Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiva99

Job hunting fear

10 posts in this topic

I've been rejected so much, that i think i've created a complex around finding a job. At this point it's very hard for me to apply for a job, or even go to a temporary agency because i've been rejected so much. Whenever i go to a job interview, it always seems to be just fine, they say i'm a good candidate, but yet they always pick someone else for the job, or never call me back. My motivation to get employed is almost none existent at this point, and it's ruining me. I'm sick of being unemployed, but no matter what i do i can't get out of this rut it seems. Whenever i have to call now, or go to an interview something totally blocks. I can't do it anymore for some reason.

Edited by Shiva99

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Maybe you haven't tried enough. Or it's not for you. Of course it sounds stupid but I mean that maybe something needs to happen for you to get a job in the right place.

1 hour ago, Strangeloop said:

maybe something needs to happen for you to get a job in the right place.

Like what? A miracle? Lol.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

It all comes down to the amount of numbers really. You have to consider that there might be a lot of other candidates. While you could be a good pick maybe you did not stand out as much as some others. I recommend working on your interviewing skills and really preparing a good resume. I have had great luck with going in and personally checking in on the application after I submitted it. 

It will be alright. Like I said it really comes down to it being a numbers game. I imagine that the job market is a bit more slim. I know in the US there is a a very high unemployment rate currently. I can imagine other places around the world are facing similar issues. 

Do you want a job?

Persistance is very important if you want to achieve anything in life. You have to stand up, fall again, learn and adapt. You can always give up, many do. Maybe job hunting isnt for you. What are the alternatives?

4 hours ago, universe said:

Do you want a job?

Persistance is very important if you want to achieve anything in life. You have to stand up, fall again, learn and adapt. You can always give up, many do.

Been looking for several months. I have coaches that i meetup with, and they can't believe i still haven't land myself a job. They tell me i'm one of the guys that send out the most job applications. 

4 hours ago, universe said:

Maybe job hunting isnt for you. What are the alternatives?

Yea what are the alternatives? I don't know. All i know is that i'm going crazy and i'm deeply ashamed because i'm on benefits right now. Being on benefits is killing me inside everyday. I'm so ashamed of it. I'm too conscientious to not care being on benefits. 

Edited by Shiva99

19 hours ago, Average Investor said:

It all comes down to the amount of numbers really. You have to consider that there might be a lot of other candidates. While you could be a good pick maybe you did not stand out as much as some others. I recommend working on your interviewing skills and really preparing a good resume. I have had great luck with going in and personally checking in on the application after I submitted it. 

It will be alright. Like I said it really comes down to it being a numbers game. I imagine that the job market is a bit more slim. I know in the US there is a a very high unemployment rate currently. I can imagine other places around the world are facing similar issues. 

I'm meeting up with a coach 2 times a month. We've been through many resumes together. It's just not working. My bad work history with depression and anxiety is still ruining my prospects to this day. 

Edited by Shiva99

Here are some alternatives:

• Start a business
  • Do freelance work
  • Work on your depression etc. maybe see a therapist
  • Do networking, go to events, talk to people. This is how I got my last job.
  • Just work and help wherever you can for free.
  • Become friends with rich people
  • Date rich people
  • Marry rich people
  • Look if there are programms you could enroll into that are designed for people like you
  • Learn a new skill
  • Go to school
  • Go to university
  • Travel
  • Work & Travel
  • Volunteer work
  • Setup a profile and talk to an agency that is specialized in lending their workers to employers.
  • Go to a retreat (vipassana is for free)
  • Look for more answers on what you can do (Other forums, people, psychedelics)

These are just a few that came to my mind. Also Id consider changing the coach if he doesnt give you the results you want.

that's understandable...

don't make a personal story for yourself out of the past failures. we're human and we can be rejected and be failed at something so many times, most of humans make mistake and they say I'm a person is rejected in certain things and such and such situations. anytime you make a belief out of that, it will truly happen for you. try to take steps against the belief that you've already operating on, say like developing communication skills that can show your confidence in the interview, I know it can be hard but it's not impossible, gradually you'll see that faulty belief will soon be removed!  

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 16/06/2020 at 8:29 AM, Shiva99 said:

I've been rejected so much, that i think i've created a complex around finding a job. At this point it's very hard for me to apply for a job, or even go to a temporary agency because i've been rejected so much. Whenever i go to a job interview, it always seems to be just fine, they say i'm a good candidate, but yet they always pick someone else for the job, or never call me back. My motivation to get employed is almost none existent at this point, and it's ruining me. I'm sick of being unemployed, but no matter what i do i can't get out of this rut it seems. Whenever i have to call now, or go to an interview something totally blocks. I can't do it anymore for some reason.

Lmfao. Really? 

Try dating in the modern era lololol

I always look at my experiences with sales as a college kid. I paid my way through on purely commission base and crushing it with sales. Top of the country club on the regular. Do you understand the amount of rejections? 

How about dating? Flaking? Hooking up? Ghosting? People dropping off and suddenly returning with some excuse of being "busy" which is code for getting run over and chucked. Its a shit show but such is life. 

You must develop a spine and back bone. You will eventually get a shitty job and you will hate it. You will want to look for another. Combined with pandemic, the economy tanking, and consumer spending at a all time low, employers aren't hiring. If you don't have a STEM degree and marketable in need skills, its not a good time. 

Consider upgrading your skills. Learn to code. Learn how to market. Your new job is seeking employment. Tap into your network. Check LinkedIn. Be strategic about it not bombing resumes online.