Alexop

LSD family background

16 posts in this topic

I tried to find some reliable tips before taking LSD the first time, but I want to double check through this post the real dangers of it. Especially the family background that some bring up. My dad and his mom had some mental problems and had to be kept for some time in a mental sickness hospital. 

Anyway, we are three guys who want to take it inside the house, trip sitting each other, any help is welcome. Sorry if this was talked before... kind of newbie post.

My dad has bipolar type 1 and has been hospitalized a couple of times. I did LSD 3 times at 18 years old, and I didn't have a psychotic break (atleast officially haha). I would say my frequent cannabis smoking brought me closer to that territory than LSD ever did. Still, be careful.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Alexop what kinds of mental problems did your dad and grandmother suffer from? Do you have good mental health would you say? How old are you?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I am 25, my friends are 23 and 20. I don`t know many details about their problem. My dad had a mental breakdown during final exams in college from what I know, he always was a more  awkward and weird person, but nothing serious. I`ve been through many difficulties emotionally speaking, but I`ve made it through without breakdowns, now I consider that I am quite a mentally stable person.

37 minutes ago, Alexop said:

I am 25, my friends are 23 and 20. I don`t know many details about their problem. My dad had a mental breakdown during final exams in college from what I know, he always was a more  awkward and weird person, but nothing serious. I`ve been through many difficulties emotionally speaking, but I`ve made it through without breakdowns, now I consider that I am quite a mentally stable person.

I don't see any red flags, but of course you have to make your own decisions and you shouldn't take someone's word on the internet over your own gut feelings.

If you have a good relationship with your friends, you have set aside a safe time and space for your trip, and a known dosage from a known and trusted source, I think you are well set up to have a great first trip and I wish you the best!

Start with low doses. My recommendation would be 33 ug of LSD but PLUGGED. It will make your trip shorter (4 hours), much more intense and more pleasent. If you want serious trip go with 50 ug but not higher.

Plugging is much better because during full time trip you can start panicking. 4 hours is very easy to handle.

Theres no good reason to plug lsd, I wouldn't bother with that. Sublingual/gum or just swallow it.

Plugging it won't shorten it to 4h.

Have you tried it? You can just stick your tab..

100 ug acts like 200 ug in terms of intensity. It also decrease trip duration. I have a watch on my phone ;) After 4 hours I was done.

Start as low as you can so that you're not bored nor anxious. This means 50-80ug. If you're confident go with 100-125ug.

If y'all are not comfortable have someone to take a lower dose(50 ug less than the other 2 people, like 100ug, 100ug 50ug) or have a sober one to guide you people.

If y'all are not comfortable at all then definitely someone should be sober.

Edited by Espaim

19 hours ago, Alexop said:

Anyway, we are three guys who want to take it inside the house, trip sitting each other, any help is welcome. Sorry if this was talked before... kind of newbie post.

Read this page thoroughly: https://tripsafe.org/how-to-take-lsd/

From what you stated, you sound fine to do it. If you're very nervous do not take a high dose, take something like 75-120ug.

Whatever you do though, do NOT smoke cannabis on an LSD trip because it is a whole other experience. It is easy to underestimate it, even taking 1 hit will change it up.

8 hours ago, Username said:

Have you tried it? You can just stick your tab..

100 ug acts like 200 ug in terms of intensity. It also decrease trip duration. I have a watch on my phone ;) After 4 hours I was done.

I haven't tried it, so I'm not going to completely discount it, but I'm skeptical.

LSD has extremely high bioavailability compared to other psychedelics (70% + per oral) so it doesn't make sense that intensity would double plugged. Plus, the vascularity of the rectum is not so much different from sublabial, so I really can't see any advantage of putting it in your bum over tucking it in under your lip - if not just swallowing it (as long as your stomach is fairly empty).

It makes sense to plug a drug when it isn't orally bioavailable and other ROAs aren't desirable. So 5-MeO-DMT is a great candidate for plugging. But LSD is one of the most absorbable, easy to administer ones out there, so I don't think I'll bother plugging it anytime soon.

I usually tuck it under my top lip so the side a bit and leave it there until I'm well tripping, and then swallow. It usually hits in 20mins. I expect bioavailability this ROA is slightly higher than oral (swallowed immediately). Duration is much longer than 4hrs - depending how you look at it 8-12hrs.

When you say 4hr duration, do you mean you feel you're fully back to baseline, or down from the peak?

Anyone else have LSD plugging experience to share?

1 hour ago, Espaim said:

Read this page thoroughly: https://tripsafe.org/how-to-take-lsd/

This is a great resource.

2 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Whatever you do though, do NOT smoke cannabis on an LSD trip because it is a whole other experience. It is easy to underestimate it, even taking 1 hit will change it up.

This is very good advice, take heed!

@outlandish When I took 100 ug after 4 hours I felt only slightly trippy. After 5 hours I think I was fully back. It felt stronger then my 175 ug trip.

My other trip lasted 12 hours (or even more - depends on how you define it) when I combined 100 ug of LSD with 400 ug of 5-HTP.

Trip is not only shorter and more intense but also feels smoother and cleaner.