Jacob Morres

I want to overhaul my diet

7 posts in this topic

Years of fast food 3-4x a week and always picking whatever looks yummiest. Im so tired of living like I dont care about my health and well being 

How can I begin to take care of my diet and find what makes me feel good, alive and happy? 

Best to find a professional in your area and work with them to help you create the best plan for you. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

This 1 book will radically transform your diet and make you feel like a new person. I recommend you buy and read the whole thing, maybe even do one of the cleanses it teaches to kickstart your new diet. I've read a lot of health books and tried many diets but this one is the least fad and makes the most sense.

The book is called: Cleanse to Heal by Anthony Williams AKA the Medical Medium. He will teach you what are the best foods to eat and what foods never to eat again. This is the best diet for longterm health.

Leo likes his books too.

Try Ray Peat's diet forum if you really want to get into the weeds. There is so much conflicting info out there it's insane. Some basics: PUFA (soy, nuts, seeds, vegetable oil) is usually bad. Sugar is not poison. Saturated fat is not poison. Whole grain is not healthy. Serotonin is a major cause of diet related health issues. Protein is good. Good luck...

On 9/2/2020 at 2:06 PM, Jacob Morres said:

Years of fast food 3-4x a week and always picking whatever looks yummiest. Im so tired of living like I dont care about my health and well being 

How can I begin to take care of my diet and find what makes me feel good, alive and happy? 

I tend to be a realist and going full throttle, too fast, sometimes is too much for ppl and they give up. If that's you, then perhaps start cutting back vs totally cutting out and adding more fruits/veggies while going down on junk foods over time.

Since you eat fast food currently 3-4x week, cut back to 1-2x week. As well as start counting your calories so you know how many cals you are approx taking in a day. There are free weight loss calculators online that you enter your activity level, height, weight and goal weight then they tell you how many cals per day you can consume to loss "x" about of weight per week.

I personally hate regular water, but I was drinking diet soda all day. I now drink water with flavor drops sweetened with stevia extract and have a diet soda occasionally if I'm out. 

Another tip. I don't usually buy any junk food for around the house that I don't have self-control with... if I know I would want to binge on them, then I don't buy them or buy a small quantity.

If you haven't exercised in a long time, then start with short, full body work outs to build endurance and tolerance. Then,  increase the amount of time as you feel better. 

Another thing I've noticed, don't focus too heavily on the scale if you are also exercising. I can fit into clothes I haven't worn in a year, yet the scale isn't as impressive, but I look better!

Good luck

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 9/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, AdamDiC said:

This 1 book will radically transform your diet and make you feel like a new person. I recommend you buy and read the whole thing, maybe even do one of the cleanses it teaches to kickstart your new diet. I've read a lot of health books and tried many diets but this one is the least fad and makes the most sense.

The book is called: Cleanse to Heal by Anthony Williams AKA the Medical Medium. He will teach you what are the best foods to eat and what foods never to eat again. This is the best diet for longterm health.

Leo likes his books too.

Second this!!! 

But, like others said don't kill yourself or change too much all at once, you could end up creating backlash. It's like going from never exercising to a 5 day a week workout routine. Take it slowly, one meal at a time. 

Also, don't worry about being perfect, 90/10 is a good ratio to aim for, and when you 'mess up' learn why you did it, what lead to that behavior and if you want to stop it in the future. 

When you do 'indulge' just enjoy it without Guilt. 

God luck, transforming your diet and exercise routine is imo one of the most important foundations for a healthy & happy life!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

If you've never really cooked or gone grocery shopping, it's going to be too much resistance to start doing it all of a sudden.

Start by taking the path of least resistance. Find a company that prepares meals and delivers them ready to your door. So all you have to do is microwave them or pop them in the oven.

It'll probably still be expensive. Arguably not as expensive as getting takeout 4x a week. Plus it'll be a lot better for you.

Make sure the meals are healthy and not just crap though. Find a place that specifically does keto or vegan meals or something.