knakoo

Trips that feel like a thousand years ?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I read of many people relating their experience of having a trip that feels like several lifetimes, or a thousand years, or eternity... 

After the trip, do you actually still feel like the experience lasted longer than the rest of your life? How do you integrate an experience like that ?

Cheers

13 hours ago, knakoo said:

After the trip, do you actually still feel like the experience lasted longer than the rest of your life?

You have the memory of the experience and its only your memory that remembers the duration of the experience. Therefore you know it lasted longer.

13 hours ago, knakoo said:

How do you integrate an experience like that ?

It teaches you that time can be fluid. Time exists within your perception of experience and could vary.

@knakoo you never really "lose" the stream of awareness if it's being tracked enough in your experience... even "death" in this life will have you wake up a few weeks or moments before that moment of death. there's no espcaing aliveness - it is your very nature. your life itself is a huge trip.

who is there during the life, during the trips, during the in-between. you are that.

be only that and exit the levels. then you becomes the levels. and not someone in the levels.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

On 13/07/2020 at 11:34 AM, knakoo said:

Hello all,

I read of many people relating their experience of having a trip that feels like several lifetimes, or a thousand years, or eternity... 

After the trip, do you actually still feel like the experience lasted longer than the rest of your life? How do you integrate an experience like that ?

Cheers

There's actually no time happening right now. The realisation of this from certain perspectives can be uncomfortable and scary, and so as a reaction people may say that their trip felt like 1000 years, when in reality, there was just no time to begin with. 

22 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

You have the memory of the experience and its only your memory that remembers the duration of the experience. Therefore you know it lasted longer.

It teaches you that time can be fluid. Time exists within your perception of experience and could vary.

I imagine it helps taking life less seriously ?

2 hours ago, knakoo said:

I imagine it helps taking life less seriously ?

If you imagine that it helps, it helps. 

But yes. Once you have "died", life is taken less seriously.

I think after you come back, your perception of the duration of the trip readjusts in order to keep your sanity. If you truly and consistently felt like you were gone for several hundred years- or hell, just even one year or less, you would probably come back a completely different person.  And as we observe in most cases, people usually just go back to their old selves once the after-glow of the trip wears off. 

This guy’s experience is pretty interesting to listen to.

4 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

I think after you come back, your perception of the duration of the trip readjusts in order to keep your sanity. If you truly and consistently felt like you were gone for several hundred years- or hell, just even one year or less, you would probably come back a completely different person.  And as we observe in most cases, people usually just go back to their old selves once the after-glow of the trip wears off. 

This guy’s experience is pretty interesting to listen to.

Yes that is what I assumed.

Very interesting video, thank you.