Arnie

Massive Action

9 posts in this topic

Everybody talks about taking massive action regardless in which field of personal development. But nobody elaborates on how many hours per day they actually put in, how fast they work, how they organize it etc. I am also in particularly interested in how massive action takers experience this work, which emotions they feel, how intense they are, how often they feel like giving up, how far they push themselves despite of signs of fatigue, how long it takes until they get used to it etc.

Examples of fields of personal development I am particularly interested in are studying, building a business, pick up/ socializing, nutrition, fitness

Thanks in advance for any personal examples or resources!

I think that when you are taking massive action correctly, you are putting in your all.

You're 100% commited to do what you got to do to achieve your goal - whatever it is. You will stay up late if you have to, you will cancel meetings with your friends, you will do whatever it takes.

The reason why this is even possible is because you are in some way deeply motivated to do the work and get the outcome. You have a burning desire and all you see are opportunities to learn and grow and that is inspirating! So you take action. 

And the process of achieving your desire is emotionally difficult because you are leaning into unknown territory and doing things that are outside your comfort zone to grow into the person that you want to be. 

And it takes around 30-120 days to get used to your routine - it is different in every case. 

I know this description is kinda abstract, but I hope it gives you a clear picture ;) 

For me it's not about pushing yourself. It's about consistency. The MASS comes from steady, slow, consistent daily work, NOT from becoming a frenzied self-help maniac.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Try installing 1 new powerful habit every couple of months. That's all you really need. A snowball effect will develop after a couple years.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

First off  almost lost my house to Taxes talk about a stressful situation , rather then pull my hair out I thought it wise to pull my life together , today I solved my tax problems and stopped the house going up for a tax sale.

freak me green

I have been putting in from 10 to 12hrs a day of study but in a relaxed way , I have stopped watching all TV programs ,all of them , instead I'll read or watch a video that improves my understanding of myself and my journey.  I have been looking into my recent lack of performance and how my internal world has caused it.

Week two of looking into my ego and my fears has shown me improvement is needed for me to make the crucial next step in my life.  A small business that I have wanted to start for for years working with the disabled.

I have been for what ever reason living detached from dreams of success in a small business  , not anymore I finally feel inspired to get off my ass.I Am now doing exercises and weights studying and learning to be myself

I had my wake up call !

Edited by Beam

I know "Take Massive Action" stems from Tony Robbins. But could anyone tell me the exact book or origin?

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

I had a break threw tonight listen to meditation Native throat singing and reading different blogs on the Web when I came across some great info that allowed me to actually find my Ego as plain as day. Its the bad advice I get in my head thats been making problems happen , misguiding me lying to me using fear as its tool.

I know this creature intimately but never had a name for it until now.

This article , tonight , made all the sense in the World finally I can do this head on no dancing around looking for the mysterious Ego

I have to share

The Ego

The ego is the opposite of self-esteem. The problem with the ego is it can often ‘disguise’ itself as your self-esteem and it is important to become aware of this behavior when it arises.

Your ego has a number of different definitions, but its most commonly agreed definition is it is your self-defense mechanism and more importantly, your false concept.

All the ego is concerned with is indulging itself in self-destructive behaviors  (I want, I need and so on) and differentiating itself from others (you’re better than him/her, you’re cooler than him), whether it is talking about other people behind their back (often coming from a place of your own insecurity) or self-appraisal (I did this, I need to tell everyone about it).

The ego needs to be validated at all costs in order to ‘survive’ if it is not (even by your ‘self’, the it begins to weaken).

The ego could even be likened to your inner child, constantly in need of attention and if it does not receive is, lashes out.

The Ego In Practice

Egocentricity is very common in Pick Up; if you move from a place of scarcity to abundance of women in your life, it can become self-destructive.

Pick up can be liken to a ‘drug’ and with every new conversation you start with a beautiful woman, you become ‘higher’ with each hit, often neglecting other important areas of your life.

Men becomes idolised by their peers (wow, you’re becoming quite a lady’s man) and this fuels their new ‘addiction’.

A friend of mine once asked me “if you could sleep with the most beautiful woman in the world but you could not tell anyone about it, would it still be as impressive?” Most men are very egocentric when it comes to their dating lives, so the answer for a lot of men would probably be no.

This kind of behaviour can also be seen with materialistic people; buying more and more possessions to fuel their false self-concept (I must have this, I must have that, my friend’s will be so impressed); if you did not have these ‘things’ would you feel less of a person?

When I wrote why I do not feel homesick, this is what I was referring to: people who want to travel but own a lot have difficulty relinquishing it because they feel attached to it; it has become a part of them.

Facebook has become a haven for the ego driven; statuses are often nothing but false self-esteem increasers with each person racking up ‘likes’ to differentiate themselves from others.

The ego loves to feel what is called ‘otherness’ from others.

People who post pictures of themselves are often guilty of this, as this Huffington Post article justifies.

This is not to say that everyone does this, but it is undeniably very common.

Ultimately, people want to convey a narrative for a life that they may or may not be living; some people chose to show the bad and not good, others both, but what it comes down to is wanting to feel a place of belonging.

The ego will try and protect itself at all costs in a “us vs. them” mentality. For instance, if someone is going through a break up and a friend says to them to motivate them “come on, it’s been months now, get over it!” rather than take the sage advice, the ego will answer back “don’t let them speak to us like that, we’re ok with how we’re coping with this.”

However, the ego can also be self-destructive; it can make you feel worthless, lonely, depressed, and insignificant and all those other negative emotions.

Separation

So how to you dis-associate from egoic thinking and move to a more internally validated, self-esteem-based way of thinking?

You have to re-direct you focus on yourself, your ‘true’ and not your ego or what others may (or may not) think about you.

Be honest with yourself, what do you like about yourself and what do you not like about yourself? Do not challenge it – just accept it. The ego is concerned with emphasising strengths and de-emphasising weaknesses.

It is okay to ‘love’ your ‘self’, this is not the same as inflated self-importance; what do you like about yourself that is of the benefit to others (are you a really good listener?) and what do you not like that you can work on (sometimes I can feel jealous of others people’s wins, why is that and how can I minimise it?)

I woman I was spoke to said “you’re very arrogant aren’t you?” and I said “no, I’m confident.” She said “what is the difference?” and I answered “arrogance is overcompensating for a known weakness; confidence is knowing your strengths but also knowing your weaknesses, that way you can improve them.”

There are a lot of people who prefer to ‘hide’ behind their strengths in fear that if the don not, their weaknesses will be revealed.

If you have weaknesses, it is okay, it means that you are a human.

When you catch yourself having egocentric thoughts, become present; do not judge or condemn the thought (if you do this it will argue back) and just become aware of it, it will soon dissipate.  To paraphrase Tolle, “once you bring it into the light of consciousness, the ego is unable to ‘survive’.”

You are not your thoughts.

When you become aware of these habitual thought patterns, you begin to become more self-aware of your ego and more importantly, how you can weaken it.

16 hours ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura What do you think are the essential habits to install? Other than meditation.

I've covered this in several videos. Can't even remember which ones now. But it's all there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

if you are persistent you will improve. no matter what it is. focus and intensity is key as well, but that comes from inspiration and builds over time. its like leo said a snow ball effect will take place. and most importantly belief and patience during self doubt is KEY.