SerpaeTetra

Global Reaction To George Floyd

8 posts in this topic

This virus is helping to create chaos.  Honestly, I'm entertained by it all, but I hope everyone is safe.    Coronavirus has to be spreading too in all these protests at least somewhat despite the masks.  This is going global now, will it spread throughout the world?

5 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Honestly, I'm entertained by it all, but I hope everyone is safe. 

Edgy 

5 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Coronavirus has to be spreading too in all these protests at least somewhat despite the masks.  This is going global now, will it spread throughout the world?

Will the George Floyd protests spread throughout the world?

I doubt it

What would they be protesting throughout the world, the American police, what is your government going to do to stop America’s police, and why the sole focus on American police brutality, does George’s Floyd’s life have more importance as he’s an American Citizen than all the rest of the world that are subjugated by their corrupt despotic governments, where police brutality is the norm 

No, we don’t give a fuck when some poor man from the third world gets his head kicked in by the police

Well the protests for it have definitely started in the UK lol, doubt it would go "global" as a lot of countries have worse things to worry about. 

8 hours ago, IJB063 said:

No, we don’t give a fuck when some poor man from the third world gets his head kicked in by the police

Honestly true but their own people would hardly care in some places. The US is glamorized by many from these type of countries and seen as the place of freedom and whatnot, and is supposedly "developed" that's why it's a bigger issue. If the US can't get it right then what hope do these less developed countries have. (Ofc we know there's more consciously developed places than the US but big power = best place to live for some people). 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

9 hours ago, IJB063 said:

Edgy 

Will the George Floyd protests spread throughout the world?

I doubt it

What would they be protesting throughout the world, the American police, what is your government going to do to stop America’s police, and why the sole focus on American police brutality, does George’s Floyd’s life have more importance as he’s an American Citizen than all the rest of the world that are subjugated by their corrupt despotic governments, where police brutality is the norm 

If you study the true history of the American Empire, you will see that the United States has been the WORLD's police for the past century. Similar levels of over-reach and straight up murder. Similar brutality. Similar racism and oppression of innocent people. 

I hope this goes global, because this is not about just one black man or American cops. This is about an empire gone way too far with their tyranny.

thank goodness for the protests.  cruelty like that cannot be tolerated.  It's really nice seeing so many people putting up a fight against it.  Police departments and law need to be be caught up on what is acceptable and what is not.  It's sad that cruelty like this has been going on for hundreds (or thousands) of years but hopefully now public embarrassment will be what it takes to get them to stop doing what they are doing.

8 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

thank goodness for the protests.  cruelty like that cannot be tolerated.  It's really nice seeing so many people putting up a fight against it.  Police departments and law need to be be caught up on what is acceptable and what is not.  It's sad that cruelty like this has been going on for hundreds (or thousands) of years but hopefully now public embarrassment will be what it takes to get them to stop doing what they are doing.

You am annoyed with the robberies and looting. More so with celebrities and athletes justifying riots until it comes to their neighborhood. The cops and the riots are disgusting.

It won't go global. I bet most people don't even know about it.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

I have a feeling that the cabin fever created by corona really made this erupt to the levels it did. It's like the virus has mutated and taken advantage of the underlying social tensions, evolving to spread itself on an emergent cultural level.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.