tatsumaru

If everything is perfect as it is what's the point of doing anything?

70 posts in this topic

I am struggling with this notion. If one achieves the ultimate level of Self-Love and recognizes that everything is already perfect as it is then why bother even waking up from your bed in the morning? What's the point of consciousness if nothing needs to be changed at all?

For the fun, love, joy and quite simply because you want to! 

(There’s also practical reasons, like if you need money to survive) 

You don’t have to if you don’t want to. 

This can be an issue when you try too hard to conflate the absolute with the relative in this way. Yes everything is perfect, but does that mean suddenly the wars in Syria have stopped? Or on a more relative notion, that you neger have to earn money again etc? 

But if I was to sum it up in one word- Love. 

“Peace is happiness at rest, happiness is peace in motion” 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

4 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

“Peace is happiness at rest, happiness is peace in motion” 

Heh, I love this one!

Why so serious?

7 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

What's the point of consciousness if nothing needs to be changed at all?

What's the point of consciousness is a good question but the premise is flawed: change is necessary, and can not be stopped.

Why do people keep saying confusing stuff like "everything is perfect" anyway?

So are we just slaves who need to learn to enjoy it?

It looks like you're trying to sneak in a value judgement by abusing semantics. Be careful with words!

"If one is a prisoner to joy, must one escape to sadness?"

11 minutes ago, commie said:

It looks like you're trying to sneak in a value judgement by abusing semantics. Be careful with words!

"If one is a prisoner to joy, must one escape to sadness?"

I guess I still struggle to realize how you can be a prisoner of joy if you are being burned alive or someone kills all your children or if you are the ugliest person in the world and no one wants to be around you or whatever.
Yes I know this is a very low quality way of looking at it but if you should really accept anything I just don't see how any structure can be sustained, humanity would collapse. Your house is on fire? Just enjoy it.

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@tatsumaru We are slaves who need to remember that we're in fact the master!

What kind of master can't even remember itself?

Edited by tatsumaru

21 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

I am struggling with this notion. If one achieves the ultimate level of Self-Love and recognizes that everything is already perfect as it is then why bother even waking up from your bed in the morning? What's the point of consciousness if nothing needs to be changed at all?

Ya this is a question that snags a lot of people up.  I was caught on it to for a while, not doing anything in the belief that everything is perfect already so why try.  However this was just a masked depression of sorts. 

When you so to say reach this level of awakening you realize there is just Being and you could say its a flow of happening which resembles doing or not doing which is rooted in a recognition of it's-Self.  Its not coming from a why bother doing anything anymore, its coming from awe, gratitude, openness, enjoyment, play, love, a goodness of sorts.

Humanity is a kind of fire.

2 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

if you should really accept anything

I was certainly not suggesting you should accept anything passively (why did you choose the ambiguous "accept"?). That quote was simply chiding for being careless with words.

3 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Ya this is a question that snags a lot of people up.  I was caught on it to for a while, not doing anything in the belief that everything is perfect already so why try.  However this was just a masked depression of sorts. 

When you so to say reach this level of awakening you realize there is just Being and you could say its a flow of happening which resembles doing or not doing which is rooted in a recognition of it's-Self.  Its not coming from a why bother doing anything anymore, its coming from awe, gratitude, openness, enjoyment, play, love, a goodness of sorts.

The notion that I am really just a puppet really makes me feel like life is not worth living.

@tatsumaru it's like knowing you're dreaming... nothing you do will last or be real... because you know it's a dream. yet, for that very reason, you've got all the reason to do anything!

like @Mu_ said... "awe, gratitude, openness, enjoyment, play, love, a goodness of sorts." 

just play, fun, enjoyment

we don't do things to make them perfect. we just do things, cuz why the fook not! :)

ask a child why he is playing and he will be confused AF

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Just now, tatsumaru said:

The notion that I am really just a puppet really makes me feel like life is not worth living.

you're not a puppet!

you're the puppet master!

when the puppet master is incredibly amazing at what he does, he gets lost in and as the puppet character he's creating and playing... but when he remembers he is the creator of his world/story, that he is the MASTER and not the puppet, then life itself becomes a living!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Just now, SoonHei said:

you're not a puppet!

you're the puppet master!

when the puppet master is incredibly amazing at what he does, he gets lost in and as the puppet character he's creating and playing... but when he remembers he is the creator of his world/story, that he is the MASTER and not the puppet, then life itself becomes a living!

A master of life implies some sort of omnipotence, you should be able to do whatever you want e.g. if you are  40 year old guy to turn into a baby cheetah and then a tomato. Saying you are master but not being able to do anything is just make believe.

8 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

What kind of master can't even remember itself?

One who wants to know what it feels like to be a slave... and then wake up from this self-imposed Amnesia and have a big old laugh about it. :P

Why so serious?

@tatsumaru , love your questions! You are the one pointing out that the emperor has no clothes on.

Remember it's always perfect so what ever you chose to think to or to feel or to do it's perfect. So let's assume we decided to nuke the whole world it's perfect or the opposite of that what ever that opposite is  also perfect.  

@tatsumaru   Your not a puppet or a slave, try and let go of these notions and understand that you and everything has inherent value that requires no outside person to tell you so, nor requires you to have a certain amount of money, looks or status.

Can you love what you are right now.....?  And if not, whats in the way?

2 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

Saying you are master but not being able to do anything is just make believe.

Agreed, just like saying you are a slave when you aren't one.