Rajneeshpuram

Looking for a spiritual masters who arent narcissists

46 posts in this topic

Trees.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

We are living in the Age of Information. The Age of Aquarius.  Guru's are passé. No longer necessary. I don't know if that applies to Spiritual Masters or not,  I know that some Spiritual Masters walk the path of the Malamat. Also known as the Way of Blame.  They are the eaters of suffering. I believe the more influences we can have the better.  We can take life as a Teacher. Trees are good too.

The higher in Consciousness can SEE the lower but the lower in Consciousness cannot SEE the higher.

grain of salt,,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

5 hours ago, Keyhole said:

He does have a grandiose self-image but most spiritual teachers do.  The content of his teachings however, is very high quality. Most spiritual students remain seekers. I haven't come across a lot of teachers who have a large number of students that have become self realized.  Have you? If so let me know and name some because I'm kind of curious.

If you research Ramaji and the other RASA givers like him you will see that many of their students finish, it's all thanks to the spiritual transmission. Same with Jivanmukti. And maybe Brahman Menor. They all radiate energy that pulls their students out of the darkness into a higher level of consciousness.

7 hours ago, Keyhole said:

He does have a grandiose self-image but most spiritual teachers do.  The content of his teachings however, is very high quality. Most spiritual students remain seekers. I haven't come across a lot of teachers who have a large number of students that have become self realized.  Have you? If so let me know and name some because I'm kind of curious.

Most spiritual teachers charge money, I don't agree with it either but that's just how it is.

He's an advanced teacher, I've witness my own consciousness through his eyes.  Same with Leo.  Some teachers have that ability.  You can gauge their effectiveness by looking at their eyes and allowing their own energy to lead yours upwards.

Who cares?

You do, in a pretty direct way. One of guru's function if he is enlightened is to trigger you, just where it hurts sometime, deep inside the cluster of tantrums behind the assumtions of human interaction and qualities. He is the person to tell you that you and me are deluded and show why, and what can be done about it. If you think a guru is a narcisist, maybe he is doing a very good job of triggering your delusion.

One way i can tell a mystic or a guru is if they radiate bliss. And if they do what they teach themselves. I have found orthodox hindu gurus the best. because hinduism has the vastest records of scriptures which you can follow and evaluate the person, if that is even needed. Too bad India is totally ruined. There are ways to cognize the world which will make you powerfull and powerless. These sacred texts do hold this capacity if you internalize, you become Shiva, because in fact, you already are.

How much do you care to find the truth is the question. For any seeker. Its usually about, what will other say is if want to follow a guru. Its culturally easier to follow secular gurus like Rupert, Echart, Adya e.c.t but there are people out there that are the catalysts of truth, but you will hesitate to follow them; thats what i have found. And exactly you will think they are narcissist. And just about any guru has a bad media coverage. Will you also internalize that? What are your chances of taking gurus words? For example like Osho, only his value was really recognized later. In such conservative culture he triggered just about anybody. But he had something to say if you really wanted to listen to him. I have found such people, and i attempted to put my bullshit aside, and i am listening to them, best decision i have made in my life.

For sure something must be wrong with me to? How can i be right e.c.t.? I am delusional right. :D

In short the title of this tread is like you looking with sunglasses with 5% transparency.

Edited by Applegarden

@Keyhole I'm sure he meant well. He is not a narcissist, he is a kind person and many of his students actually wake up. I'm not trying to convince you to follow him, we should always use our intuition and find the right teacher for us!

@Keyhole Yes we have a similar perspective. That's an amazing ability you have to be able to see their energy! I can sometimes feel their energy/aura but only if they are very powerful. Who is the most enlightened teacher you have seen? What you do feel about Brahman Menor? He never eats or drinks and radiates a powerful pure energy so he must be quite enlightened! I had my awakening by watching a couple of his videos on youtube and connecting with him, the energy opened my chakras and allowed much of the kundalini to finally reach the crown.