Average Investor

Revamping my supplements

22 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Roy said:

@Leo Gura Probably hard to answer this, but how worthwhile do you think this investment has been?

Have they made you feel incredibly healthy compared to what you felt before, or what you would have without them?

I was sorta forced into it because of my health problems. So I'm not a good measure of such things. I was forced to explore many supplements I otherwise never would.

If your health is good, then it probably won't be worth it for you. And it also depends very much on your salary. I have money to burn.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Lyubov I recommend the book the toxin solution. It has helped me get much better insight into toxins. It has a good mix of detox protocols and alternatives to avoid toxins. I have not researched it super deep with this one being the only book I have read on toxins. It definitely opened me up to changing a lot of things I do. 

I would recommend getting a shower filter as a start. With it only being about $30 I have had a good improvement in my well being from that. Less itchy skin has really improved my mediation and how I feel. 

Switching deodorant to one without heavy metals or toxins. A lot actually contain aluminum, which is linked to things like alzheimer's disease. I use a Himalayan salt stick. 

Getting rid of fluoride as it effects the nervous system and is shown to even lower the IQ of children. A lot of good alternatives. 

Take some time to use an app called "think dirty" to check for what products are causing you harm. You can get better alternative suggestions in the app too. 

I think one of the main issues with toxins and such is it does not feel like it has much of an effect. You could stand under an airway watching planes for hours and probably feel fine, but you will be absorbing lead into your system. Lead is linked to all sorts of issues and was even potentially linked to high criminal rates. 

A lot of these things could be having an effect without much knowledge to you as things can feel normal. I mean you can receive a lot of lead just by being the child of someone with a lot of lead in their system. It's hard to raise alarm to something that you don't really notice happening. 

Edited by Average Investor