EnergyGem

QiGong Masters Explanation of Enlightenment

18 posts in this topic

This is an excerpt from a book called Zhaun Falun (Turning The Law Wheel).

In this excerpt it explains what Enlightenment is and what it entails from a QiGong Masters perspective:

"So if energy practices have such a long history, you might be wondering just what exactly they’re for. I can tell you that ours is an advanced Buddhist method of spiritual practice, and so it seeks to bring you to divinity, or what’s known as “Buddhahood.” And Daoist methods, similarly, seek to foster enlightenment, or enable you to “attain the Way,” as it’s called. The idea of becoming divine shouldn’t seem absurd, or far out, as it may to some. For example, take the concept of Buddha.

It’s a term from the ancient Indian language known as Sanskrit. The term has undergone various permutations in China since arriving there long ago, being translated phonetically as foah-toah, foo-too, and eventually just foah. Translated into our own language today, the term simply means “one who has awakened,” and refers to any being who has gained a state of awakening through spiritual discipline. So it shouldn’t seem that far-fetched.

Consider that extraordinary powers can come to those who engage in spiritual discipline. While six types of powers are now generally recognized, there are in fact a myriad number that exist. There are individuals who can, just while sitting in place, do things that normally even physical action couldn’t accomplish; or they might be able to see the true workings of the universe in multiple dimensions, and how it really is, and see things that are invisible to others. I think you would have to agree, then, that they have attained a higher state of awakening, or spiritual attainment, and are no longer mere mortals. So it’s only fitting to call them spiritually awakened, holy, or divine—or in ancient Indian terms, a “Buddha.” And this is what these practices are in fact meant to achieve.

Some people can’t imagine why anyone would want to do practices like chi-gong or tai-chi for anything other than health. The implication being that that’s all they are for. But that’s a very shallow view of these. People can’t be faulted for thinking that way, though, because many instructors of these practices are only focused on health, and nobody is offering guidance of a higher, more spiritual sort. I don’t mean to imply anything bad about what they’re teaching. That’s the role that they are meant to play—to keep it at the level of health and popularize these arts.

But many people are looking for something more, for something spiritual, that can take them further. Yet without a true spiritual teaching to guide them, it’s going to be hard and they are apt to get into trouble. Instruction of a higher sort involves bigger things, naturally enough, and so you really have to go about it in a way that’s responsible to people, or the world. And that is why we have had good results all around. Some of what we talk about is a bit lofty, for sure, and to some people it might sound hard to believe. So I’ll do my best to draw scientific parallels to help make sense of things.

Some of the things we’ll be discussing provoke strong reactions from people, who quickly dismiss them. They think that anything that isn’t known to science, that they haven’t personally experienced, or that seems impossible to them must be nonsense and divorced from reality. But is that the right way to look at the world?—to write off anything not known to science, even if it’s because of science’s limitations? It seems to me that this line of thinking puts a little too much faith in science, and is itself divorced from reality. If everyone had this mindset it would utterly stifle any scientific progress or innovation.

And you would see few developments in the world, more broadly. Every technological development represents a step beyond what was formerly known. If the world’s innovators had treated the unknown as “nonsense,” we wouldn’t be where we are today. Many people simply don’t understand practices like chi-gong or tai-chi, and think they are nonsense. But that’s not the case. Consider that scientific instruments have detected that the bodies of true masters of these practices emit everything from infrasonic waves to ultrasonic and electromagnetic waves, to infrared rays, ultraviolet rays, gamma rays, neutrons, atoms, and trace metal elements.

All of these are very much real and physically exist. There is a physical basis to everything. And the same would certainly hold true for the other dimensions and realms that we discuss. So there are no grounds for writing them off as nonsense. Since these practices are meant to make us divine, any discussion of them is naturally going to touch upon a lot of deep things, and we won’t shy away from them.

It’s curious that practices like these, which have such a profound purpose, sometimes have very ordinary-sounding names. For example, chi-gong* simply means “energy practice.” But they are more properly referred to as spiritual practice—or in traditional Chinese culture, as self-cultivation. For that is their purpose. Of course, there are many individual names for such practices, but as a whole they should be referred to as spiritual practices. The case of how chi-gong got its name is telling. It has to do with the state of affairs in China some twenty years ago, when these practices first started to gain in popularity.

China was in the middle of the Cultural Revolution at the time, and there was a strong stigma and hostility surrounding traditional thought and culture; only later did interest in these practices peak. Without getting into the earlier spiritual names for chi-gong, which predate known history, we can see just from the names it’s had in this cycle of civilization what the issue would have been: they were very much religious, owing to the times they date back to, and often had what people would have considered “feudal,” or backward, overtones.

Examples included the Great Way of Practicing the Dao, Vajra Meditation, Way of the Buddhist Saints, The Dafa of Buddhahood, and The Nine-Cycle Method of the Golden Elixir. Naming your practice something like that during the Cultural Revolution would have gotten you denounced and attacked—even if you were sharing the practice with people out of good intentions, like to promote better health. And so nobody dared to use traditional-sounding names.

What most instructors did, instead, was to adopt two non-controversial terms—chi and gong (“energy” and “practice”)—from traditional Chinese spiritual texts to refer to their practices. So even though you now see some people researching the history of “chi-gong,” there’s not much to it. It would have just been referred to as spiritual practice, or self-cultivation, before. So the term chi-gong is just a recent invention that was meant to suit a modern, secular sensibility."

If anyone is interested the full book can be downloaded here. It talks about spiritual things from a scientific perspective. It talks about other dimensions, the soul, the cosmos in the microcosm and the macrocosm, supernatural abilities, karma, healing,  the true history of mankind, transcending the 5 elements and leaving the 3 realms and many many other fascinating things:

https://falundafa.org/eng/eng/pdf/Zhuan-Falun-2018-v1.9.pdf

1 hour ago, EnergyGem said:

If anyone is interested the full book can be downloaded here. It talks about spiritual things from a scientific perspective. It talks about other dimensions, the soul, the cosmos in the microcosm and the macrocosm, supernatural abilities, karma, healing,  the true history of mankind, transcending the 5 elements and leaving the 3 realms and many many other fascinating things:

https://falundafa.org/eng/eng/pdf/Zhuan-Falun-2018-v1.9.pdf

Thank you for the link! And I agree that spiritual awakening implies a lot more than ego death and being aware of what reality 'is'... or repeating like a dumb parrot that everything is the way it is. This is some serious shit which transcends the human abilities and understanding. Awakening is when you become God and conquer death like a true God, not when you accept nothingness like a powerless human being... because "hellaaaawww you're finite and it's all Maya". Who the fuck says that I'm finite? >:(

22 minutes ago, Member said:

Thank you for the link! And I agree that spiritual awakening implies a lot more than ego death and being aware of what reality 'is'... or repeating like a dumb parrot that everything is the way it is. This is some serious shit which transcends the human abilities and understanding. Awakening is when you become God and conquer death like a true God, not when you accept nothingness like a powerless human being... because "hellaaaawww you're finite and it's all Maya". Who the fuck says that I'm finite? >:(

You're welcome. Yes there is much more to enlightenment then just a state of mind.

It entails forging one's supernatural abilities, cleansing one's body from Karma so it is free of illness and cultivating a myriad of supernatural things within oneself including what Daoists describe as the “birth of the immortal infant” and Buddhists call “developing of an incorruptible body.” This is all covered in great detail in the book. 

1 hour ago, EnergyGem said:

You're welcome. Yes there is much more to enlightenment then just a state of mind.

It entails forging one's supernatural abilities, cleansing one's body from Karma so it is free of illness and cultivating a myriad of supernatural things within oneself including what Daoists describe as the “birth of the immortal infant” and Buddhists call “developing of an incorruptible body.” This is all covered in great detail in the book. 

Yep. From my perspective, the “birth of the immortal infant” is what we all secretly wish to achieve. It's not egoistic to desire to become immortal and become free from all the diseases. I reached to the conclusion that diseases and death are actually a spiritual problem and it's not how nature was supposed to be. That's why humans should transcend these mind-body limitations and finally reach their Godlike potential. Who says this is ego not wanting  to surrender has a big gap in understanding, imo.

Edited by Member

Can this help with carpal tunnel? Ready been looking at qi gong and tai chi for a while

9 hours ago, Member said:

Yep. From my perspective, the “birth of the immortal infant” is what we all secretly wish to achieve. It's not egoistic to desire to become immortal and become free from all the diseases. I reached to the conclusion that diseases and death are actually a spiritual problem and it's not how nature was supposed to be. That's why humans should transcend these mind-body limitations and finally reach their Godlike potential. Who says this is ego not wanting  to surrender has a big gap in understanding, imo.

Yes, highly accomplished QiGong Masters have said that mankind actually fell into this lowest dimension, his true origins are from other dimensions or what religions have termed to call 'heavens'. In these realms there is no such things as getting old, illness or dying and this is our original state.

8 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

Can this help with carpal tunnel? Ready been looking at qi gong and tai chi for a while

This QiGong has healed hundreds of thousands of people from various ailments, some very serious. A book has been written about Falun Dafa's healing and purifying power:

https://en.minghui.org/html/articles/2005/4/3/59184.html

Also, the book I linked in my first post is the theory of the practice. The practice also involves a set of 5 powerful QiGong exercises which can be downloaded for free from their main website:

https://en.falundafa.org/

Dutch guy said:

@EnergyGem Yep , birth of the immortal infant. Great. My avatar is about that. I do Healing Tao, inner alchemy/qigong. This winter I will do a darkness retreat for the first time. Which is part of the so called 'lesser enlightenment'.  I really like this system makes me feel calmer and more lively. Only for that reason alone , it's worth it for me.

Nice, there are many upright schools of Cultivation. Falun Dafa is a very powerful system, some of it's unique features are discussed in the book, I think you would find it a very interesting read:

https://falundafa.org/eng/eng/zfl_2018_1.html#7

Edited by EnergyGem

11 hours ago, Member said:

I reached to the conclusion that diseases and death are actually a spiritual problem and it's not how nature was supposed to be

As a type 1 diabetic I disagree. This disease has been one of the biggest blessings and most profound teachers received. I learn more from it every day as it pushes me more deeply into myself, and into the condition of humanity. 

Edited by Consilience

4 hours ago, Consilience said:

As a type 1 diabetic I disagree. This disease has been one of the biggest blessings and most profound teachers received. I learn more from it every day as it pushes me more deeply into myself, and into the condition of humanity. 

I agree that sometimes unfortunate events are here to push past our limits. I've had many of them and now I'm grateful because my life could have been a lot more different. Some of them can teach us many lessons and help us to evolve, although that's not always the case. Sometimes it could be our fellows' actions which affect our lives deeply and could make us sick without learning anything at all. Call them sins or whatever but I think that we are all responsible for what's happening in the world. The butterfly effect says that every small action has huge consequences in the future, so my theory is that if we evolve past our human condition and become Godlike, we can also save others from death and misery. To me there is no other way other than become a superhuman and fight against all logic because, believe it or not, death is a state of mind. The tree of life is within but you can't eat from it if you don't become God yourself.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:08 PM, Consilience said:

In Cultivation they believe that illness is due to large amounts of Karma and suffering due to illness is one way to pay off one's Karma so there is merit to what you are saying. However no one Truly wants to be sick and purification of one's body to an illness free state is one of the first steps in the Cultivation process, only with an illness free body can when acquire Gong (a type of high energy matter) and ascend to higher levels.

Thank you for this! Appreciate it, and I will read the material

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

On 6/10/2020 at 9:31 PM, EnergyGem said:

In Cultivation they believe that illness is due to large amounts of Karma and suffering due to illness is one way to pay off one's Karma so there is merit to what you are saying. However no one Truly wants to be sick and purification of one's body to an illness free state is one of the first steps in the Cultivation process, only with an illness free body can when acquire Gong (a type of high energy matter) and ascend to higher levels.

I suppose this ascension you speak of is outside of this current lifetime. There are no known cases of healing T1D. And unlike other diseases, there are multiple problems at play meaning that it would potentially require twice the effort of healing compared to other diseases. It’s autoimmune but also causes permanent physical damage. Even if I “willed” my immune system back into a state where it doesn't attack my body, Id have ro further “will” the pancreas to regenerate. 

Reaching some sort of ascended state isn’t what my life seems to be moving towards, but I feel at peace with this particular burden. A body is not who or what I am. 

7 hours ago, Consilience said:

I suppose this ascension you speak of is outside of this current lifetime. There are no known cases of healing T1D. And unlike other diseases, there are multiple problems at play meaning that it would potentially require twice the effort of healing compared to other diseases. It’s autoimmune but also causes permanent physical damage. Even if I “willed” my immune system back into a state where it doesn't attack my body, Id have ro further “will” the pancreas to regenerate. 

Reaching some sort of ascended state isn’t what my life seems to be moving towards, but I feel at peace with this particular burden. A body is not who or what I am. 

Consilience, people have recovered from various ailments from practicing Falun Dafa, many that were extremely serious or terminal. Here is an interesting article on Falun Dafa's healing effects:

https://en.minghui.org/html/articles/2020/8/18/186405.html

In regards to Falun Dafa, they believe that ascension is possible within ones lifetime, the reason for this is explained in depth in the book. 

@EnergyGem  The healing effects are probably exaggerated. A lot of people have made it a way of life and then such stories get made up. It also has some religious elements mixed in, which probably made it more popular. I do understand were that comes from this health thing. I also have cultivated a lot of energy and you feel more lively and energized. It probably makes you feel better, especially the effect that builds in the years.

It is probably worth it, for your health and probably gets the monkey mind stiller in less practice time than meditation. I say this based from my effects that I got from healing Tao.

Its probably one of the best options for health. You also need some more movement on a day and healthy diet and lifestyle.

On 8/18/2020 at 6:26 PM, --George-- said:

@EnergyGem  The healing effects are probably exaggerated. A lot of people have made it a way of life and then such stories get made up. It also has some religious elements mixed in, which probably made it more popular. I do understand were that comes from this health thing. I also have cultivated a lot of energy and you feel more lively and energized. It probably makes you feel better, especially the effect that builds in the years.

It is probably worth it, for your health and probably gets the monkey mind stiller in less practice time than meditation. I say this based from my effects that I got from healing Tao.

Its probably one of the best options for health. You also need some more movement on a day and healthy diet and lifestyle.

George in terms of the health benefits they are indeed very profound. A whole book has been written about Falun Dafa's healing and rejuvenating effects. Many of the diseases that are mentioned in the book were seen by doctors to be incurable but were all cured through practicing Falun Dafa. The book can be downloaded here:

Also, a large scale health survey was conducted on Falun Dafa practitioners from China, North America and Taiwan. The findings show that Falun Dafa practitioners showed dramatic health improvements across the board:

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/6628

On 20.8.2020 at 2:58 AM, EnergyGem said:

George in terms of the health benefits they are indeed very profound. A whole book has been written about Falun Dafa's healing and rejuvenating effects. Many of the diseases that are mentioned in the book were seen by doctors to be incurable but were all cured through practicing Falun Dafa. The book can be downloaded here:

Also, a large scale health survey was conducted on Falun Dafa practitioners from China, North America and Taiwan. The findings show that Falun Dafa practitioners showed dramatic health improvements across the board:

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/6628

You problably came here to promote falun gong purely. I can see, you are part of organization. 

On 20.8.2020 at 2:58 AM, EnergyGem said: