Waken

Discussing psychedelics with a teacher of mine

8 posts in this topic

I asked someone who is teaching me some processes about psychedelic usage, and I'd like to share what he mentioned. I don't believe he knows the ins and outs of it, he's not an expert in it, doesn't have mystical insight in it, perhaps never used it himself and what he shared might just be passed down information and/or partly his own thoughts. I said that to get it out in front, so it doesn't need to be repeated for a variety of reasons. It wasn't a long talk on it, but maybe it adds something useful for people who don't know it's safe to use psychedelics and to what extent they can be a tool for liberation.

He has worked under Kaleshwar, who was quite a powerful master/guru. The focus on the processes he knows are of an energetic nature, involving lots of mantra-based practices, working with the 5 elements and such. Okay this is basically what I remember him saying in a nutshell:
If you are in a depression or something, sure you can use it to get yourself out of it. You're trying to meditate and it's not working, you're not in a good mental space and you feel that for example lighting a joint or microdosing helps you, okay do it, it's fine. I don't think these things will cause you much damage. However you don't want to be dependent on them and if you can do without them, I would do without them. If you come into high experiences, you'll know that no doubt that psychedelics can not take you there. It doesn't compare. You must do it yourself, it must be authentic, it must be your own energy doing it/getting you there, not the energy from the psychedelic (I think that last part is what he said/meant). In certain (high level) processes psychedelics are/can be used to balance the energies of the elements (referring to the 5 elements, I don't know what he meant by balancing it exactly). For example, Neem Karoli Baba (not sure if this was the guru he mentioned, or that he mentioned another one) used to smoke cooled down lava through a metallic pipe (something like this, don't remember exactly) to balance or heal something. But he knew what he was doing, he wouldn't do it a lot. In general don't use them if you don't have too.

Again, no need to hold him as an expert on it. But I like to share, as it's information I would liked to have known myself.

When you realize you are literally are a psychedelic, when you eat a mushroom or eat a tab of lsd, you are literally eating yourself, notions like “you must do it yourself” lose all meaning. That’s just my pov though. I also practice meditation and yoga pretty relentlessly and I find they make me trip deeper, and tripping deepens the meditation and yoga. 

Edited by Consilience

17 minutes ago, Consilience said:

When you realize you are literally are a psychedelic, when you eat a mushroom or eat a tab of lsd, you are literally eating yourself, notions like “you must do it yourself” lose all meaning. 

Haha, that made me smile ❤️

@Waken Sorry but your teacher is an idiot and not awake.

Stop listening to humans.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Waken He is creating a dualistic construct within an infinite sea of potential creations. It would be like me holding a grain of sand and telling you it is the beach.  

What I have learned form one LSD trip is that there's no difference between tripping and life, it's all one experience. A trip is just a little more dense part of that experience.

That means that everything that is possible sober is also possible on a psychedelic, but on a substance it will be more intense and happen quicker.

That's why you CAN get a spiritual breakthrough on a trip. Your inquiry gets 1000x more intense for a moment.

16 hours ago, Consilience said:

When you realize you are literally are a psychedelic, when you eat a mushroom or eat a tab of lsd, you are literally eating yourself, notions like “you must do it yourself” lose all meaning. That’s just my pov though. I also practice meditation and yoga pretty relentlessly and I find they make me trip deeper, and tripping deepens the meditation and yoga. 

Of course it doesn't literally make sense, I know that too. But now you just analyze it in literal way, instead of responding to what he meant. I could also say that you literally are meditation and yoga, so notions like 'I also practise meditation and yoga pretty relentlessly' lose all meaning, because how could you practise yourself.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Waken Sorry but your teacher is an idiot and not awake.

Stop listening to humans.

^_^ 
That last line is good advice, already stopped trusting them for a while though

16 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Waken He is creating a dualistic construct within an infinite sea of potential creations. It would be like me holding a grain of sand and telling you it is the beach.  

Hi thanks, could you expand on what you mean? What's the error in his message?

16 hours ago, Girzo said:

What I have learned form one LSD trip is that there's no difference between tripping and life, it's all one experience. A trip is just a little more dense part of that experience.

That means that everything that is possible sober is also possible on a psychedelic, but on a substance it will be more intense and happen quicker.

That's why you CAN get a spiritual breakthrough on a trip. Your inquiry gets 1000x more intense for a moment.

Sure, you can't make a distinction between tripping and 'real life' in that sense, but I don't see how you could deduce from that that everything that is possible using a sober state has to be the same with the use of psychedelics.

20 minutes ago, Waken said:

Of course it doesn't literally make sense, I know that too. But now you just analyze it in literal way, instead of responding to what he meant. I could also say that you literally are meditation and yoga, so notions like 'I also practise meditation and yoga pretty relentlessly' lose all meaning, because how could you practise yourself.

I am responding to what he meant. He’a creating a duality out of the “do it yourself” model. Im saying no such duality exists so his advice doesn’t have any real grounding. You’re exactly correct about yoga and meditation- this is an extremely important insight for people to have