Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiral Wizard

how to get Drive / Fire / Hunger back?

12 posts in this topic

Have you ever lost your drive/fire/hunger or maybe even passion for your purpose/vision/work?

How did you gain it back?

I am not excited about building my business anymore even though this is a necessary stepping stone for my vision and life purpose which is the most important thing for me... Do I just need to stop being such a pussy, man up, and create momentum until motivation kicks back in again (good old discipline)?

After getting deep into self-actualization I demonized SD stage orange (where I came from). I did not just demonize the toxic aspects but also the healthy ones like work ethic/discipline/etc. I threw out the baby with the bathwater, which created a big shadow. 

Now, after one year, I kind of integrated stage orange and slowly gained back some of my drive/fire/hunger (it is not at 100% again). 

Edited by Spiral Wizard

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

What's bothering you, man? Can you mentally locate the source? Perhaps its about some mundane process. Maybe about the authenticity of the life purpose. Or maybe you are burned out because you feel cheated out of results. Not enough impact. Feel into your body. What does it have to say? 

Are you clear on your ultimate vision? What is your greatest contribution to humanity? Are you clear on your values?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Did you overwork/overtrain a lot in the past? I experienced something similiar and havent found a 100% solution yet either.

43 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

What's bothering you, man? Can you mentally locate the source? Perhaps its about some mundane process. Maybe about the authenticity of the life purpose. Or maybe you are burned out because you feel cheated out of results. Not enough impact. Feel into your body. What does it have to say? 

@SirVladimir Really good advice/question! I am not sure, I will have to do more introspection.

For now, I guess that it would help a lot if I got my social- (& dating) life back on track. I feel as though without an active social life I lose a lot of energy (I am an extrovert / ENTP). Why did I lose touch with almost all of my friends?

Mainly because I am not interested in being friends with unconscious people that are not personal development junkies. I wish I could enjoy such relationships but I genuinely cannot... On top of that I have very little time since I am building a business while still being a student & last but not leat, massive health issues temporarily made me become a complete recluse (stable right now). 

It is kind of a dilemma.

Gaining my drive/fire/hunger back to work on my business is KEY to getting my social life back on track (because it will open up doors to the people I resonate with) & being able to do other things that make me more fulfilled (travel/spirituality/etc). The dilemma: Without these very things/this "result" I lose drive/fire/hunger lol. 

I am also not that passionate about my current business, it is just a cash cow that will open the doors to my life purpose. I know that this is the right, nonetheless, it sucks because... hmm... I actually do not know why. I should be grateful for my position and excited about the future... 

37 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Are you clear on your ultimate vision? What is your greatest contribution to humanity? Are you clear on your values?

@Michael569 Yes I am! 

Currently, I am building an advertising agency. But as already mentioned this is just a stepping stone. I spent a lot of time creating a crystal clear vision (& action plan). To sum it up, this is it:

l will reform this era by shaking up the education system and therefore raise the collective consciousness of our society. I am going to build the biggest spiral dynamics stage yellow education platform, which will contribute to moving humanity up the spiral. To manifest this dream I will focus the next few years on broadening my horizon & flipping the script in the online education industry.

I am committed to fully exhausting SD tier one (especially stage orange and green) for the next decade to go all-in on spirituality ASAP. 

4 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Did you overwork/overtrain a lot in the past? I experienced something similiar and havent found a 100% solution yet either.

@Michal__ I did last year (different business), which was one of the reasons why I demonized stage orange so much and wanted to go all-in on spirituality even though I had no foundation (big holes in the lower stages of Maslow's pyramid of needs). This mini trauma is pretty much healed.

@Spiral Wizard That's a powerful vision. Personally, I would wither away building an advertising company, but as you said it is a stepping stone to ultimately fulfilling your life purpose. I suggest you ground yourself from the roots. Are there any quality groups/gatherings/clubs in your area that would respark your social interaction? Also act with them girls. Enjoy the simple things that life has to offer along the way. Moments are precious. You can learn to love unconscious people for what they are. Beloved NPCs. (Yet Gods within also.) How's your business performing? How many years left of school/uni? Our study conditions here in Europe are so much more pleasing than in the States.

Edited by SirVladimir

13 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

Moments are precious. You can learn to love unconscious people for what they are. Beloved NPCs. (Yet Gods within also.)

@SirVladimir I like that haha

How's your business performing?

I worked for over a year on it and last month it finally started getting off the ground. I am reinvesting some of the revenue to outsourcing the most time consuming/tedious tasks. 

How many years left of school/uni?

Less than one year!

Are there any quality groups/gatherings/clubs in your area that would respark your social interaction?

Not really. I would have to do some research. I think that this is the biggest hurdle. I just don’t really know where to start when it comes to building my social life at the moment. I assume that it will be much easier once I have the time to master it and maybe even travel.

The thing is that I like to go all in on an area in my life until it’s either on a high level or mastered. I am already kind of overwhelmed by juggling school, business and my health... The downside is an unbalanced life.

Right now, I do not have the recourses or the time to bootstrap my social life. It seems like a waste of time to invest time into my social life (at the moment) since I am not in the position (yet) to connect with the people I truly resonate with. That’s why I tend to prefer just gritting my teeth until I graduate. 

@Spiral Wizard I hear you. It's not much, but you've got us at least. We Europeans can arrange a meeting someday. ^_^ Glad your business is uplifting! As Michael said, being clear about your ultimate vision is like a beacon in the distance. Let the light navigate you on dark seas. Your story is inspiring. A few meta-questions to ask yourself: 1) Have I extinguished all options to solve or improve my health? 2) What are my limiting beliefs? 3) Why do I fear something if I've been following my action plan - are my fears grounded? If so, what does my body have to say about them? Spoiler: The body can turn out to be an intelligent motherfucker, especially if you tend to 'forget about yourself' and stay in your head often.

I apologize for not having more down to earth tips. It's hard for me to project an interpretation about your exact situation, for I have had a clear path to tread upon myself for a long time now. Perhaps @Leo Gura could throw in his two cents.

Soo...

I have gained new insights/got further solving a similar situation of my own.

Basically, water fasting for one day every week will very likely solve it, both short & long term. (I haven't yet done it long term, but I'm 100% certain it will work).

A prerequisite is 1hr meditation a day, also green & black tea are a serious aid.

This makes me 400% more productive... Quite literally.

14 hours ago, Michal__ said:

Soo...

I have gained new insights/got further solving a similar situation of my own.

Basically, water fasting for one day every week will very likely solve it, both short & long term. (I haven't yet done it long term, but I'm 100% certain it will work).

A prerequisite is 1hr meditation a day, also green & black tea are a serious aid.

This makes me 400% more productive... Quite literally.

@Michal__ very interesting! Is fasting just increasing your mental clarity and therefore your productivity or also your Drive / Fire / Hunger? 

At 11:30 he states that hunger for food made him more hungry for life haha

If you stop overindulging in food or restrict yourself from such dopamine activities your discipline and passion increase naturally. I guess your weekly fast can be compared to a dopamine detox ritual. 

Edited by Spiral Wizard

2 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

@Michal__ very interesting! Is fasting just increasing your mental clarity and therefore your productivity or also your Drive / Fire / Hunger? 

If you stop overindulging in food or restrict yourself from such dopamine activities your discipline and passion increase naturally. I guess your weekly fast can be compared to a dopamine detox ritual. 

Both :) 

Yeah, it definitely does. :D

Edited by Michal__