Heaven

Cognitive enhancer supplements

13 posts in this topic

Hey all :) 

I'm in a period of time where I study a lot..(trying to change my career) I feel that my focus is hurting the process.

I've been meditating for an hour a day, sleeping well and eating a good diet.
I minimized the distractions in my environment but I still lose focus quiet often and it requires some will power to come back until it's almost impossible..

I feel like I can use the help of some supplements.. I was thinking about Provigil(Mondafinil) for energy stimulation.

I would be happy to hear your thoughts..Any suggestion will be welcomed! 

Thanks!

Edited by Heaven

Pregnenolone and histamine (base, or HCl if gut issues). Magnesium sulfate USP. Also might as well use pure d-amp if you’re willing to use modafinil — better off just mind-over-mattering it unless you have some kind of gut or brain issue. Stims can help productivity a whole lot though especially in the beginning. Every drug works in the beginning...

Edited by The0Self

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

Pregnenolone and histamine (base, or HCl if gut issues). Magnesium sulfate USP. Also might as well use pure d-amp if you’re willing to use modafinil — better off just mind-over-mattering it unless you have some kind of gut or brain issue. Stims can help productivity a whole lot though especially in the beginning. Every drug works in the beginning...

Thanks for the reply?
So u are saying to be very cautious with Mondafinil? (Do u have any experience with it?)

I stopped to use caffeine completely so I feel kinda tired during the day, so I was looking for something to keep me sharp..

16 minutes ago, Heaven said:

Thanks for the reply?
So u are saying to be very cautious with Mondafinil? (Do u have any experience with it?)

I stopped to use caffeine completely so I feel kinda tired during the day, so I was looking for something to keep me sharp..

I’ve been scripted modafinil before. I liked d-amphetamine better. I’ve been thru the ringer with all (lots) drugs. My lesson has been to avoid them. I was taking subutex and Dexedrine and was getting into jhana but I developed a heart condition (probably from the Dexedrine/d-amp) and the subutex without the added Dexedrine boost was making me too drowsy to get into jhana so I actually just quit subutex July 7th and am going through detox (opioid wd; aka HELL) in order to get back on track in my meditation. Meditation has gotten me into versatile states that are like 100x more effective a nootropic than any substance.

21 hours ago, The0Self said:

I’ve been scripted modafinil before. I liked d-amphetamine better. I’ve been thru the ringer with all (lots) drugs. My lesson has been to avoid them. I was taking subutex and Dexedrine and was getting into jhana but I developed a heart condition (probably from the Dexedrine/d-amp) and the subutex without the added Dexedrine boost was making me too drowsy to get into jhana so I actually just quit subutex July 7th and am going through detox (opioid wd; aka HELL) in order to get back on track in my meditation. Meditation has gotten me into versatile states that are like 100x more effective a nootropic than any substance.

Definitely meditation is a game changer. Probably I'm not sharp enough cuz I've been out of school for several years so it will come back. Hopefully. I will reconsider it. Thanks for the help 

Your ratio of Omega 3 : Omega 6 fatty acids is very important for brain performance, especially the lomng-chain fatty acids EPA and DHA. Neuroplasticity is energy dependant and requires lots of different components such as zinc, DHA, EPA, phosphatidylserine, COQ10, lots of different amino acids and B-vitamins. Most of these can be found in different foods or made from other things. The only one that may need to be supplemented if diet is predominantly plant-based is DHA. 

Blood sugar balance is also extremely important for brain performance. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Your ratio of Omega 3 : Omega 6 fatty acids is very important for brain performance, especially the lomng-chain fatty acids EPA and DHA. Neuroplasticity is energy dependant and requires lots of different components such as zinc, DHA, EPA, phosphatidylserine, COQ10, lots of different amino acids and B-vitamins. Most of these can be found in different foods or made from other things. The only one that may need to be supplemented if diet is predominantly plant-based is DHA. 

Blood sugar balance is also extremely important for brain performance. 

Thanks for the well described comment. You're awesome!

@Nahm We love u Nahm <3

@Heaven Hey Heaven, don't forget to check out Leo's nootropic video if you haven't already. I'm in a similar position to you, returning to study after a long period of underutilisation of my brain. I currently use a mixture of nootropics including Alpha GPC, Sulbutamine, Ginko Biloba, Lions Mane, fish oil, vitamin D, L-theanine  and some of the others mentioned in the nootropics video. I usually mix it up and try different stacks, sometimes I include some Modafinal (I only take a little nibble because I notice sometimes it messes with anxiety/fatigue/chest pain-little bit too wired) these definitely help me plus I get more motivated to use other techniques like meditation, mindfulness and affirmations to support me, I find its a snowball like effect

If you're trying to reduce stress and optimise your rate of learning then enhancing neurogenesis through fasting and polyphenol intake can be very useful. Cut down on any addictions you may have too as these are inevitably detrimental to your performance in general. Trying an adrenal optimiser may help too as a lot of these supplements actually protect the brain rather than adrenals. But apart from that everything I can think of has been covered.

A holistic approach to self-development:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SYn51AKL3DLkFsuqI9kbw

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Aspirin! (extremely effective at doses of 325-1000+ mg) It’s very pro-thyroid (T3, the good one) and anti-cortisol. Increases cellular respiration; works especially well if you have some sugar in your diet. This one’s a winner.

Vitamin C, glycine, and vitamin k2mk7 to prevent possible negative effects from the aspirin

magnesium sulfate (also to supply sulfation for salicylate metabolism)

Pregnenolone — makes you so clear headed it’s like cotton balls have been taken out of your ears... and it even decreases the visual snow that some of us get from long-term psychedelic use. It’s a positive allosteric modulator of NMDAR (so it’s like an anti-dissociative) and it balances hormones.

progesterone

I personally love days when I take 1/4th armodafinil, some rhodiola rosea, green tea and fish oil.