Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kross

Slap Me

9 posts in this topic

Out of lazyness.

Since past few months now I've been extremely non-productive and it is getting worse and worse. I was not always this way. But now, even the thought of working (for anything) turns me off. I can see that I'm actively creating this identity of ''a lazy normie who can't work hard'' and I'm afraid this will take me deeper and deeper till I'm at a point of no return. 

Its like though I don't really even feel that bad being like this, but have a sense that I might pay heavy consequences if this doesn't change rather quickly. Comfortzone101.

Can you suggest something which I should do right now/start doing regularly which will cause my mind and body to work ? 

Thanks.

Edited by Kross

You will eventually get bored with this attitude and start doing something.

Or maybe you will end up as the Dude from Big Lebowski...

But seriously, since you are questioning this attitude of yours, don´t you have any goal or passion to follow? Maybe start out with that.

@Potato People King I do have some goals and passions to follow, and if was able to follow effectively, I would consider that being productive - which I'm not being able to.

32 minutes ago, Kross said:

@Potato People King I do have some goals and passions to follow, and if was able to follow effectively, I would consider that being productive - which I'm not being able to.

Do you have an idea why are you like that? I mean, have you tried to think really hard about what could be the cause of your laziness?

@Kross

Stop! Literally stop whatever it is that you're currently doing on a regular or an irregular basis. Heard of dopamine detox? Might want to check that out. You'll see good results in a few days.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Potato People King  To be honest, no, I've not thought hard enough why I'm like this currently, I have this thought in my head (strengthened by past experiences) that even if I do, whatever solution I come up with will not get manifested properly and eventually I'll return to homeostasis.

Edited by Kross

You have to flow with your biology.

We are evolved to take the path of least resistance: it's energy conservation - forget what's in your head. It's natural.

But nature isn't stupid.

If there is enough energy (food) to go around, then, to counterbalance that our bodies need to be constantly in motion. If you go against it, you'll pay heavily with ill physical and mental health. Not tomorrow, or the day after, but eventually.

Which way will you go?

All stories and explanations are false.

Brute force and will power are not the answer to all life's problems.

one day this will all be memories