Jay Ray

what does the brain do?

26 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

So Leo, what is your opinion then on the future of AI?  Is it "impossible" to generate artificial consciousness?  It is very easy to create organic life, and there seems to be no "limitation" on organic production, so why would God limit our ability to bestow consciousness on machine life?  

If the brain channels infinite consciousness into finite consciousness, shouldn't an artificial brain be capable of doing the same thing?  If not, why?  If so, what does that imply?  (ie. IF conscious AI can be built, does that invalidate all of nonduality?  It would experience Being with no self, and yet be finite and limited)

It feels like a wrench in the system, but I would love to hear more on this.

You have no proper frame of reference to understand such things.

First awaken.

Then let's see if your questions still even make sense to you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

So Leo, what is your opinion then on the future of AI?  Is it "impossible" to generate artificial consciousness?  It is very easy to create organic life, and there seems to be no "limitation" on organic production, so why would God limit our ability to bestow consciousness on machine life?  

If the brain channels infinite consciousness into finite consciousness, shouldn't an artificial brain be capable of doing the same thing?  If not, why?  If so, what does that imply?  (ie. IF conscious AI can be built, does that invalidate all of nonduality?  It would experience Being with no self, and yet be finite and limited)

It feels like a wrench in the system, but I would love to hear more on this.

this is a good answer imo

47 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

So Leo, what is your opinion then on the future of AI?  Is it "impossible" to generate artificial consciousness? 

Do you think consciousness is something which is tangible or creatable? :) lol. Consciousness is all there is. There is no such a thing as human or ai. Do you think you are conscious of what you are right now, before understanding applying consciousness on robots ? Lol

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have no proper frame of reference to understand such things.

First awaken.

Then let's see if your questions still even make sense to you.

I'm doing my best, sir.  I realize that at this point it's all a conceptual framework and I don't yet have a foothold in direct experience on what awakening truly is.

An interesting sidenote, on a recent LSD trip I had a vivid apparition of me strangling myself.  While it felt bleak, I believe this was my ego fighting for its life in the midst of a determined quest to divorce it from my sense of self.  I hope this means I am getting closer.

14 hours ago, peachboy said:

1. God wants to go on vacation from being God.

2. God realises such a vacation implies ignorance.

3. God (worried about becoming eternally ignorant) imagines a fail safe mechanism for a safe return home.

4. God also realises God could realise God is God while ignorant.

5. God (worried about realising God is God while ignorant) imagines a fail safe mechanism for a stable existence on vacation.

6. God invents brain.

7. Hitler invades Poland.

Hahahahaha

17 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Contrary to the materialist view, consciousness is not generated by the brain, rather, everything is consciousness and the brain’s role is merely focusing consciousness into a singular and specific perspective, where as without it, your perspective would be infinite and therefore you would be formless.  

At the same time though, the brain is being completely imagined by consciousness, and what you consider to be form and limited is simultaneously formlessness and unlimited to begin with.  Yes, it is a paradox. 

Agreed.

Brains do not exist. 

From your POV, you don't have a head/face, instead, you imagine the world around you.