Rilles

What Do You Think Of Feminism?

74 posts in this topic

I find it has alot of good points and perspectives, Im a man btw

what do you guys/girls think? :) 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Feminism is a destructive ideology both for men and women.

a feminist woman would have hard time dating with men because she would spot this and that behavior of a man "unfair" 

a feminist man would have way harder time than a feminist woman because it's such a turn-off ideology to have as a man in the perspective of all women even though if they admire him. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I agree with you. I think it defends very important values that if applied consciously would lead to healthier relationships and a healthier society. 

However, I also notice many people becoming dogmatical and having a totalitarian attitude about it. I think those people have gone to the other extreme and that's not healthy either.

I'm thinking about the people who are trying to paint a picture in which it seems like there's a rapist behind every corner and especially the people who say things like: "we need spaces where only women are allowed to come and debate, because men should just stand aside and learn from us". Seems too radical and incoherent with what feminism is actually about. 

You can actually kind of tell energetically when you're talking to a tolerant vs. an intolerant person and there are tolerant and intolerant feminists. The tolerant ones are doing a great job IMO, the other ones not so much. 

5 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

a feminist woman would have hard time dating with men because she would spot this and that behavior of a man "unfair" 

a feminist man would have way harder time than a feminist woman because it's such a turn-off ideology to have as a man in the perspective of all women even though if they admire him. 

I think there's some truth to this as well. Some feminists seem to completely dismiss biological factors and kind of encourage men to repress their masculinity. 

It's easy to become identified with an ideology and start interpreting everything from that lens. That only hinders communication and empathy IMO.

7 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

I agree with you. I think it defends very important values that if applied consciously would lead to healthier relationships and a healthier society. 

What values do you find healthy in feminism?

However, I also notice many people becoming dogmatical and having a totalitarian attitude about it. I think those people have gone to the other extreme and that's not healthy either.

Agreed, as with any ideology. At the same time I can see 2000 years of living with oppression having an extreme backlash, its like a rubber-band of pent-up anger that all of a sudden snaps back. 

I'm thinking about the people who are trying to paint a picture in which it seems like there's a rapist behind every corner and especially the people who say things like: "we need spaces where only women are allowed to come and debate, because men should just stand aside and learn from us". Seems too radical and incoherent with what feminism is actually about. 

Can you give me an example of feminists who think so?

I can imagine being a female can become pretty paranoid though, there are alot of creeps out there and alot of blurring of the lines between harassment and assault. 

You can actually kind of tell energetically when you're talking to a tolerant vs. an intolerant person and there are tolerant and intolerant feminists. The tolerant ones are doing a great job IMO, the other ones not so much. 

Absolutely, I agree. 

11 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

I think there's some truth to this as well. Some feminists seem to completely dismiss biological factors and kind of encourage men to repress their masculinity. 

Men repress other mens feminity too, macho-culture is still rampant in society. 

It's easy to become identified with an ideology and start interpreting everything from that lens. That only hinders communication and empathy IMO.

Agreed, I try to put the good parts of feminism into my little rolodex instead of saying its all garbage which alot of people do. 

Edited by Rilles

21 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

How so? Purely destructive? Nothing good about it all?

Its a turn off to treat women with dignity? phew... we have along way to go. 

1 hour ago, Farnaby said:

@Farnaby  Well Put ;)

@Rilles don't phew just because you're thinking that what I've truly told ya is a bias that I've picked automatically from my environment.  NOPE. 5 years ago I was a feminist myself because I was young and immature. I was thinking superficially. don't get me wrong, I'm still a big fan of freedom for all of creatures including women. but the hard cold fact is that women would admire you to the sky if they know you area  feminist but they won't be ready to date with you afterwards ;)

5 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

@Rilles don't phew just because you're thinking that what I've truly told ya is a bias that I've picked automatically from my environment.  NOPE. 5 years ago I was a feminist myself because I was young and immature.

Alright! In what way were you a feminist? Did you study it? Or did you just kind of superficially agree with some of its tenets?

I was thinking superficially. don't get me wrong, I'm still a big fan of freedom for all of creatures including women. but the hard cold fact is that women would admire you to the sky if they know you area  feminist but they won't be ready to date with you afterwards ;)

I highly doubt my complex political views would ever come up on a first date anyway. ? I do think it varies from woman to woman though. 

@Rilles alright beware that you don't disclose it ever even in your relationship ?

it's not a complex biology subject like the process of conversion of ADP to ATP and vice versa to take a time to study. it's a simple and naive ideology like Misogyny. 

Edited by hamedsf

2 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

@Rilles alright beware that you don't disclose it ever even in your relationship ?

it's not a complex biology subject like the process of conversion of ADP to ATP and vice versa to take a time to study. it's a simple and naive ideology like Misogyny. 

You have strong stances... but can you give an example why its naive? Is women workers rights naive? Voting rights? Protesting extreme beauty standards? I see these as good things. 

9 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You have strong stances... but can you give an example why its naive? Is women workers rights naive? Voting rights? Protesting extreme beauty standards? I see these as good things. 

those can be brought up independently without getting into feminism. 

and some of women are born models and there's no point to protest against them. ?

Edited by hamedsf

1 minute ago, hamedsf said:

those can be brought up independently without getting into feminism. 

But those ARE feminism?

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

But those ARE feminism?

Good luck with feminism Bro ?

3 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

Good luck with feminism Bro ?

:] 

I have found great wisdom and love in feminist women who support each other and in the end fight for rights and equality support minorities and fight for the basic rights of many human beings they are people who have love in their hearts, I find that many men believe that to be a feminist is to hate men and it is not so and they are intimidated because a woman can make her own decisions and be independent to defend her rights, and if it were not for the history, that these women have achieved for other people many would still be suffering intensely, if it is true that there are cases of extremism but this should not be interpreted as the total, of a thought, women have been ignored for many years and constantly abused and are in all their right to defend themselves and assert their value. And if you want to love a woman you must love her completely, not only the parts that are convenient for you and that what many people don't get, to love a woman is to love all of them, whether they are feminists or not. I can give you a million of examples of amazing women that are just so beautiful and admirable!  feminist and not feminist 

and all those haters of women or feminist do your studies understand them and leave your hate behind is useless and it won't get you anywhere

GOD HAS NO GENDER ;)

Edited by belen

Watch your self-biases!

Before posting your opinions on a thing, pause and notice that you hold those opinions simply because they serve your survival.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Watch your self-biases!

Before posting your opinions on a thing, pause and notice that you hold those opinions simply because they serve your survival.

Who? Me?

I would consider myself a feminist. A lot of people, especially men, tend to just assume that we no longer need feminism because we've achieved gender equality and that feminism is now redundant. I think this is because men don't experience sexism to the same extent as women and tend to just assume that it doesn't exist, or barely exists. I obviously disagree with that. There are still a lot of issues in society relating to gender inequality that we need to overcome as a society.