beastcookie

Just booked my first RASA-session!

76 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

RASA is faaar subtler and seems to purify some karma in the background. It’s more of a booster. Psychedelics are catalysed breakthroughs.

What do you base this opinion of RASA on?

2 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

What do you base this opinion of RASA on?

my own experience 

8 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

my own experience 

How many times did you have it and what LOC did you top out at?

Edited by Haumea2018

2 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

How many times did you have it and what LOC did you top out at?

maybe like 20 times so far, no clue what my LOC is

9 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

maybe like 20 times so far, no clue what my LOC is

How is that possible that you've done it 20 times and have no clue what your LOC is? Are you doing it strictly off videos or group sessions?

Just now, Haumea2018 said:

How is that possible that you've done it 20 times and have no clue what your LOC is? Are you doing it strictly off videos or group sessions?

i’ve never asked to have my loc checked, and see no reason to. what difference would it make?

To track progress and verify experience.  That's really strange though that you've never asked.  Who is your giver?

10 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

To track progress and verify experience.  That's really strange though that you've never asked.  Who is your giver?

I think you’re placing too much importance onto LOC. In the end it’s an arbitrary number fallible to inaccuracy, human bias etc. My experience is my experience. I’m not done, and I’ll know when I am. I have my own experience and hypotheses about RASA, and as long as I continue to perceive benefit, I’ll keep taking it.

edit: but if you like i’ll ask and let you know

Edited by Display_Name

Yeah, can you please ask.  It's not an arbitrary number - an arbitrary number means that there is no difference between 257 and 850.  There may be some minor margin of error, but it's not an arbitrary number and I don't understand what has led you to conclude that it is.

6 hours ago, Space said:

@beastcookie Have you ever worked with Jan Essman to get shaktipat? I've attended a few of his retreats largely out of curiosity to see if this kinda of stuff works. Seems to be much more effective for some people than others for sure.

A little less charisma and that dude would be a black hole... 

2 hours ago, beastcookie said:

A little less charisma and that dude would be a black hole... 

Don't know what you mean. A black hole?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

11 hours ago, Space said:

Don't know what you mean. A black hole?

Some spiritual teachers are not very appealing because they are too damn boring. Like I know Rupert Spira has LOC1000 but find him super boring and don't find his explanations very helpful. Prefer Eckhart Tolle even though his LOC is lower, and I also enjoy Teal Swan a lot because of how she embody her divine feminine. 

Edited by beastcookie

Just want to say thanks for sharing your experience. Its very useful to many here I'm sure. I have the book, so will read that and may ask questions. 

55 minutes ago, Reincarnated Cat said:

Just want to say thanks for sharing your experience. Its very useful to many here I'm sure. I have the book, so will read that and may ask questions. 

I'm not an expert by any means, but seems like a lot of people in this thread are quite knowledgeable! 

5 hours ago, beastcookie said:

Some spiritual teachers are not very appealing because they are too damn boring. Like I know Rupert Spira has LOC1000 but find him super boring and don't find his explanations very helpful. Prefer Eckhart Tolle even though his LOC is lower, and I also enjoy Teal Swan a lot because of how she embody her divine feminine. 

I see. Thats a fair criticism of Jan I suppose. Once he gets into a good conversation flow he can be very interesting to listen to. But he can also be quite introverted and quiet. 

Saying that, he is extremely conscious and his shaktipat is strong as fuck. If you gonna get shaktipat he's your guy.

On 2020-07-31 at 0:49 PM, Space said:

I see. Thats a fair criticism of Jan I suppose. Once he gets into a good conversation flow he can be very interesting to listen to. But he can also be quite introverted and quiet. 

Saying that, he is extremely conscious and his shaktipat is strong as fuck. If you gonna get shaktipat he's your guy.

Cool, I can give him a chance :-)

On 2020-07-31 at 0:49 PM, Space said:

Hm... just gave him a chance, you're right. He's the real deal, but I find literally NO contact info whatsoever, is his shaktipat just through youtube videos? Not one on one?  Found it!

Edited by beastcookie

15 hours ago, beastcookie said:

Hm... just gave him a chance, you're right. He's the real deal, but I find literally NO contact info whatsoever, is his shaktipat just through youtube videos? Not one on one?  Found it!

Yea he does in person 3-day shatkipat retreats regularly throughout the year in different countries (mostly europe). Once you have been to one in-person retreat he allows you to join his free weekly shaktipat over zoom. :) 

8 hours ago, Space said:

Yea he does in person 3-day shatkipat retreats regularly throughout the year in different countries (mostly europe). Once you have been to one in-person retreat he allows you to join his free weekly shaktipat over zoom. :) 

Just curious, what has happened to your spiritual journey after meeting Jan? I'm considering a retreat in September!