Shiva99

I want to kill my ego

24 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

What is outside of your expectations?

Good question, I truly do not know...I am trying to image it, very hard, lol, but I can't :)

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

4 hours ago, Shiva99 said:

I'm totally sick of my mind and ego. As soon as i wake up, there is peace for about 2mins, but after that my mind takes over for the rest of the day. It's a wave of annoyance, intrusive thoughts etc. I'm conscious of my thoughts, but i can't stop the identification. It goes automatically.  Meditation helps me, but only while i'm doing it, and a little bit after that. It doesn't last for long usually. What can i do? I want to ground myself in the present moment 24/7.

Find a practice you can do in your day to day life.

14 hours ago, Shiva99 said:

I'm totally sick of my mind and ego. As soon as i wake up, there is peace for about 2mins, but after that my mind takes over for the rest of the day.

Are you talking about your conscious mind?

Because if your mind takes over 2 minutes after you've woken up for the rest of the day, it seems to me that there is a connection between being awake, and an active mind/ego. As in your mind goes "online" soon after waking up, and then shuts down when you fall asleep at the days end. Maybe it is not the mind itself that is the problem (unless you want to be in a state of endless sleep) , but the specific thoughts that occupy your mind?