Schnaby

Is dressing stylishly considered being a prostitute?

27 posts in this topic

@Schnaby

On 8/8/2020 at 6:42 PM, Schnaby said:

I have an issue with my s.o., as he has verbally abused me of his higher consciousness, emitting that he is more spiritual, and more aware than I am, thus can control and speak to me condescendingly. He continually puts me down for the way I dress, stating that I dress like a prostitute & don’t dress like a “woman” or with elegance. It’s very hot here now as it is summer, & he makes me feel bad for wearing shorts & knee length skirts with tank tops that cover my chest & my belly. I have always dressed classy & stylish, I do not conform to the trends & dress to feel good solely for expressing myself. I do not care what others think of me nor dress to get attention, but it truly hurts my feelings when my s.o. Puts me down, accusing me for dressing for attention & dressing like a prostitute, god forbid I wear sandals or lighter clothing in summer. When he told me this & I told him I understand his stance on dressing for “ego”, I responded by telling him that I dress for my own expression and esteem, which is thus “ego” of course, but I dress classy & stylish, he continued to throw a rage and punch my car Steering wheel, dashboard,& windows, while punching himself in the face, stating that he is higher conscious than I am and he chooses to dress plain—yet is constantly checking his hair in the mirror all the time, & gets angered when his hair is messed up. To me this seems like a double standard, he can dress “plain” in his opinion yet care so much about his hair vainly obsessing in the mirror several times a day, when I don’t even obsess about my looks like this. My question is, should I conform to his accusations although it would not be true to me?

Emotional abuse, classic gaslighting behavior. Either confront him with his behavior and draw a clear boundary that you will not compromise or leave that relationship quickly. Also, with styles of dress, is experimental, so 

On 8/9/2020 at 3:42 AM, Schnaby said:

I have an issue with my s.o., as he has verbally abused me of his higher consciousness, emitting that he is more spiritual, and more aware than I am, thus can control and speak to me condescendingly. He continually puts me down for the way I dress, stating that I dress like a prostitute & don’t dress like a “woman” or with elegance. It’s very hot here now as it is summer, & he makes me feel bad for wearing shorts & knee length skirts with tank tops that cover my chest & my belly. I have always dressed classy & stylish, I do not conform to the trends & dress to feel good solely for expressing myself. I do not care what others think of me nor dress to get attention, but it truly hurts my feelings when my s.o. Puts me down, accusing me for dressing for attention & dressing like a prostitute, god forbid I wear sandals or lighter clothing in summer. When he told me this & I told him I understand his stance on dressing for “ego”, I responded by telling him that I dress for my own expression and esteem, which is thus “ego” of course, but I dress classy & stylish, he continued to throw a rage and punch my car Steering wheel, dashboard,& windows, while punching himself in the face, stating that he is higher conscious than I am and he chooses to dress plain—yet is constantly checking his hair in the mirror all the time, & gets angered when his hair is messed up. To me this seems like a double standard, he can dress “plain” in his opinion yet care so much about his hair vainly obsessing in the mirror several times a day, when I don’t even obsess about my looks like this. My question is, should I conform to his accusations although it would not be true to me?

You are overthinking this. Your choice is between a little pain now or much more emotional and possibly physical pain later. Yes, the rush is addictive, and he is such a bad boy, and you can fix him if only you...

Just run away already.

Edited by wwhy

By stage blue dweebs yes, to orange and above no.

Edited by Evil Raccoon

I'm not friendly.

Let me just extract the salient point here. 

YOUR S.O. EMOTIONALLY AND PSYCHOLOGICALLY ABUSES YOU.

He won’t change.  GET AWAY NOW. I’m sorry but I’m as subtle as a swinging brick in a pair of old nylons when it comes to this stuff. 

He doesn’t deserve you, and you deserve so much better. You already know what you need to do. Or you wouldn’t be here asking this question. 

On 11/08/2020 at 0:20 AM, Bittu said:

You're dealing with a narcissistic personality it sounds to me.

One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a “gray rock,” meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. Using the Gray Rock method, your objective is to make someone lose interest in you. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention.

As someone who lived with a narcissistic psychopath and sadist for quite a few years I can honestly say this is excellent advice. Become uninteresting. Then run the first chance you get. 

Emotional Abuse hiding behind the Facade of Spiritual Ego & Spiritual Narcissism and superiority it seems. 

I would highly recommend leaving the relationship as many have said, you deserve to be treated SO much better than this, it was almost painful to read :( 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi