Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raze

‘Collapse of civilisation is the most likely outcome’: top climate scientists

31 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

And if your mom had balls she's be your father.

Things are exactly as they must be.

Exactly, things are the way they must be and I must tell you that this kind of attitude will not help us at all. It will help your suffering, but not that of your brothers and sisters.

It seems like you cannot see the wonderful oppurtunity and potential we have been given here. Everything must be the way it is, but everything must also be as free as it is. You cannot deny your own freedom with the presence of perfection.

This is what I mean, Christ would have not even come up with such an excuse. To him things being exactly the way they have to be fuel his compassion and action. He did not hide behind it in an attempt to find satisfaction.

One compelling narrative can change the world. And whether you want to or not, you are inevitably creating a narrative for yourself. "Things are exactly as the must be". Ask yourself, why are you telling us this? Why are you saying that which is so obvious, which is present in all actions, unless it shall motivate actions itself? You wouldn't say this if you had no desire to change that which must be.

Because the desire to change that which must be is part of that which must be, and it is wonderful and perfect this way.

Glory to Israel

5 minutes ago, Dutch guy said:

Yeah this is a standard tactic to make the urgency higher and get governments to spend a lot of money. My parents were scared into believing global cooling. Didn't happen. By the way big temperature changes happened long before there were people. We are just a speck of dust.

It's a fallacy to assume they are being alarmist just because what they say is alarming

I've read the text. To be honest, these scientists are huge fearmongers. Imo It might be not the collapse of civilization but the collapse of stage blue stupidity. Right now way too many people mindlessly breeding like rabbits in China and India (and in other countries such as Pakistan, etc) because their culture and tradition told them so and they can't stop the ideology machine,

Now, indeed, where the fuck we will settle this 1bil of people if some places become impossible to live there? Maybe this mindset of nonstop reproducing and becoming the slave to traditional values will start to die for real and this climate thing will be a catalyst of it.

Pretty interesting prospect to consider - maybe the biggest root cause of climate change is not so much about stage orange technology footprint, but the fucking amount of people we have here on earth using this technology? Which stems from the stage blue values of non-stop reproduction? Like, every kid grows up and he now needs more food, more water, more tool supplies, he needs a house, he needs a car (!), he likes to go to vacations and fly/sail everywhere, he likes MCDonald plastic cola cups.
It all accelerates our need to produce more stuff and to have more stuff. Maybe if we had 5 billions less population we didn't have all these problems. But we have stage blue people who can't have enough and see the God in breeding.

Edited by Hello from Russia

9 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

I've read the text. To be honest, these scientists are huge fearmongers. Imo It might be not the collapse of civilization but the collapse of stage blue stupidity. Right now way too many people mindlessly breeding like rabbits in China and India (and in other countries such as Pakistan, etc) because their culture and tradition told them so and they can't stop the ideology machine,

Now, indeed, where the fuck we will settle this 1bil of people if some places become impossible to live there? Maybe this mindset of nonstop reproducing and becoming the slave to traditional values will start to die for real and this climate thing will be a catalyst of it.

Pretty interesting prospect to consider - maybe the biggest root cause of climate change is not so much about stage orange technology footprint, but the fucking amount of people we have here on earth using this technology? Which stems from the stage blue values of non-stop reproduction? Like, every kid grows up and he now needs more food, more water, more tool supplies, he needs a house, he needs a car (!), he likes to go to vacations and fly/sail everywhere, he likes MCDonald plastic cola cups.
It all accelerates our need to produce more stuff and to have more stuff. Maybe if we had 5 billions less population we didn't have all these problems. But we have stage blue people who can't have enough and see the God in breeding.

It's a factor but most emissions and consumption is done by the richest people and richest countries. 

IDGAF about climate change man!

and guess what? the guys in charge neither.

6 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

IDGAF about climate change man!

and guess what? the guys in charge neither.

hFkOgz5.jpg

Aside from the issues of whether climate change is real or not, caused by humans or not, the thing which bothers me is what type of action could be progressive? I.e. not costing poorer people relatively more of their disposable income? We already have 'green taxes' in my country but they are regressive, such as a flat percentage rate on our fuel bills to subsidise green energy. This simply increases poverty and inequality as far as I can see. 

Edited by LarryW

On 6/5/2020 at 4:18 AM, Hello from Russia said:

So, I"m sort of even looking for that. I am fucking tired of Russian Winters, man

What part of Russia are you from?

my dad lives in Moscow, according to his stories that I hear in Skype, you guys had a very mind winter this year. Actually this threw me off guard because Russia is a country with a cold climate. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"