knakoo

How to avoid or deal with a bad trip + supplements and tools to deepen LSD trips

10 posts in this topic

This was my answer to a thread name "A LSD trip almost killed me", but I cannot find the thread anymore. Maybe this could be useful for some people.

"If you ever try LSD again, with low doses (I hope you do!), you can use megadose of valerian (15-20 pills) to kill any anxiety if that comes up.  

The great thing about valerian is that it doesn't kill the trip and you can still have a great experience after. Though it take some time to work (maybe 20min), so maybe a fast acting benzo could be useful if the experience gets too bad. 

Hawthorn is also great, very powerful to slow down the heart rate and relax. I take it before every trip (5 pills), but you could also use it for an emergency. 

A long cold shower (as long as you can stand), is a great way to reset your mental state and even deepen your awakenings (I take 2-3 cold showers during each trip). You can do 5-10 min cold/freezing, then warm water as long as you want, then some cold again. This combo is amazing :)

I can also recommend these supplements that have great synergy with LSD and that I use for every trip. Compare to Hawthorn, these supplements help you relax but also make the trip more powerful, so to avoid during a bad trip. However using them with lower starting doses of LSD, could increase your chances of having a great experience :

https://www.cocooncenter.co.uk/naturland-organic-relaxation-complex-90-tablets/16889.html (15-20 pills before the trip)

https://www.onatera.com/produit-stabilium-200-90-capsules-yalacta,129.html (10-15 pills before the trip)

The following supplements also have great synergy with LSD and I sometimes use them in the second part of the trips, after the peak :

L-theanine, Reishi, maitake, shiitake, holy basil, bacopa, griffonia 

Use recommended dosages to start because it can be quite powerful

I also noticed that if I take them the day before, my trips are quite stronger.

Also look into binaural sounds for healing. You can use them during trips or sober. I can recommend these ones (I had very powerful healing and heart opening experiences using them) :

https://www.iawaketechnologies.com/product/heartwave-meditation/

https://www.iawaketechnologies.com/releasing-tracks-description/ (part of the Profound Meditation Program 3.0)

Also this one is amazing for deeper awakenings :

https://www.iawaketechnologies.com/product/infinity/ (can't recommend this one enough!)

I hope you will get better and I wish you the best :)"

Here is a page from "The Psychedelic Experience" by Timothy Leary, Richard Alpert and Ralph Metzner
It's for the re-entry after ego-death but it also helps in other confusing states. It always helped me so far!
Basically its a concentration exercise.

O (insert name)
You have still not understood what is happening.
So far you have been searching for your past personality.
Unable to find it, you may begin to feel that you will never be the same again,
That you will come back a changed person.
Saddend by this you will feel self-pity,
You will attempt to find your ego, to regain control.
So thinking, you will wander here and there,
Ceaselessly and distractredly.
Different images of your future self will be seen by you;
The one you are headed for will be seen most clearly.
The special art of these teachings is particulary important at this moment.
Whatever image you see,
Meditate upon it as coming from the Buddha-
That level of existence als exists in thhe Buddha.
This is an exceedingly profound art.
It will free you from your present confusion.
Mediatate upon (name of pretecttive ideal) for as long as possible.
Visualize him as a form produced by a magician,
Then let this image melt away,
Starting with the extremities,
Till nothing remains visible.
Put yourself in state of Clearness and Voidness;
Abide in that state for a while.
Then mediate again on your protective ideal.
Then again on the Clear Light.
Do this alternately.
Afterwards, allow your own mind also to melt away gradually.
Wherever the air pervades, conciousness prevades.
Wherever consciousness pervades, serene ecstasy pervades.
Abide tranquilly inn tthe uncreated state of serenity.
In that state, paranoid rebirth will be prevented.
Perfect enlightennment will be gained.

Thanks for this. This is great! I think one of the best tools for deepening LSD trips is a hardcore meditation practice.

Also Calm Whales on YouTube is great. Similar to binaural beats but better in my experience. Extremely potent effects while tripping. 

I like to use some ALD-52 along with another LSD analog. Even a small amount greatly helps to reduce anxiety. Rectal administration also helps a lot.

Edited by Username

34 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Thanks for this. This is great! I think one of the best tools for deepening LSD trips is a hardcore meditation practice.

Also Calm Whales on YouTube is great. Similar to binaural beats but better in my experience. Extremely potent effects while tripping. 

You are welcome. Yeah meditating a lot, especially the days before a trip is great. Also walking in nature if possible.

Forgot to mention that the Wim Hof breathing method is great as well during a trip.

Thank you for mentioning Clam Whales. Is there a sound that you recommend in particular ?

23 minutes ago, Username said:

I like to use some ALD-52 along with another LSD analog. Even a small amount greatly helps to reduce anxiety. Rectal administration also helps a lot.

I had my most powerful trips mixing ALD-52 with 1P. I would start by taking a medium dose of ALD-52 and get into a very peaceful state, then take a good dose of 1P after 2h - 2h30. The last time I did that it was so strong that it scared me a little bit. I felt that if I had not completely let go in the moment that could have been traumatic (but it was amazing). So for now I am avoiding the combo. But for sure the 2 have a synergetic effect. Maybe especially with the plants I am using.

rectal administration of LSD ?? What are the benefits in your opinion ?

Edited by knakoo

N-acetylcisteine seems to reduce overthinking and anxiety too. I tried around 70ug LSD two times, with and without NAC. When I did without NAC I would get weird thought loops and anxiety. NAC allowed me to concentrate on the trip and have a more pleasant experience overall.

4 hours ago, knakoo said:

You are welcome. Yeah meditating a lot, especially the days before a trip is great. Also walking in nature if possible.

Forgot to mention that the Wim Hof breathing method is great as well during a trip.

Thank you for mentioning Clam Whales. Is there a sound that you recommend in particular ?

They're all really good. I'd recommend listening and finding some that resonate with you personally, kind of like music. However I've found this one in particular to be a gateway to connecting with the divine feminine: 

Phenibut also quiets anxiety, yet it can become habit forming - so one needs to be responsible with it.

Also, just carrying a benzo can help reduce anxiety. A big part of my anxiety was the sense of uncertainty during loss of control and the sense that I can’t make this stop. Just having a benzo handy helped soooo much. I knew I could kill the trip if I wanted to, that allowed me to ease up and go further without getting traumatized. And I never took the benzo. It was just having it available. For all I know, it was a sugar pill.

I’d also be mindful of over-doing it on quieting anxiety. We don’t want to traumatize the mind and body, yet the mind and body can recover from quite a bit of intensity. Anxiety can be a component of facing certain things and realizing certain things. Some of my post powerful trips have had a strong anxiety component. If someone tries to artificially create only blissful trips filled with butterflies and rainbows, they will miss out on a lot. 

15 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Phenibut also quiets anxiety, yet it can become habit forming - so one needs to be responsible with it.

Also, just carrying a benzo can help reduce anxiety. A big part of my anxiety was the sense of uncertainty during loss of control and the sense that I can’t make this stop. Just having a benzo handy helped soooo much. I knew I could kill the trip if I wanted to, that allowed me to ease up and go further without getting traumatized. And I never took the benzo. It was just having it available. For all I know, it was a sugar pill.

I’d also be mindful of over-doing it on quieting anxiety. We don’t want to traumatize the mind and body, yet the mind and body can recover from quite a bit of intensity. Anxiety can be a component of facing certain things and realizing certain things. Some of my post powerful trips have had a strong anxiety component. If someone tries to artificially create only blissful trips filled with butterflies and rainbows, they will miss out on a lot. 

Phenibut is very powerful but creates a crash 2 days after taking it, when you feel quite depressed (at least it did for me and my brother). Anyone who wants to mix that with LSD should be very cautious.

Yeah for sure it's helpful !

For me I noticed that if I was too anxious in the come up I would not have an ego death, so it's why I started using anxiolytic plants. Now I feel incredible ecstasy every time I trip so I am keeping the same protocol for now. But yeah I agree people should not over-do it on quieting anxiety.