John Iverson

What does Mediocrity in Society mean? And living in Bare minimum?

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I need more understanding of this.. 

is being a Pilot, Counselor, Lawyer, Engineer or a professional a mediocre? and living in bare minimum? If it is How? They are professionals , universities and school and Society made them respectable, especially Pilots, i have a friend here that's studying to become a pilot and i am thinking right now, about how he is living in Bare Minimum in society? His family is rich, and I don't know if he genuinely dreamed to become a pilot but i can see that he really admire it, on the other hand it made me think that he doesn't know the possibility about life, he just living life and interacted with life on what is on the surface, like everything in the society and in the mainstream, he could be someone else and actualized something new that people will be inspired by actualizing it

Edited by John Iverson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at most people in society.


Always Be Hardcore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking about when Leo said this in his latest video (advice for young people part 2)?

It means not having ambitions and having low standards like everyone else. Being okay with minimum wage, being unhealthy, wasting life, having no dreams, etc. etc.


“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Look at most people in society.

How about pilots, or everything that people respect in society , the High Status one, the professionals,,,  ..  how about that? ..they are respected by people around society .. what makes people mediocre? And in bare minimum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Iverson  Yeah, people respect pilots because pilots are not mediocre. Most people are not pilots.

Why would you assume that mediocre people don't recognize greatness when they see it?


Always Be Hardcore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Derek White said:

Are you talking about when Leo said this in his latest video (advice for young people part 2)?

It means not having ambitions and having low standards like everyone else. Being okay with minimum wage, being unhealthy, wasting life, having no dreams, etc. etc.

Yes.. i'm contemplating the life of the ordinary.. 

 

How about if someone have  ambition to be a Pilot? So? Is he/she in the Category of not being in Bare minimum or mediocre?

i need to know if being a professional like being a Pilot is a Low Standards? Or Being Engineer, Physics Professor could be on the category of Mediocrity

because it is obvious for people like homeless or in your family your dad is being dysfunctional it is clear that he is a mediocre how about people in the society that is Functional?

minimum wage ? How about high paid professionals?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Iverson It depends what kind of pilot are you. Mediocrity is about what you do on the inside not what you do on the outside. You could be doctor or a pilot and still be mediocre in the inside. It's not about being different from others. It's about following your values and living a passionate life on the inside. 

 

 


“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Iverson What he meant it that it doesn't take a special person to follow the beaten path and be a pilot because everyone else they know is doing that, or their culture fed them with the idea that 'Being a pilot is cool'. If you do it like that, you will get mired in the system and you will completely lose touch with your authentic self. Maybe you don't really want to be a pilot/engineer/scientist/doctor, but you went for it because of indoctrination.

Now it is perfectly fine if you authentically have a dream of becoming a pilot. You can go for it and be an authentic fit in the system you're entering, in which case you won't lose yourself in the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

@John Iverson What he meant it that it doesn't take a special person to follow the beaten path and be a pilot because everyone else they know is doing that, or their culture fed them with the idea that 'Being a pilot is cool'. If you do it like that, you will get mired in the system and you will completely lose touch with your authentic self. Maybe you don't really want to be a pilot/engineer/scientist/doctor, but you went for it because of indoctrination.

Now it is perfectly fine if you authentically have a dream of becoming a pilot. You can go for it and be an authentic fit in the system you're entering, in which case you won't lose yourself in the system.

Okay i understand this part 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Derek White said:

@John Iverson It depends what kind of pilot are you. Mediocrity is about what you do on the inside not what you do on the outside. You could be doctor or a pilot and still be mediocre in the inside. It's not about being different from others. It's about following your values and living a passionate life on the inside. 

 

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Iverson said:

I need more understanding of this.. 

is being a Pilot, Counselor, Lawyer, Engineer or a professional a mediocre? and living in bare minimum? If it is How? They are professionals , universities and school and Society made them respectable, especially Pilots, i have a friend here that's studying to become a pilot and i am thinking right now, about how he is living in Bare Minimum in society? His family is rich, and I don't know if he genuinely dreamed to become a pilot but i can see that he really admire it, on the other hand it made me think that he doesn't know the possibility about life, he just living life and interacted with life on what is on the surface, like everything in the society and in the mainstream, he could be someone else and actualized something new that people will be inspired by actualizing it

Mediocrity is not akin to any one role. It is underpinned by ones approach and motive through expressing it. Any role can be mediocre, even a guru or sage. It is more a question of what is one doing in their position? Are they using it to its maximal potential? Are they exuding the highest potential they them self can express through that role? Are they serving others while acting from it?

This is the only measure of mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Mediocrity is not akin to any one role. It is underpinned by ones approach and motive through expressing it. Any role can be mediocre, even a guru or sage. It is more a question of what is one doing in their position? Are they using it to its maximal potential? Are they exuding the highest potential they them self can express through that role? Are they serving others while acting from it?

This is the only measure of mediocrity.

Ohhh! I realize something Bout highest potential 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now