Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim Gardner

What is direct conciousness?

6 posts in this topic

I've heard about it from watching Actualized.org and also from

the interview with Peter Ralston that Leo did. I'm open to the

fact that the absolute truth could be found through another

method that is beyond intellectual thinking.

Is there anyone that can give me an idea of what dc is?

Is it something that can only be understanding through

being in the state of dc?

Thank you 

Direct consciousness is like using any of the 5 senses. It's a feature of the mind.

If you don't know what ice-cream tastes like, you eat one. That's one way you can have a direct consciousness of ice-cream. The other ways were when you saw it and held it in your hands.

In the case of spiritual work, direct consciousness is a moment of clarity, insight, or realization, of something you were ignorant of before. It comes in various degrees. The least degree is the moment you open your mind to a new possibility. The highest degree is when you find out that that possibility is true and realize it for yourself directly. I would have called it a moment of knowing, but that may appear similar to conceptual speculation which isn't the same. In fact, one really good way of describing direct consciousness is a moment of not-knowing but instead being. You become the thing that you were looking for.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

you can think of it as being in the same place the truth, no distance, no middleman

This is it.

What else would it be lol? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

If you want to grasp it directly without veils, just stop. Stop everything you do. Direct consciousness is what's always there, when you stop everything it becomes clearer and clearer to you. You can not not be conscious. For you are direct consciousness! Actually, you're beyond even that, but that's another thing altogether (or is it ?)

9 hours ago, Tim Gardner said:

Is there anyone that can give me an idea of what dc is?

Is it something that can only be understanding through

being in the state of dc?

To think, you must have ideas. Ideas are pointers to concepts in reality. 

Not to think, you must first have the concept of thinking.  

Direct consciousness is when you are able not to think without even having the concept of thinking. 

Direct consciousness is what IS when you have no ideas and concepts about what IS. 

Hope that makes sense :)