Opo

How to improve police?

10 posts in this topic

Ok so brain isn't fully developed until 26 so you can't think critically enough and you'll make stupid decisions. 

Until then you don't get a gun you can have a taser, pepper spray and baton. You work with someone who has a gun so you can be safe until then. Preferably in a safer neighborhood at beginning. 

Before you get a gun you have to have a certificate for: hand to hand combat, shooting and healthy psychology. 

You don't need to have those certificates before you start working as a cop. Of course have basics in the academy but not to that level. You can earn them while you are being a police officer with a taser.

Have organized classes for example you can take 1 hour out of 8 from your work day and use it in training. Maybe even outside work, weekends and such. 

I like cops having to option to do paid training be it in the gym, shooting range, or mat. So they stay in shape. Maybe allow them to take it form work hours, maybe make it count as overtime idn. 

5 minutes ago, Opo said:

Ok so brain isn't fully developed until 26 so you can't think critically enough and you'll make stupid decisions. 

Until then you don't get a gun you can have a taser, pepper spray and baton. You work with someone who has a gun so you can be safe until then. Preferably in a safer neighborhood at beginning. 

Before you get a gun you have to have a certificate for: hand to hand combat, shooting and healthy psychology. 

You don't need to have those certificates before you start working as a cop. Of course have basics in the academy but not to that level. You can earn them while you are being a police officer with a taser.

Have organized classes for example you can take 1 hour out of 8 from your work day and use it in training. Maybe even outside work, weekends and such. 

I like cops having to option to do paid training be it in the gym, shooting range, or mat. So they stay in shape. Maybe allow them to take it form work hours, maybe make it count as overtime idn. 

Have a better society so quality people want to do the job. 

More training in de-escalation techniques, human psychology, sociology, how power works, etc. The police needs a good theoretical background in addition to hands on training so they can used what they learned in hands on training effectively and reasonably. Also using force as a last resort.

Limiting arms/ ammunition. Some is necessary but it can't be to the point where it freaks out everyone in any interaction with an officer. It also depends on department. Emphasis on protection and feeling safe over being panicky and on guard for shit to go down when it comes to how people view the police.  

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

20 minutes ago, soos_mite_ah said:

More training in de-escalation techniques, human psychology, sociology, how power works, etc. 

Idn if their minds are ready for sociology and psychology because they are usually blue/orange and they aren't the thinking types. But if they could learn just the basics it would help them a ton. 

@Opo Either they shift and realize or you have to find new people who are conscious enough to take in the information. Regardless of the case, you will end up with a more conscious police force. Process of elimination. 

Giving a stage red, blue, orange person a gun an a position where they can be excused is a recipe of disaster as one can see with the recent Black Lives Matter protests. High consciousness needs to be a requirement so they know how to deal with people without stooping down to their level and creating more problems.

"We can't solve problems with the same level of thinking we used to create them" - Einstein

And that also applies to consciousness

52 minutes ago, soos_mite_ah said:

@Opo Either they shift and realize or you have to find new people who are conscious enough to take in the information. Regardless of the case, you will end up with a more conscious police force. Process of elimination. 

What if you can't find new people to replace them? 

People at academy would be more open to that stuff but older cops wouldn't. 

What would you do with older cops or just cops who aren't open to change before and after the new batch of cops is ready? 

1 hour ago, soos_mite_ah said:

@Opo Giving a stage red, blue, orange person a gun an a position where they can be excused is a recipe of disaster 

I think that here the problem is immunity and not level of development.

Green is still not tolerant of intolerant people. 

7 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

More training in de-escalation techniques, human psychology, sociology, how power works, etc.

Yeah this is very important. I've seen cops with absolutely 0 people skills that made the situation way worse, so clearly something is missing in that department.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

4 hours ago, Opo said:

What if you can't find new people to replace them? 

People at academy would be more open to that stuff but older cops wouldn't. 

What would you do with older cops or just cops who aren't open to change before and after the new batch of cops is ready? 

I think that here the problem is immunity and not level of development.

Green is still not tolerant of intolerant people. 

I'm pretty sure there will be new people to replace them. Having a scarcity mindset can easily turn into a limiting belief. 

Honestly fire the older cops. Embrace green's intolerance for intolerance. Sometimes it's necessary to create a better environment. 

Immunity is a problem but it isn't the only factor at play. There are LOTS of things wrong with the current system. 

And even though green is not tolerant of the intolerant, they are much more peaceful and open to understanding compared to red, blue, and orange. It's going to take a lot for green to lose their shit and start shooting innocent people like protesters for instance. 

Before we do anything, we need to get police to green first and to do that we need to clean the left over gunk from the previous stages. 

Campaign Zero is an advocacy group that's using an evidence based approach to find realistic policy proposals to address the issue of police reform in the United States. I'd encourage anyone who's serious about addressing police abuse in a systemic manner to consider supporting this organization. They also provide updates on their website as to tangible progress that's been made in various cities across the country about reforms that have been passed, or are being considered.

https://www.joincampaignzero.org/solutions#solutionsoverview

XLAM0976.jpg

citieschanges.png

Edited by DocWatts
Changed order of uploaded images

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/