Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vrubel

Is 5-Meo-DMT powder on itself dangerous?

23 posts in this topic

Hello. I have discovered that I have an unusually high tolerance for 5-meo, I have plugged 50-60mg fb without breaking trough. But it definitely does work on me and I would like to continue using it. Though I did hear that anything more than 40mg is already an insanely big dose which is potentially harmful. So my question is:

Does the danger of the psychedelic lie in the power of the (excessive) trip alone or is taking to much of the (dissolved) powder dangerous too?

Be aware that there are other Dynamics at play with 5meo and plugging. Here are some Dynamics and variables

- you could have a weak/bad batch (compare batches)

- your product might not be very soluble (doesn't dissolve easily) which would hinder plugging attempts.

- you could be plugging with slightly incorrect technique, in a bad seated position for example.

I had a weird batch of this stuff called crystal isolate ??? and I just assumed, hey, all 5meo must be similar...nope, that stuff was shit. Then when I *smoked* some hcl I blasted off.

Thank you for your reply Aaron P.

Yes, I understand other factors may be at play, however I rule out your first 2 variables because I am already at my second bag and it seems the same as my previous one. Also I can clearly see that my 5-meo is dissolving. As for the third point. This one can always be a factor, if I am doing the plugging technique wrong in some subtle way, I am not aware of that. But even so, I always try to be consistent in my technique.  

Have you tried smoking your material?

5mg of >98% pure freebase 5 MeO DMT will, when smoked, let you assess how good it is.

Requiring unusually large doses, assuming fair technique, usually means impure stuff rather than innate tolerance and should be considered as the explanation especially when innate tolerance to quality 5 MeO DMT is not at all common.

I agree with @Corpus, I'd check what it is by smoking. 
10mg freebase is a breakthrough in my experience.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Corpus and @allislove Thank you for suggesting this possibility.

I do not suspect my stuff being impure. It looks normal and does not have any extraordinary body load or side effects to it, but it can be a possibility I should henceforth consider.

As I stated in my original question I would like to continue plugging because it most definitely does work (I already made good progress by facing fear and becoming more loving even without breaking trough). My only concern is that taking to much powder is somehow harmful.  

Oh sorry I them didn't understand the question haha

4 hours ago, Vrubel said:

As I stated in my original question I would like to continue plugging because it most definitely does work (I already made good progress by facing fear and becoming more loving even without breaking trough). My only concern is that taking to much powder is somehow harmful.  

There's one scenario where this could be a bit risky: say the weaker results are because your technique has been imperfect, so you're only getting partial absorption. If you suddenly up the dose and nail the technique on the same trial, you could be in trouble and get hit way harder than before. I don't discount the possibility that 5-MeO-DMT could be physically dangerous in an OD situation. 

I don't want to make you paranoid or fearful, just be aware of this risk. It might be worth trying another ROA just to investigate this possibility before upping the dose with plugging.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish Good point, I actually had that thought as well.

But then again plugging does not feel like rocket science to me. I already have done it about ten times. So it is very hard for me to say what and if I am doing it wrong. I actually botched up my very first attempt but I quickly assessed what I did wrong and improved. (Maybe I will make later a new tread where I describe in detail my plugging technique).

Is it really that rare to be more tolerant than average?

Also does the breakthrough point not depend on my level of spiritual pureness. I would bet if I was further on my path. I wouldn't need so much powder. 

But considering your advise my plan forward is to wind down my dosage and to just perfect my technique. I expect the trips to be mild but on the plus side I can do them more often. As I said before even on lower dosages I get a lot of progress. Maybe that's just my path(;

2 hours ago, outlandish said:

There's one scenario where this could be a bit risky: say the weaker results are because your technique has been imperfect, so you're only getting partial absorption. If you suddenly up the dose and nail the technique on the same trial, you could be in trouble and get hit way harder than before. I don't discount the possibility that 5-MeO-DMT could be physically dangerous in an OD situation. 

I don't want to make you paranoid or fearful, just be aware of this risk. It might be worth trying another ROA just to investigate this possibility before upping the dose with plugging.

Aye and watch out...if your plugging method is wrong (unlikely but still possible) and your upping and upping the dose, and then one day you adjust your method and absorb a full 45mg dose, that would be insane. (Assuming the plugging method isint absorbing all of your product the way you currently do it)

1 hour ago, Vrubel said:

Is it really that rare to be more tolerant than average?

No not rare. I definitely have noticed that in reports here and there. Another thing to look at would be how are you measuring your dosages? You might be using a method that makes it seem like you're using a lot more than you actually are.

1 hour ago, Vrubel said:

Also does the breakthrough point not depend on my level of spiritual pureness. I would bet if I was further on my path. I wouldn't need so much powder.

Yeah maybe. Hard to measure. I don't know if pureness is the right word for it, but I think some background in meditation, and some contemplative context helps set the stage at least.

29 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

Aye and watch out...if your plugging method is wrong (unlikely but still possible) and your upping and upping the dose, and then one day you adjust your method and absorb a full 45mg dose, that would be insane. (Assuming the plugging method isint absorbing all of your product the way you currently do it)

Yes, the coming time I will focus on perfecting my technique (to get more out of the same dose) while keeping a relatively normal dose.

34 minutes ago, outlandish said:

Another thing to look at would be how are you measuring your dosages? You might be using a method that makes it seem like you're using a lot more than you actually are.

Yes measuring such small doses is very tricky. I try to be as conservative as possible in my estimation because consider this:

I use an 8 mg scoop and each scoop I top off so the conservative estimation would be +-5mg that is left on the scoop. Now the largest dosage that I have taken was nine scoops, so that is around 45mg. Considering spillage takes me to +-40mg I am left with. I simply cannot give you a more conservative estimate. This is a heavy break trough for most people. 

2 hours ago, outlandish said:

Another thing to look at would be how are you measuring your dosages?

Yessssss, I'm considering getting super accurate 0.001g scales. I've ordered...some..amount of 5meo from this vendor who seems legit. If...i mean, when ? the stuff comes ??, I might just go ahead and buy myself some brilliant scales. My 10mg scoop had so much shit inside it and started to go black. Also, how do I know it's really 10mg? Considering each batch of 5meo may have varying degrees of density etc. The degrees of variation are of course predictably miniscule (2mg/3mg) but consider, with a variation of +3mg per scoop, and 3 scoops (30mg) the dosage would actually be 39mg... Not good. Need accuracy ???

Edited by Aaron p

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

plugging needs some tries. I want to see someone who plug 5 meo correct for first time..read this  

https://www.reddit.com/user/WeirdOneTwoThree/comments/98o55b/guide_to_per_rectal_administration_of_opiates/

@OBEler Obeler my friendddd, hope your well ??♥️ I'm gonna save that link and use it if I successfully smoke 10mg of this new batch of 5meo I have coming in. If it's the real deal, and it's soluble, I'll be sure to plug according to this link. Saved the link there. I'm also a lazy motherfucker, so I'm gona just copy and paste all that text into this site https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/ which reads it to you out loud instead hahaha, so cool ?

Could you send me that link to the special kind of needleless syringe, the one that leaves no residue in the chamber after administration thanks buddy

Edited by Aaron p

18 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Yes measuring such small doses is very tricky. I try to be as conservative as possible in my estimation because consider this:

I use an 8 mg scoop and each scoop I top off so the conservative estimation would be +-5mg that is left on the scoop. Now the largest dosage that I have taken was nine scoops, so that is around 45mg. Considering spillage takes me to +-40mg I am left with. I simply cannot give you a more conservative estimate. This is a heavy break trough for most people. 

Yeah that sounds super sketchy and inaccurate. I'd recommend getting ahold of a consumer grade milligram scale - there are really reasonably priced ones that are accurate down to around 1mg. Well loved, tried-and-true is the American Weigh (har har) GEMINI-20, although I use the American Weigh GPR-20, which is just a little more accurate. Both of them are very very affordable. Make sure you calibrate the scale, and use fresh batteries, it will take the guess work out of your dosing.

17 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Yessssss, I'm considering getting super accurate 0.001g scales. I've ordered...some..amount of 5meo from this vendor who seems legit. If...i mean, when ? the stuff comes ??, I might just go ahead and buy myself some brilliant scales. My 10mg scoop had so much shit inside it and started to go black. Also, how do I know it's really 10mg? Considering each batch of 5meo may have varying degrees of density etc. The degrees of variation are of course predictably miniscule (2mg/3mg) but consider, with a variation of +3mg per scoop, and 3 scoops (30mg) the dosage would actually be 39mg... Not good. Need accuracy ???

Word.. do it you won't regret it. See my recommendations above ^