Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
captainamerica

Enlightenment vs Life Purpose? (Leo , can you please look?)

11 posts in this topic

I know of people who have been wealthy multi-millionaires and engaging in business unrelated to spirituality while living in their higher self, or over self and even having samadhi experiences. They do ensure mindful behaviour and being balanced/self-controlled.

I understand the need for surrender but what is the technical difference between normal people who have to give up so much to be enlightened and these people. 

What makes wealthy enlightened people different who don't have a businesses based on teaching spirituality? 

Edited by captainamerica

A spiritual practice is a way to discover what is true for you on a personal and, by extension fundamental level. 

If a person engages in business and in doing so they learn about their authentic personality, what motivates them, how they relate to other people and what they fundamentally want to be in life, then this is a spiritual practice and it will reward them with similar fruits as any other path. 

Its a bonus though cos they get to make money as well!! 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

@Shmurda When I said money I mostly meant Life Purpose.

I love technology.

If I have a burning desire to actualise that Life Purpose then how to go about Enlightenment?

Many seem to have done it.

Do all desires need to be surrendered?

Edited by captainamerica

@captainamerica You can surrender your desires if you have the strength. I don't recommend it if you haven't already realised that the answer to your suffering isn't in money, women or any object for that matter. 

If you think a business person is enlightened, you can be sure that it wasn't as simple as doing good business, gaining success and then BLAOW kundalni. 

Actually, they will have followed their dream and had it shattered many times. They will have had to reinvent themselves, change their priorities, realise the ways in which they were deluded. All of this is a painful process that involves a lot of learning, just like spirituality. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

There is no Life Purpose at first.

There was you not knowing by your direct experience about everything even you could think ‘I-Know-All’.

There was you put the first effort to read books to grow and want to live in your vision.

There was you to find your what you need to do every damn day to achieve your goals.

There was even you burned out and it’s bringing everything so-called negative to make you think back for the why.

There was maybe you could think and could find the Purpose of Life and you would try some other stuff like some spirituality. 

There is you need to love the all thing.

There is you want to do the Life Purpose to love more.

There is a lot of challenges to make you recalling back to the why, now you know why to have the Life Purpose to your life.

To giving love through your work. And for every damn day you know some days could be that negative lazy and it’s okay to make a thread like this and you-know-what. 

Hehe..Just words of motivation but I think that surrender is not that really. Not just that settings of this work must be trained to that image you have for spiritual practicing. 

Edited by danniviemaria

7 hours ago, captainamerica said:

I know of people who have been wealthy multi-millionaires and engaging in business unrelated to spirituality while living in their higher self, or over self and even having samadhi experiences. They do ensure mindful behaviour and being balanced/self-controlled.

I understand the need for surrender but what is the technical difference between normal people who have to give up so much to be enlightened and these people. 

What makes wealthy enlightened people different who don't have a businesses based on teaching spirituality? 

There is nothing that needs to be done. 

People hear about something called Enlightenment and believe it's a special high achievement.

But Enlightenment is the death of the individual that believes it can achieve something called Enlightenment at a future time.

Can you see the funny situation here.

Awakening or Enlightenment is just something that can take place for no Rhyme or Reason... it's not special in any way and it's not an achievement for anyone to have or earn... plain and simple ❤

There is nothing wrong with doing or not doing anything.

"It's no measure of one's health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick Society"  -- J Krishnamurti

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, captainamerica said:

higher self, or over self

Is this a reference to the Uberman(Übermensch) of Nietzche? 

To become enlightened, you must give up everything. "Normal" people surrender themselves into Nothing because that is what they have.

Wealthy enlightened people also surrendered everything. They surrendered their time and sweat to make the lives of others better. As a result of their surrender, they received wealth. 

18 hours ago, captainamerica said:

I know of people who have been wealthy multi-millionaires and engaging in business unrelated to spirituality while living in their higher self, or over self and even having samadhi experiences.

name one