Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nick_98

Is every human ready to practice spirituality ?

15 posts in this topic

I would prefer to elaborate using a questionnaire format. Put in the back of your mind the ramifications / dangers that could impact someone's life from spiritual work. 

Who could you say shouldn't practice this work ? 

When should someone take a break from doing spiritual work ?

How could someone identify the time he should take a break from spiritual work ?

What should someone put in his mind to help advance in his practice ?

If someone doesn't have a spiritual teacher or someone close to him doing the work , shouldn't he practice ?

Note:

1-Anyone who has walked the path long enough feel free to give your insights, whether by answering one question or more, or just ranting.

2-I feel like I'm ready to bite the bullet and start taking the work more seriously , but I thought a topic like that wouldn't hurt me to share.

The term "spiritual" is so vast... what IS spirituality really? Some people take 5 minutes to meditate each morning and that makes their life better. Others make altars and complex rituals with their spirit guides and angels. Some read a book on how to become a better version of themselves. Others again make colour therapy or listen to subliminals. Some others hire a coach or psychologist to become who they really are and advance their work. To each his own! You didn't mention what practices you do..

But my idea is, that as long as you don't become obsessed with the things you label "spiritual" (because in reality there's no distinction between material and spiritual), you can do anything you wish. It all should serve a purpose though. It's not just about becoming "a spiritual person", but first you have to know what you're aiming for. Enlightenment, better health, knowing yourself better, working through your traumas, connecting with God/angels for guidance, exploring the hidden, becoming more mindful in your actions... There has to be a tangible goal.

I came to realise that spirituality for spirituality's sake is a rabbithole. Why? Because the danger of it is wasting a lot of time exploring ideas that might not be part of reality. My friends who pursued spirituality and philosophy told me they came to suffer because their mind wouldn't let them live life fully! All they did was explore ideas and possibilities, and they didn't put it in practice. And I saw famous people even seemingly getting lost in their ideas and beliefs about reality because of the weird stuff they focused their life on.

So if you're ever going to become more "spiritual", take care of not alienating yourself from the real world. 

Spirituality is basically playing and experimenting with the mind in the hope you will find something out. 

Like with some sciences I guess there is a dead end. It's good to realize it early on otherwise you wasted time and energy that you will not get back and regret it. Or worse as you are too invested you make a cult of it as you don't have a life anyway.

The average person is so brainwashed, it would be much better to start by questioning very superficial beliefs, i.e. "Will this job really get me there?", "What is happiness?", "Why do I want to cum inside her vagina\Let this guy cum inside me", "Why should I listen to my parents?",  "Why I should listen to professors\news\friends", "How am I getting brainwashed?", "Where I can be wrong in my beliefs?" , etc. 

But, of course, almost no people ask these questions, even that is too deep

49 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

The average person is so brainwashed, it would be much better to start by questioning very superficial beliefs, i.e. "Will this job really get me there?", "What is happiness?", "Why do I want to cum inside her vagina\Let this guy cum inside me", "Why should I listen to my parents?",  "Why I should listen to professors\news\friends", "How am I getting brainwashed?", "Where I can be wrong in my beliefs?" , etc. 

But, of course, almost no people ask these questions, even that is too deep

They don't ask because there are no answers. After the why it never ends another why will come. So he has to answer the why with some random answer as he has to make a decision. 

Lost in the why is not always a fun way to live. Actually I guess often people come to the why's because they are miserable and don't see other options. 

The whys broght Adam in trouble in the first place. The whys can become a disease.

Edited by Epikur

1 minute ago, Epikur said:

They don't ask because there are no answers. After the why it never ends another why will come. So he has to answer the why with some random answer as he has to make a decision. 

Lost in the why is not always a fun way to live. Actually I guess often people come to the why's because they are miserable and don't see other options. 

The whys broght Adam in trouble in the first place. The why's can become a disease.

I think if I better articulate it, my point is that average person should focus on deconstructing societal conditioning first, before going to something much larger. 

I see so many people are preoccupied with what their parents will think of them or with thoughts that if they don't have children it will make them bad people, or that they have to fit in and lie (consciously) about stuff, it's just a disaster.

I just don't see AT ALL how these people can climb the meditation stages or get some bits of extraordinary understanding of reality when most of them have no clue how to find the simple decent job that pays bills, let alone creating a life purpose type of job or\and staring their own business. 

I think spirituality is way harder than starting a business and 98-99% of people fail at this spectacularly even though a lot of people try to do it. And for spirituality, a very tiny % of people actually try it, because doing spiritually isn't something mainstream in our culture, so even less percent of success here

@Nick_98

After a few years of walking the spiritual path, I would advise anyone new to this whole domain to thread carefully.

Slow and steady wins the race I feel.

This perspective might well be influenced by my relative low-point I’m in atm though.

Going balls deep into spirituality whilst being young and not having mastered basic domains in life can be challenging from my experience.

On the one hand building relationships, skills, business, whilst also dissolving your sense of self and reality simultaneously.. it’s pretty daym exhausting tbh lol.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

31 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

I think if I better articulate it, my point is that average person should focus on deconstructing societal conditioning first, before going to something much larger. 

I see so many people are preoccupied with what their parents will think of them or with thoughts that if they don't have children it will make them bad people, or that they have to fit in and lie (consciously) about stuff, it's just a disaster.

I just don't see AT ALL how these people can climb the meditation stages or get some bits of extraordinary understanding of reality when most of them have no clue how to find the simple decent job that pays bills, let alone creating a life purpose type of job or\and staring their own business. 

I think spirituality is way harder than starting a business and 98-99% of people fail at this spectacularly even though a lot of people try to do it. And for spirituality, a very tiny % of people actually try it, because doing spiritually isn't something mainstream in our culture, so even less percent of success here

I mean you are right but that is not something new. It's like saying simbabwe will hardly make it to the moon because they don't have the foundations. Well yes.

The next step is why and are there faster ways to get higher?

Some places like Tibet, India, Thailand have meditation in their culture. It helps somewhat but not too much.

Life is messy and meditation seems to be a way for the few. I think spirituality is not reasonable at all because it kills the will to make kids and life. You become nihilistic relativistic basically. It does kind of go against how we think nature works. 

10 hours ago, Aquarius said:

You didn't mention what practices you do..

What do I want to practice ?

"Any" kind of stuff that makes me discover who I am, I think consistent meditation is what my mind points at, putting psychedelics on the side. Not because of a personal reason, but it's just not so available where I live.

10 hours ago, Identity said:

@Nick_98

This perspective might well be influenced by my relative low-point I’m in atm though.

Going balls deep into spirituality whilst being young and not having mastered basic domains in life can be challenging from my experience.

On the one hand building relationships, skills, business, whilst also dissolving your sense of self and reality simultaneously.. it’s pretty daym exhausting tbh lol.

What does your relative low point feels like ? Do you feel hopeless , confused , frustrated ,or guilty ?

What does "challenging" mean from your perspective ?

Do you mean you have to turn into a cave man to advance in knowing yourself ..? Does leading an ordinary life while practicing on the side diminish your ability? How can it affect your life relatively to before you started ?

15 hours ago, Nick_98 said:

Who could you say shouldn't practice this work ? 

Criminals, or anyone else who is dysfunctional in such a way that impedes them from being independent law abiding adults.

When should someone take a break from doing spiritual work ?

When it's clear they are neglecting their survival life so bad it's going to bite them in the ass or it's hurting their family

What should someone put in his mind to help advance in his practice ?

That Rome wasn't built in a day. You have an entire lifetime. Play the long game and stop seeking the "high" so much. It will come when you're ready.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Nick_98 Hmm, I feel a mix of things, kind of hard to describe. Unbalanced is the word I would choose. 

Well, most people would say your first serious relationship is challenging. Starting your first business is challenging. I think most young people have their hands quite full with ‘normal things’ in life, especially if you set high standards. 
Adding spirituality into that mix takes it to a whole other level. The video from Leo on ‘the dangers of spirituality’ or something like that gives more insight into that.

Things like fear, loneliness, shifts in energy, pain, etc are likely to be encountered. 
I’m not saying I would advise someone to not do it. The opposite, I’m still glad I found this path.

For myself, if I could do it over, I would probably choose my battles more wisely, focus on less domains at once, plan for a longer time-horizon.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

6 hours ago, Identity said:

For myself, if I could do it over, I would probably choose my battles more wisely, focus on less domains at once, plan for a longer time-horizon.

Sounds wise. Thanks for your feedback. One more question here ..

I'm 21, junior year in college. How many hours a month do you think is optimal to practice? Or in other words .How would you plan your schedule if you were me ?

@Nick_98 I can’t really make that call for you, I don’t know where you are at and what your life looks like.

However, if you’re totally new to this, I would suggest building a consistent meditation practice of say 30 minutes a day (might need to build it up from 10 or so).

Maybe do that consistently for a year, than see if you want to add things into the mix.

Again, just an idea.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Listen to your heart and be patient, kind, and accepting of yourself.

All of these questions are answered if you are connected to your intuition. God speaks to you in each moment through your own personal thoughts and emotions. Listen.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<