Chumbimba

Feeling vs. Logic

9 posts in this topic

Ever since I have watched actualized.org and gotten into spirituality I have found myself feeling more. This is nice but it has backfired on me because I have been so busy feeling and not solving problems with a logical frame of mind in my life. I just feel like if I feel my emotions enough that is enough to solve my problems and that answers will come to me. I also think logic is anti-spiritual because it's not mystical. How do I balance emotions and logic? How can I become a better thinker? 

The only target you should follow is to be happy. I'd recommend you do not separate emotions from logic but let them work together, in cooperation. Listen to your inner feelings. Listen to your mind but do what your heart says.  

The whole point of awakening is to do away with logic. As long as there is even the slightest bit of belief in the materialist paradigm, you aren't awake. And if you think about it, adopting logic is really nothing but a neurotic way to live life.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Chumbimba said:

Ever since I have watched actualized.org and gotten into spirituality I have found myself feeling more. 

Interesting! Ever since I have watched actualized.org I have felt my feelings more so I decide more logical!

My advice is...each second choose LOVE. Each second you have a decision, most of them appears in form of thoughts.

For example a thought might say "I need to solve my.problems and i feel anxious because of that".

Choosing or believing FEAR would be to to believe/attach/be attracted to that thought (becoming One with it).

Choosing or projecting LOVE would be to not Become One with it,. because it doesn't resonate with you, (as Nahm says because it feels bad/not good), so instead you just let it go (this is not an action! Is effortless, it what inevitably happens when you are projecting/creating love and not fear)

This work is second by second man. You can start NOW

@Chumbimba You can isolate the two with your attention ignoring emotions and going into logic 100% and vice versa...im use to just feeling and when i used only my logic it surprised me that you can isolate like that...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Chumbimba Yeah it's pretty weird. Some people label this as "left brain" vs "right brain".

Left brain stuff, I feel like I'm binary in thought and material, trying to exert my will on the world 

Right brain, I want the flux of my consciousness and the world to slow down so I can keep up with it all. 

But then well, you kind of see it goes together or, I get stuck in a different area instead by jumping around with my mind. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.