Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nak Khid

Russell Brand makes the case that Joe Biden is too middle of the road to win

26 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Vipassana said:

@Serotoninluv @Opo I wasnt justifying putting kids in cages, I was just addressing the fact that Trump isn't the sole evil doer & maybe you are as responsible as Trump for separating kids from their parents and putting them in cages.

And yes Obama seperated kids from their parents. 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/sep/13/joe-biden/fact-checking-biden-use-cages-during-obama-adminis/

Lol this is from your article. 

"We’ve noted that Obama did not have a policy to separate families arriving illegally at the border, and that separations under Trump happened systematically as a result of his administration’s policy to prosecute all adults crossing the border illegally."

@Serotoninluv I wasnt justifying putting kids in cages, I was just addressing the fact that Trump isn't the sole evil doer

Of course Trump isn’t the first evil doer in history. He is an evil doer currently traumatizing children by separating them from their parents and putting them in cages.

From the article you yourself linked:

"We’ve noted that Obama did not have a policy to separate families arriving illegally at the border, and that separations under Trump happened systematically as a result of his administration’s policy to prosecute all adults crossing the border illegally."

Do not spread misinformation on the forum.

@Serotoninluv @Opo do a freakin google search man. He didnt have a built in policy to cage children but nevertheless he built the cages which childrens were caged with many instances of children being separated from their parents during his presidency. I am quite aware of the zero tolerance policy & yes its ugly but its not something that is just now happening. I would assume that there were hundreds of instances of children being seperated from their parents during Obamas presidency which flew unnoticed because that wasnt the big elephant in the room. Atleast Trump is semi-transparent with his devilry & people with discernment will vote against him but to give a nobel peace prize to whom in my opinion is a war criminal is super deceptive.

I guess I just dont like Obama 

Edited by Vipassana

38 minutes ago, Vipassana said:

@Serotoninluv do a freakin google search man. He didnt have a built in policy to cage children but nevertheless he built the cages which childrens were caged with many instances of children being separated from their parents during his presidency.

Don’t mischaracterize the situation and blur lines. Obama and Trump were VERY different in regards to separating children from their parents. 

Under Obama, in rare caseschildren were separated from their parents because the parent posed a threat to the child or the parent was ill. As well, some children arrived to the border already separated from their parents. This is a VERY different dynamic than Trump intentionally separating as many children as possible through policy.

Context matters. Yes, Obama deserves some criticism. Yet, if you want to criticize Obama, do so from above with a well-informed, accurate view. Don’t criticize from below with a poorly-informed distorted view.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/08/falsehoods-about-family-separations-linger-online/

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/did-the-obama-administration-separate-families/

@Serotoninluv I apologize, I admit that I got blind sided by my own projections & its obvious that I'm not well informed. My aim wasn't to defend Trump. I've been trying to talk with people who glorify Obama blindly & knit pick instances to criticize Trump as the sole devil so I unconsciously lashed out in this forum and before I realized, I had an ideology to defend. 

34 minutes ago, Vipassana said:

@Serotoninluv I've been trying to talk with people who glorify Obama blindly & knit pick instances to criticize Trump as the sole devil

I agree with you that there were misdeeds before Trump came along. From my POV, a fair characterization in this situation is that there was cruelty at the border under Obama, yet the cruelty became more severe under Trump. 

Humans love to create heroes and idolize them. It’s hard to look at the flaws in our heroes. Comparing one’s hero to a villain can trigger defense mechanisms. Yet, contrasting a hero with a higher hero can be disarming because it offers a new option. For example, Bernie Sanders wants to end Trump’s family separation policy AND Obama’s / Trump’s practice of caging people at the border. This is disarming to Obama apologists because it offers a better option. Bernie wants to end all human caging at the border. This is a step up, yet the tendency would be to idolize the new and improved hero as being flawless.