Rajneeshpuram

About the idea of acceptance

7 posts in this topic

I'ts often encouraged in the spiritual community the idea of surrender of acceptance. Stop resisting, give up...

But, if I'm growing vegetables in my garden and a insect plague comes in and destroys my fruits... should I let them ruin my garden or should I fight back?

Another example, if I got a farm of chickens and a predator comes and start killing my chickens? Should I practise acceptance and do nothing? I think this should be a  stupid move.

These seem petty examples, and most of you will suggest to get rid of the plague or the predators. But what happens when the situation becomes more global?

In a politic issue . If my neighbours are being harassed by criminals and the police does nothing, should I help them or practice cuck acceptance?

Even more global, ethnic minorities are being abused in some parts of the world, shoud we practise acceptance?

Whats the criterion? 

Edited by Rajneeshpuram

Acceptance is not the same as doing nothing.

Acceptance is giving up the bitching and moaning part and go straight to the solution. 

If there is no solution, accept, and be at peace with it, but most things in life are not like that. 

1 hour ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

But, if I'm growing vegetables in my garden and a insect plague comes in and destroys my fruits... should I let them ruin my garden or should I fight back?

Depends. Do you want to enjoy your fruits or you would rather let the insects enjoy them? 

1 hour ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

Another example, if I got a farm of chickens and a predator comes and start killing my chickens? Should I practise acceptance and do nothing? I think this should be a  stupid move.

Depends. Do you want to be the predator that eats the chicken or you would rather let another predator eat them? 

You are free to do as you wish.

You will be defined by your actions, but you are free to choose any action you wish. 

It's about accepting reality.

Accepting and letting go are crucial for emotional mastery.

When you fall down and then stand back up, are you caught up in your head? Thinking the whole day about what would've happened if you didn't fall down. If you had just paid more attention to your surroundings. How would the world be if you didn't fell down? Even the next week you always think back to what happened. But in a paradox way. The event takes up space in your head but when someone else mentions it, you try to change the topic. Because you don't want to be reminded of what happend. Maybe you are ashamed. But I guarantee you, the next time you fall down again, all the memories come back again. And this time you reject it even more. How could it happen again, this can't be real.

On the other hand, if you accept reality. You fall down. Acknowledge that you fell down. Stand up and continue your day. By accepting what happened you can then let go of it. This way becoming more present.

Also if after you fell down you got sad, hurt or angry. You accept your own emotions "It is ok that I fell down. It is ok that I feel sad now". There is a certain lightness to it. So the emotion can move on. You allow yourself to fully accept and feel it. See what happens if you don't. Still light?

Of course this doesn't apply only to negative events but to positive events as well.

12 hours ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

I'ts often encouraged in the spiritual community the idea of surrender of acceptance. Stop resisting, give up...

These seem petty examples, and most of you will suggest to get rid of the plague or the predators. But what happens when the situation becomes more global?

In a politic issue . If my neighbours are being harassed by criminals and the police does nothing, should I help them or practice cuck acceptance?

Even more global, ethnic minorities are being abused in some parts of the world, shoud we practise acceptance?

Whats the criterion? 

First you need to define your role as a human being and try your best to fulfill it, and only then you should accept whatever comes to you. 

If you define yourself as a farmer then you should protect your plants. 

If you define yourself as a “nothing” (as many people/philosophies do) then do nothing.  

Acceptance is acknowledging what is as it is, accepting the situation, accepting your feelings toward the situation, even accepting that you can't or don't know what to do. 

And then through that acceptance doing what you have to do.

If you don't feel and accept things first usually what you do is a bit dirty of negativity, of resentment, blame, hatred, and then you try to control the situation or force it to change, you try to make it what it "should be", because you think you can only be happy if it changes, and in doing that you are living as a victim of circumstances. 

When you acknowledge, feel and accept what is, you can create and change things with a clear heart and mind, you do things through Love and Vision, you change things because you deeply want to make them better yet you stay dettached from any results, you allow yourself to be happy first and then working things out, not being a victim of cricumstances but a creator of your own reality. 

Connect to Create ☼♡

13 hours ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

Surrender and acceptance do not mean giving up. If anything, they generate much more proactive actions than resistance and denial.

In your farmer analogy, you don't resist the fact that your vegetables are being eaten by insects, saying: "Bad insects! Why the world is always against me!" You take action to protect your vegetables. When it doesn't work, you don't resist it saying: "I've been working so hard! Why are the insects still there!" Basically, you always live in the present, observe, take action, check the result, and adjust your actions in a level-headed manner.