and ADD as distinct syndromes have only existed for a few decades. Blaming them on Wi-fi is preposterous.

Joseph Mercola is another rogue 'professional' and anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorist who sells dodgy products using scare tactics. This is not content that we should promote.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090706135749/http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/may2006/sb20060523_063274.htm

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/ct-met-fda-warns-mercola-20110425-story.html

@No Self I never once blamed them solely on WiFi, I’m just saying EMFs should certainly not be written off. 

Yes, I’ve heard the many stories against Mercola, it’s easy to find articles like that on anyone, I also am all for people questioning the narratives on things like Vaccines. 

Why not read / listen to the book then we can have a discussion about it, and the science presented within it? 

5 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Why not read / listen to the book then we can have a discussion about it, and the science presented within it? 

In all honesty, I'm not the right person for that discussion. I am strongly averse to what I consider manipulative pseudo-science, as people close to me have gone down horrible rabbit holes and relationships have been ruined.

Here in Australia, anti-5G conspiracy theorists have committed terrorist attacks because they read on Facebook that mobile phone towers cause Corona Virus. I hope that these people are put in jail where they belong.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-22/cranbourne-west-tower-fire-investigation/12277080

...and the US

https://abcnews.go.com/US/feds-warn-attacks-related-bogus-covid-19-conspiracy/story?id=70721145

...and the UK

https://abcnews.go.com/International/american-officials-alarmed-arson-attacks-uk-cell-towers/story?id=70286091

@No Self I understand mate. 

I wrote this on Mouthy Buddha's 5G scare video a year ago:

Knowledge is good, fear is not. Sure, do what you can to avoid it, but don't spend your time worrying about it. Fear, worry, and stress are the biggest killers. Be aware of the power that belief has on the psyche. Be especially catious with attributing the cause of physiological symptoms to an invisible source, because your mind is very tricky and it should never be underestimated. Remember, the placebo effect has been proven time and time again to be able to cause real physiological changes. Merely thinking that there is an omnious, dark force that is constantly affecting you WILL have a real detrimental impact on your life. If Buddha had anything to say about this, it would be this.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.