Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

I took 20x the dose of syrian rue (MAOI inhibitor) on Sunday, need advice.

13 posts in this topic

So I took 60 grams of syrian rue on sunday. I also took about 6 grams of syrian rue on friday and saturday. Because my plan was to take ayahuasca on monday afternoon and I wanted to take syrian rue repetitively to reverse my tolerance.

Anyway on sunday afternoon, I took so much syrian rue that I literally got high off it in a very intense way. I had massive buzzing sounds in my ears (sounded like dmt machine elf technology), I was uncoordinated, I was hallucinating madly (literally thought I was in the amazon the entire time when I was just in my bathroom) and it lasted (was intense) for about 6 to 7 hours. I lost track of everything. 

And that was from 11pm to like 5am I was high. So got no sleep really. 

And I vomited every 15 to 30 minutes lots and lots of syrian rue.

Anyway, great experience, lots of insights and learnings and would definitely do it again if I had the chance.

My question is, I'm aware that previous psychedelic experiences influence future ones. I'm planning to take ayahuasca and syrian rue again this week. Do I need to be careful about my dose? (after going through the previous experience)? Or will it be unaffected and I just take the normal dosages?

WTF is syrian rue?  The whole thing sounds a bit reckless just off the cuff.

MAOI’S INGESTION WARNING: Do not eat foods high in tyramine, dopamine, or tryptophan while taking MAOIs or for two weeks after discontinuing MAOIs. Tyramine, dopamine, and tryptophan are chemicals that can interact with MAOIs and cause hypertensive crisis, which is an extremely dangerous side effect.

Does Aya contain any of those chemicals-Tyramine, dopamine, or tryptophan?

20 minutes ago, cetus said:

WTF is syrian rue?  The whole thing sounds a bit reckless just off the cuff.

are you a city boi??? ;)

You city boiiis not brewing and making your own shit

1 minute ago, cetus said:

MAOI’S INGESTION WARNING: Do not eat foods high in tyramine, dopamine, or tryptophan while taking MAOIs or for two weeks after discontinuing MAOIs. Tyramine, dopamine, and tryptophan are chemicals that can interact with MAOIs and cause hypertensive crisis, which is an extremely dangerous side effect.

no tyramine is fine, I and plenty of others take MAOIs with tyramine. It does fuck you up a bit if you take vine instead of syrian rue, but its not that bad. What you apparently have to be careful of is SSRIs with MAOIs, but no one has really got evidence to even prove that's bad. Wouldnt try it though. 

Not trying to be your mother. Just saying, stay safe dude. A couple of weeks ago my gf took an antibiotic that as prescribed to me.  An hour later she had to be taken to the emergency room.

60grams is a lot. I would advice you to check your blood pressure, just to be save. Futhermore syrian rue is a reversible inhibitor of monoamine-A (RIMA) https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Harmala_alkaloid. I never had any problems with food, but i only eat plant based. Cut out any stimulants at least 24hours before and after taking it. I like taking it with mushrooms and i always did it on an empty stomach. I wouldn't recommend taking more than 5Grams of syrian rue.

49 minutes ago, Username said:

Stupid question. Do you eat whole thing or make an extract?

Powder it then eat it.

1 hour ago, AcaciaConfusa said:

60grams is a lot. I would advice you to check your blood pressure, just to be save. Futhermore syrian rue is a reversible inhibitor of monoamine-A (RIMA) https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Harmala_alkaloid. I never had any problems with food, but i only eat plant based. Cut out any stimulants at least 24hours before and after taking it. I like taking it with mushrooms and i always did it on an empty stomach. I wouldn't recommend taking more than 5Grams of syrian rue.

Do you find stimulants to be a problem? I have taken it within 24 hours of caffeine and never noticed anything.

Also check blood pressure because it could have permanently gone up? What's your rationale for why blood pressure could have gone up?

8 hours ago, electroBeam said:

So I took 60 grams of syrian rue on sunday.

That sounds like a massive dose. Why are you fooling around with such doses?

Combining syrian rue with psychedelics can be extremely dangerous as it will multiply the trip potency by 10x. A 60 gram dose would probably have been given you a horrible trip. And if you combine that with something like 5-MeO-DMT, you will kill yourself.

If you're going to take rue, take pure harmaline extract in the 0.5 gram range.

Syrian rue will likely make you vomit and it is psychedelic all on its own at high doses.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura No my intention wasn't to trip on it, my intention was to radically reverse tolerance my system in preparation for NN DMT.

I've taken ayahuasca 3 times in the last month and they were mild, even after taking large amounts of root bark and 6 grams of rue. So i came up with the amazing idea of taking large doses of rue 2 days before taking aya to reduce amount of root bark needed to be eaten, but then i somehow tripped on rue by itself. I didnt realize you could trip on rue by itself and that it was hallucinogenic so i was unprepared for what happened. 

It did make me vomit, literally every 15 minutes.

It was a 'horrible trip, but the horrible ones are the best because you grow the most. 

Unfortunately in my country the extract is illegal, so i need to extract it myself or just take rue without extracting it.

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam I should kick you out of here just for demonstrating such reckless disregard for proper tripping protocol.

Syrian rue is never taken days before the trip. You take it with the DMT, in small amounts.

What you're doing is suicidal and endangers the whole community.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

MAOI inhibitors (regardless of what they are called) are powerful medical drugs. This stuff is used to kill symptoms of people who cannot function, not to give you any profound experience. I am seriously getting worried with how many people on the forum are getting dependant on medical drugs (carrying fancy names e.g. modafinil which is pretty much Adderall). 

Most nootropics are the new antidepressants given cool names, labelled in a different way and freely available. 

This is not self-development but addiction-forming. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

PSA:

MAOIs are MonoAmine Oxidase Inhibitors - as in, they inhibit monoamine oxidase in your body.

Monoamine oxidase is the enzyme that your body uses to destroy monoamines that are floating around. Monoamines are the molecules that resemble neurotransmitters like: Dopamine, Serotonin and and norepinephrine (aka adrenaline).

There are many molecules in this monoamine class in the normal foods we eat that cause havoc if we don't have the chemical mop-up system of the MAO intact.

When you take an MAO inhibitor (MAOI) like syrian rue, it temporarily lowers the defenses of this system. This is why MAOIs are used in ayahuasca brews - it makes the DMT in the brew orally available so that you can get high by drinking the stuff. However, the MAOI also makes you vulnerable to perturbations from other chemicals which your body would normally have the guard up agains, so it's dangerous. Good ayahuasca ceremonies will insist fasting, or a limited list of foods beforehand in order to reduce this danger.

Consuming MAOIs like Syrian Rue, especially large doses, can be very dangerous. MAOIs should be avoided by all but the most experienced, and should never be used recklessly like user electroBeam has here. If you do choose to take an MAOI you need to research the correct dosage, and research *very carefully* which foods you need to avoid beforehand. 

I've been consuming psychedelics for decades, and had hundreds of trips by now, and I have never taken an MAOI because I don't consider it to be safe.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.