Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nak Khid

Seattle activists set up Autonomous Zone called "Chaz"

19 posts in this topic

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan: Protesters Could Have 'The Summer Of Love' In The 'Autonomous Zone'

the summer of infinite love? 

Edited by Nak Khid

This is a very complex nuanced set of issues and it’s amazing to watch things unfold.

I appreciate Durkan’s comment that “Trump doesn’t understand why the protestors are protesting”. This may seem obvious, yet it’s an important factor. I don’t think Trump is even capable of understanding why the protestors are protesting. He has no ability to empathize or see things from another perspective. Unfortunately, without this understanding he will not be able to deal with the situation from a holistic vantage point.

I also appreciate Durkan’s comment about having a “summer of love”. This is a reference back to 100,000 hippies that gathered in San Francisco in 1967. They were about “free love”, anti-war and tripping on psychedelics and smoking cannabis. President Nixon demonized the hippies as criminal drug users. Many of the peaceful hippies were arrested and psychedelics and cannabis were made illegal as the most dangerous class of substance (the same category as crystal meth.)

I’ve seen people make connections to Trump and Nixon by the way they handled protests of racial injustice - for example the “Law and Order” phrase. Yet I also think connections can be made regarding how they relate peaceful protestors. They both despise he peaceful protestors and want to demonize them. They both see them as threatening. . . . There were many beautiful dynamics of unity and love within the peaceful hippy protestors, yet Nixon couldn’t see it. As well, there are many beautiful dynamics of unity and love within today’s peaceful protests, yet Trump can’t see it. And if the protestors were tripping of psychedelics, I’m sure Trump would try to demonize them as drug users and push to have them arrested - just like Nixon. . . I’m seeing more and more how Trump admires Nixon and was influenced by Nixon and one of the links was Trump’s father. 

They did this in Denmark in the 70s... pretty interesting. Wish them the best. 

On 13/06/2020 at 2:47 PM, Lyubov said:

They did this in Denmark in the 70s... pretty interesting. Wish them the best. 

yep same thing in Australia:

fucken cops at it again

Local Black guy bashes up the Chop, accuses of it being a white movement

LIVE  upcoming June 26, 8AM est U.S.  

- Seattle Police take back CHOP/CHAZ East Precinct Station

LIVE NOW  6/26/2020    the mayor is coming soon but they are not sure.

Edited by Nak Khid

Police are there click the above , it's going down soon

Trucks with flashing headlights are standing ready to take down barricades 

Edited by Nak Khid

Seattle Police clear Chop/Chaz,    cars driving though 

arrested 23 people various charges, area now off limits to public as per mayor

LIVE FEED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPRxNra8opM

(4 shootings internally in Chop earlier in week, 2 deaths 16 and 19 years old, Chop activist claim due to pre-existing gang problem in area)

Edited by Nak Khid

Seattle Police clear Chop/Chaz,

How police approached (earlier)

Edited by Nak Khid

Seems like the "peaceful blockparty" has ended. The protestors can make the party in the major's house then. After all she liked "the summer of love blockparty". 

Edited by Epikur

Seattle "CHOP" Zone Class Action Lawsuit EXPLAINED - Viva & Barnes Live Stream HIGHLIGHT

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-seattle-mayor-gov-inslee-over-chop-zone/281-088f3acf-6a31-481d-beaa-04df20193c0e

Class action lawsuit filed against Seattle mayor, Gov. Inslee over CHOP zone

The lawsuit filed claims Seattle city leaders and Gov. Inslee failed to protect residents near and around the CHOP zone.

SEATTLE — A class-action lawsuit was filed against Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and Governor Jay Inslee over their handling of the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP) zone. 

Attorney Jacob Bozeman filed the lawsuit and said he has nothing against the cause that's being promoted at the CHOP zone, but he's concerned about the actions of the state and local leaders. 

"What would happen if every political group or special interest group wanted to take over a portion of the city?" said Bozeman. "So nothing was being done, nothing happened and I thought it was a very obvious abdication on the part of the mayor and the city and the state since the state was doing nothing." 

The lawsuit filed in Federal Court claims Seattle city leaders and Gov. Inslee failed to protect residents near and around the CHOP zone by allowing their “respective jurisdictions to become lawless autonomous zones, which denies persons living within, and outside of these jurisdictions the equal protection of the laws.”

Bozeman has been an attorney for 27 years and said he has never filed a lawsuit like this before. He said he isn't seeking a dollar amount in terms of relief, he just wants a policy change to prevent other groups from taking over the area again.