Megan Alecia

What to do as a Stage Orange teenager?

10 posts in this topic

I just realized I am currently at SD stage orange. 

I am 17 and transgender (if it matters). I relate to stage orange values like achievement, improving one’s own position in life, efficiency, progress, productivity, action, results, pragmatism, never-ending growth, self-improvement, skills, knowledge, confidence, optimism, charisma, entertainment & showmanship... (among others)

I have been trying to study spirituality for a while. And some insights do arrive here and there, with varying levels of personal relevance. But in terms of the "mystical" love thing I couldn't access it nearly enough, well, sometimes I go outside in nature and see some beauty there... But for example, I find that I can't see beauty in negative situations. I find myself avoid a lot of them, and at worse, get chronically afraid of them. 

My plan in life is to move in a nice, convenient city where people are young and fashionable and smart and life is pretty secure, yet adventurous. I also tend to be pretty ambitious, altho I haven't consciously worked on any ambitions, save for some personal interests and talents. 

I am somewhat threatened by SD stage red, and have been for a long time, altho I just got conscious of this today and had to go through a sort of meditation thing where I just went through all my thoughts, which are fearful bits of carnage and violence and chaos, all of which sprang from some conversation that I had earlier this day. I felt (and am still) feeling some sense of peace in me. Rn its midnight and I am writing this with no music on... 

Any tips on what to do, like what possible steps to take? Any insights on my situation? Thanks :).

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Read more, also you are moving into green, especially if you meditate a lot. Do not view everything through the spiral dynamics lens 24/7. That Is just counterproductive.

You should work on getting all your material needs met while meditating and reading and you will move to yellow in a few years.

@Michal__ Yea, I'm aware that not everything can be viewed through sd. 

Thanks for the advice! 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Being at stage Orange is perfectly fine, for the time being.

Experiencing 'mystical love' all the time, even for the 'ugly' things seems more like a stage Turqoise thing to me. Be grateful if you have glimpses of it :)Now most of the values you listed are important beyond Spiral Dynamics too (as Michal pointed out). These are great values to have!

For now I advice you to work towards getting yourself into a better environment where you don't have to interact with toxic people too much. Maybe start thinking about what you're most passionate about and spend time doing that too.

I know sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the light, but just imagine how strong you'll become by overcoming these challenges and how amazing and beautiful your life can become! You're just 17 so you got a lot of time to improve your life.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

I spent a lot of time in orange just seeing what was out there in terms of my interests, and trying to determine the best of the best (in things like music and philosophy).

When you go past orange, things will really change. It's a whole new chapter of life. Then you will experience transcendence.

So go on a search for the highest information. You already have some of it given that you're on this site.

And importantly, it's your journey, not ours. You will feel within yourself what you are meant to be doing.

You don't have to love a negative situation. Rather, love will pull you through the negative situation. Love, faith. And so on.

1 hour ago, dflores321 said:

@Megan Alecia After taking an online test apparently im Stage Yellow Dominant ( Yellow: 26%)

LOL. I took the test myself and it was garbage hahaha. SD cannot be evaluated through a standarized test.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

LOL

Yeah...LOL

I'm very skeptical of online tests determining such complex things

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Follow your bliss, man.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Answer the 100 million dollars question and start working towards making it become true

Read Leo's 5-star rated books from the book list

Create a dream board

Do meditation retreats

Take low doses of psychedelics

Edited by Espaim

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

LOL. I took the test myself and it was garbage hahaha. SD cannot be evaluated through a standarized test.

Yeah anyone can say they relate to something, but do they really understand it?

An SD test could be created, but it would be more like an IQ test than a personality assessment.